• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 Illithar

Illithar

Mostly Harmless

• Bones Supporter
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:02 PM

I looked to see if this question had been asked and answered but I couldn't find anything around or in the FAQ on the KS so, apologies if it has been asked an I'm just blind...

Will the miniatures from the Kicstarter come with the alternate pieces that the original metal mini's have? For example the Rosie, Chronotechnician can either be wielding a rifle or a giant wrench. Will the Bones that come from the Kickstarter have these alternate bits?

#2 Adrift

Adrift

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2047 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:07 PM

Very good question. The Derek Schubert hellborn wizard comes with a staff, crystal ball, and wand option in metal.

#3 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 14525 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:12 PM

This was answered elsewhere. Can't remember if it was in the unsearchable unlinkable 30,000 ks comments or on the forum. The minis will be single piece without the extra bits, as shown. With the possible exception of some of the bigger dragons if the wings prove to be a molding issue.

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

#4 Illithar

Illithar

Mostly Harmless

• Bones Supporter
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:21 PM

Aw :(

Oh well, thanks for the quick reply!

#5 JackMann

JackMann

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1622 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:45 PM

Has to do with the way they're molded. More parts makes it much more expensive. Pretty much for the same reason we needed the kickstarter in the first place. Pity, but there you go. On the other hand, modding Bones is relatively easy.

#6 Adrift

Adrift

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2047 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:40 AM

Well, the beauty of Bones is the plastic is VERY easy to mess with and make alterations. A little green stuff can quickly alter a sculpt into something that suits your vision.

#7 Gryfter_92

Gryfter_92

Mostly Harmless

• Bones Supporter
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:20 AM

And with the price of em, it means that you can chop, cut, and mod to your hearts extent without your internal money manager freaking out. 8-)

Of course I had mine surgically removed years ago.....lol

#8 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 14525 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:15 AM

Trepination. Not just for releasing cranial pressure anymore.

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

#9 ApesAmongUs

ApesAmongUs

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:40 AM

Well, after all the paint stuff that I didn't care about, there had to eventually be something that would upset me. I get why it is the way it is, but man, does that suck for Rosie, especially since they picked the generic big gun instead of the wrench.
  • SilverRowan likes this

#10 Halberkill

Halberkill

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 204 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:09 PM

Well, after all the paint stuff that I didn't care about, there had to eventually be something that would upset me. I get why it is the way it is, but man, does that suck for Rosie, especially since they picked the generic big gun instead of the wrench.

This may be a bit of heresy, but you could order the wrench bit from the boneyard, and then replace the plastic gun with the metal wrench. I do stuff like this all the time.

Halber

#11 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

The Big Boner

• Bones Supporter
  • 2513 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:08 AM

Unfortunately, I believe this is also why the purple worm didn't get his tail...
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bones, Sculpts, KS, Kickstarter, Bits, Alternate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users