28 replies to this topic

#16 Sergeant_Crunch

Sergeant_Crunch

God of Overly Complex Tactics and Tactical Errors

• Members
  • 9235 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:41 AM

What's the goal of a roll call?

To help motivate people to paint. It is a place for people to place their painting goals for the month.

I don't see a list.... is there supposed to be a list?

If you'd like. I don't because it becomes a list of everything I don't do for the month. I've actually painted more by writing out what is stopping me, writing down vague nebulous goals, and then magically I paint more. :;):

Or fantasize about painting goals in my case.
  • psyberwolfe1, Girot and Nocturne like this

I'm not so sure I'd want to get hit by a missile with a "dog brain" AI.
My blog:  http://scsminimadness.blogspot.com/

#17 Deadeye_Jake

Deadeye_Jake

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 175 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:30 PM

[Or fantasize about painting goals in my case.

**SIGH** Yeah, last month was my first roll call... sadly stupid "real life" prevented me from completing my goals.

On the plus side, I have the same goals as last month, so that saves me some time in coming up with goals!

#18 Last Knight

Last Knight

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Bones Supporter
  • 6697 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:27 PM

Finished another wraith, Quickshaded the first one in Strong. Might use Dark for this one. :-)

Attached Files

Currently DMing Boldly Into Darkness Go: Down The Murder Hole.

@Last Knight
WHY DID YOU POST THAT?

LK is my hero!

#19 Metalchaos

Metalchaos

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1199 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:31 PM

This month I'm treating the threat, working slowly but surely on a modular diorama concept for the Halloween contest. With some chance and determination, I’ll also have time to complete a single mini to enter the scenic base competition.

#20 Nocturne

Nocturne

King of the North

• Members
  • 3254 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:47 AM

I've had a plan change, once I've finished the Ogre I want to have a play around with some Metal and NMM techniques.

@nocturnerose

Currently procrastinating

#21 Last Knight

Last Knight

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Bones Supporter
  • 6697 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:20 PM

So, we're at: 5 bile thralls, seven goblins (Heroquest), a Death knight (Dragon Strike), three wraiths,a death priest,a wood elf wizard, two dwarves, a Talon light Warjack, the Ogre Chieftain (still needs some details), and a human wizard (Heroquest). 23 for the month, still rolling, i think next up are two ghouls and a ghast...

@Last Knight
WHY DID YOU POST THAT?

LK is my hero!

#22 Girot

Girot

Drunk Bacon God

• Bones Supporter
  • 3889 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:43 AM

I may shift from undead to my xenomorphs for a custom Not-Aliens boardgame I am working on. There are only eight of them so far.

2014 Painted Miniatures/Models: 42

Bones II:  #7355

#23 Last Knight

Last Knight

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Bones Supporter
  • 6697 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:35 PM

So, we're at: 5 bile thralls, seven goblins (Heroquest), a Death knight (Dragon Strike), three wraiths,a death priest,a wood elf wizard, two dwarves, a Talon light Warjack, the Ogre Chieftain (still needs some details), and a human wizard (Heroquest). 23 for the month, still rolling, i think next up are two ghouls and a ghast...

Got my learn to paint kits (as seen in other threads) so I started them; one down, four to go, never did get those ghouls going. :-) Added an Anhurian man at arms and a barrow rat, just finished three more Anhurians for a total of 28 this month. Next up is either my Bones werewolf (applying the other half of the lessons from L2PK1) or else starting L2PK2 (and maybe doing the ghouls/ghast as the "Advanced" side of that).

@Last Knight
WHY DID YOU POST THAT?

LK is my hero!

#24 Leopardpixie

Leopardpixie

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 269 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:06 AM

Im just happy if i finish one, on my shelf of shame as i start 5 more just to be added to it!
::o:
O the colors... some one needs to take my many colors of paint away... they are starting to look too cartoony!
  • Panzer_Engel and Last Knight like this

#25 Exwilly

Exwilly

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 840 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:25 AM

finish zombie unit(30 minis) then start on ghoul unit(30 minis) prime skeletal unit(60 mins) plus start working on my undead orc archers.

well all was going well until a mysterious box ended up showing up at my door and in it was the Warhammer 40k limited edition box set came in. so far ive painted a sorceror(dark angel librarian being used as a chaos sorceror) rhino, dreadnaught, the fallen berserker champ, put together about 70 miniatures last night. (includes other sets.) repainting my ultramarines into fallen angels. ill put up a wip later.
  • Girot likes this
"Remember practice doesn't make perfect but it sure does help only perfect practice makes perfect but you cant be perfect without making mistakes and learning from them." dont know if this is an actual quote by someone lol.

Naturally, he died because a wizard exploded.

like i tell my employees at work who complain about working. your here to work right. yes they reply. your getting paid right. yes they reply. good now go clean the restrooms

#26 Nocturne

Nocturne

King of the North

• Members
  • 3254 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:05 AM

I've had sever delays due to being busy. Will hopefully get back to the Ogre tomorrow and this weekend and start playing around with some different techniques after that.

@nocturnerose

Currently procrastinating

#27 Foxden Racing

Foxden Racing

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 503 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:36 PM

Thanks to a visit from a field mouse, I only have one goal for October: to clean the aforementioned's "presents" off my painting supplies, and replace any brushes that may have been snacked on. While it's a short deadline, it's also an easily attainable one.

#28 Girot

Girot

Drunk Bacon God

• Bones Supporter
  • 3889 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:28 PM

I've only got three easy minis until I can start in on my zombies. There's no way I'll finish by Wednesday night but I got more painted this month than I've painted in the last six months so I'm happy.
  • Last Knight likes this

#29 Girot

Girot

Drunk Bacon God

• Bones Supporter
  • 3889 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:31 AM

I was gonna woof about the internet distracting me from painting but it seems my wireless keyboard is on the verge of dying. dammit. looks like I'll get some painting done today after all...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sparmy Top, speed paint, armies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users