Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Exwilly

KPOP

25 posts in this topic

these videos show his versatility.
1 person likes this

Psy deserves everything he gets. He's completely insane and still making hits.

Yeah he is, it's interesting if you know his history as well. If you know Korea and Korean there are some little jokes here and there.

edit: He is also nothing like a lot of the other Korean pop artists - he's not 20 or younger and does not look like a model..

Yeah, but one of my Korean friends has mentioned that this is a much more "Korean" style song, and she was quite amused that this is what became popular in the states.

Too bad I don't speak a word of Korean.

Now, if something similar in Mandarin would come out, I'd be all over that :P

Not a KPOPophile, but until PSY fifteen minutes, it was yet another manufactured girl or boy band, though I *do* like Girls Generation's Trouble, eye candy and over-choreography not withstanding. Skip to :30.

Yeah, but one of my Korean friends has mentioned that this is a much more "Korean" style song, and she was quite amused that this is what became popular in the states.

Hmm, more Koean than what? The satire and comic styles are very Korean but you don't normally get them in Kpop. The comments of 'it's very Korean' and then 'it's not very Korean' may be dependent on how the person is looking at it. My wife (who is Korean) finds Kangnam style much different than what's out there for Korean pop. I don't pay attention to Kpop so I'm a bad one to judge in some ways but I've lived in Korea for about 15 years or so. I do get commentary from people though and most of what I hear is attention to what he is doing differently.

Exwilly, where is your avatar from I know I've had that picture before but I'm not sure if it was on a book cover or from some art I had from something.

More talk about Kangnam style is on the Tv right now. Can't get away from it :blink: (edit: looks like he has a free outdoor concert in Seoul tonight)

Hmm, more Koean than what? The satire and comic styles are very Korean but you don't normally get them in Kpop. The comments of 'it's very Korean' and then 'it's not very Korean' may be dependent on how the person is looking at it. My wife (who is Korean) finds Kangnam style much different than what's out there for Korean pop. I don't pay attention to Kpop so I'm a bad one to judge in some ways but I've lived in Korea for about 15 years or so. I do get commentary from people though and most of what I hear is attention to what he is doing differently.

Her main concern for what is Korean and what isn't is more geared towards what's popular now - she seems to feel that most Kpop tries to be more western, with western styles and influences throughout their videos in order to appeal to try to appeal to a larger audience.

Personally, I can't tell, as this is the only Korean video I've ever watched hehe. I stayed in what was essentially little Korea-town in Shanghai for a while while teaching English, but the only Korean I managed to pick up was food items. Oh, and how to say hen... don't ask C.c

Well not my type of music, but the videos were interesting to watch

Exwilly, where is your avatar from I know I've had that picture before but I'm not sure if it was on a book cover or from some art I had from something.

More talk about Kangnam style is on the Tv right now. Can't get away from it :blink: (edit: looks like he has a free outdoor concert in Seoul tonight)

i looked up free avatars and found it one one site cant remember anymore.

There is another version of 'Right Now.' (The song was released in 2010.)

This is the latest concert(10/4/12) by Psy in Korea.

1 person likes this

i looked up free avatars and found it one one site cant remember anymore.

Looks like it's just going to keep bugging me then :grr: