24 replies to this topic

#1 Exwilly

Exwilly

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 840 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:32 AM

• Adrift likes this
"Remember practice doesn't make perfect but it sure does help only perfect practice makes perfect but you cant be perfect without making mistakes and learning from them." dont know if this is an actual quote by someone lol.

Naturally, he died because a wizard exploded.

like i tell my employees at work who complain about working. your here to work right. yes they reply. your getting paid right. yes they reply. good now go clean the restrooms

#2 Exwilly

Exwilly

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 840 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:38 AM

heres another one from Psy.
"Remember practice doesn't make perfect but it sure does help only perfect practice makes perfect but you cant be perfect without making mistakes and learning from them." dont know if this is an actual quote by someone lol.

like i tell my employees at work who complain about working. your here to work right. yes they reply. your getting paid right. yes they reply. good now go clean the restrooms

#3 Exwilly

Exwilly

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 840 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:39 AM

these videos show his versatility.
  • Adrift likes this

#4 recruittons

recruittons

Arch Magi of Figmentia Exchangus

• Bones Supporter
  • 1782 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:57 AM

Psy deserves everything he gets. He's completely insane and still making hits.
Posted Image

#5 Miar

Miar

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 166 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:51 PM

Yeah he is, it's interesting if you know his history as well. If you know Korea and Korean there are some little jokes here and there.

edit: He is also nothing like a lot of the other Korean pop artists - he's not 20 or younger and does not look like a model..

Interest in Bones trading (On Boardgamegeek as Miar)

#6 Atramagus

Atramagus

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 446 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

Yeah, but one of my Korean friends has mentioned that this is a much more "Korean" style song, and she was quite amused that this is what became popular in the states.

Too bad I don't speak a word of Korean.

Now, if something similar in Mandarin would come out, I'd be all over that :P

#7 aromaticpose

aromaticpose

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 161 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:58 PM

The Atlantic has a good article and My Dear Korea has original research on the message behind Gangnam Style. It's actually some decent social commentary..

#8 ced1106

ced1106

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 754 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:59 PM

Not a KPOPophile, but until PSY fifteen minutes, it was yet another manufactured girl or boy band, though I *do* like Girls Generation's Trouble, eye candy and over-choreography not withstanding. Skip to :30.

#9 Miar

Miar

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 166 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:14 AM

Yeah, but one of my Korean friends has mentioned that this is a much more "Korean" style song, and she was quite amused that this is what became popular in the states.

Hmm, more Koean than what? The satire and comic styles are very Korean but you don't normally get them in Kpop. The comments of 'it's very Korean' and then 'it's not very Korean' may be dependent on how the person is looking at it. My wife (who is Korean) finds Kangnam style much different than what's out there for Korean pop. I don't pay attention to Kpop so I'm a bad one to judge in some ways but I've lived in Korea for about 15 years or so. I do get commentary from people though and most of what I hear is attention to what he is doing differently.

#10 Miar

Miar

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 166 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:17 AM

Exwilly, where is your avatar from I know I've had that picture before but I'm not sure if it was on a book cover or from some art I had from something.

More talk about Kangnam style is on the Tv right now. Can't get away from it :blink: (edit: looks like he has a free outdoor concert in Seoul tonight)

#11 Atramagus

Atramagus

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 446 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:34 AM

Hmm, more Koean than what? The satire and comic styles are very Korean but you don't normally get them in Kpop. The comments of 'it's very Korean' and then 'it's not very Korean' may be dependent on how the person is looking at it. My wife (who is Korean) finds Kangnam style much different than what's out there for Korean pop. I don't pay attention to Kpop so I'm a bad one to judge in some ways but I've lived in Korea for about 15 years or so. I do get commentary from people though and most of what I hear is attention to what he is doing differently.

Her main concern for what is Korean and what isn't is more geared towards what's popular now - she seems to feel that most Kpop tries to be more western, with western styles and influences throughout their videos in order to appeal to try to appeal to a larger audience.

Personally, I can't tell, as this is the only Korean video I've ever watched hehe. I stayed in what was essentially little Korea-town in Shanghai for a while while teaching English, but the only Korean I managed to pick up was food items. Oh, and how to say hen... don't ask C.c

#12 dwarvenranger

dwarvenranger

Doglike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1374 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:11 AM

Well not my type of music, but the videos were interesting to watch
Grow Stronger

#13 Exwilly

Exwilly

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 840 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:04 AM

Exwilly, where is your avatar from I know I've had that picture before but I'm not sure if it was on a book cover or from some art I had from something.

More talk about Kangnam style is on the Tv right now. Can't get away from it :blink: (edit: looks like he has a free outdoor concert in Seoul tonight)

i looked up free avatars and found it one one site cant remember anymore.

#14 evergrin

evergrin

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:15 PM

There is another version of 'Right Now.' (The song was released in 2010.)

This is the latest concert(10/4/12) by Psy in Korea.

• Exwilly likes this

#15 Miar

Miar

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 166 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:23 PM

i looked up free avatars and found it one one site cant remember anymore.

Looks like it's just going to keep bugging me then :grr:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users