Illithar

Bones KS and Alternate Bits/Sculpts

I looked to see if this question had been asked and answered but I couldn't find anything around or in the FAQ on the KS so, apologies if it has been asked an I'm just blind...

Will the miniatures from the Kicstarter come with the alternate pieces that the original metal mini's have? For example the Rosie, Chronotechnician can either be wielding a rifle or a giant wrench. Will the Bones that come from the Kickstarter have these alternate bits?

Very good question. The Derek Schubert hellborn wizard comes with a staff, crystal ball, and wand option in metal.

This was answered elsewhere. Can't remember if it was in the unsearchable unlinkable 30,000 ks comments or on the forum. The minis will be single piece without the extra bits, as shown. With the possible exception of some of the bigger dragons if the wings prove to be a molding issue.

Has to do with the way they're molded. More parts makes it much more expensive. Pretty much for the same reason we needed the kickstarter in the first place. Pity, but there you go. On the other hand, modding Bones is relatively easy.

Well, the beauty of Bones is the plastic is VERY easy to mess with and make alterations. A little green stuff can quickly alter a sculpt into something that suits your vision.

And with the price of em, it means that you can chop, cut, and mod to your hearts extent without your internal money manager freaking out. 8-)

Of course I had mine surgically removed years ago.....lol

Well, after all the paint stuff that I didn't care about, there had to eventually be something that would upset me. I get why it is the way it is, but man, does that suck for Rosie, especially since they picked the generic big gun instead of the wrench.

• Like 1

Well, after all the paint stuff that I didn't care about, there had to eventually be something that would upset me. I get why it is the way it is, but man, does that suck for Rosie, especially since they picked the generic big gun instead of the wrench.

This may be a bit of heresy, but you could order the wrench bit from the boneyard, and then replace the plastic gun with the metal wrench. I do stuff like this all the time.

Halber

This topic is now closed to further replies.