• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#46 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Emperor of The Moon

• Forum Mascot
  • 12353 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:28 AM

...makes me wonder what you think is in there. I've seen it. It's just a lot of old shoes...

I knew it. That's the only reason for such heavy security. Precious, precioussss . . . sssstankyyy ssshoesss.
Powered by Frapp Fuel

#47 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

The Big Boner

• Bones Supporter
  • 2628 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:15 AM

Now I want to go to Reapercon.

You HAVE to go to ReaperCon, you're DMing the entire weekend, remember?
  • psyberwolfe1 and Adrift like this
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

#48 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

The Big Boner

• Bones Supporter
  • 2628 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:19 AM

I've always sort of half wanted to go, but not seriously. I've been registered as a forum member since 2006, but it's only recently I've gotten involved - and that in rather substantial fashion!

I've always loved Reaper, though there was a rough patch in 2008 and I made posts on this board that make the stuff on the cloud giant and paint sets threads look like genteel conversation over tea. Frankly, I was a gigantic jerk (so bad, in fact, that the entire thread was ripped and put private). Looking back it does seem rather a silly thing, and could have been handled much better - certainly on my end. I stayed away from here after that, but Reaper was still awesome so I bought through intermediaries. Completely at random I showed up in August, made one post on the Kickstarter thread, and got swept away in the enthusiasm.

And that's when I really started thinking that this forum, and this company, are more fantastic than I thought. That this was, in fact, the best board I'd ever been on (and I've been on many) and literally filled with superb people. I wanted to stick around, and be part of it, and now we seem to be a good fit.

Before I was just a customer, but now I feel more like I'm part of a community - and a great one at that! So now I'm thinking something like Reapercon, well that might just be something incredibly awesome. And if Bryan wants to share a drink, well that's one damn fine compliment. Bring Clark along, and I'll buy the first round to make up for being a jerk back in '08.

Heck, prolly nobody even remembers that. But I do, and a goblin always pays out a debt to make things even. That's written in the Book of Snotrag the Slimy, our greatest scholar.

*sniff* *sniff*
Aw, I'm gettin' all misty...

But I couldn't agree more! :blush:
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
John Stuart Mill

#49 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Emperor of The Moon

• Forum Mascot
  • 12353 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:25 AM

But if I do that, how am I supposed to hit on all the beautiful ladies?

You need to think this through, man. Think it through!
Powered by Frapp Fuel

#50 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

The Big Boner

• Bones Supporter
  • 2628 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:26 AM

...makes me wonder what you think is in there. I've seen it. It's just a lot of old shoes...

Oh good lord! Now you ARE going to have a goblin infestation...
John Stuart Mill

#51 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Emperor of The Moon

• Forum Mascot
  • 12353 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:27 AM

Oh good lord! Now you ARE going to have a goblin infestation...

Now there's no need for an infestigation. I didn't still so much as a single one, much less a whole pair. Goblin's Honor.
Powered by Frapp Fuel

#52 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

The Big Boner

• Bones Supporter
  • 2628 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:27 AM

I knew it. That's the only reason for such heavy security. Precious, precioussss . . . sssstankyyy ssshoesss.

Told ya!
John Stuart Mill

#53 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

The Big Boner

• Bones Supporter
  • 2628 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:29 AM

You need to think this through, man. Think it through!

You're sparkling personality and sizzling wit will overcome your stanky shoes and all the beautiful ladies will be lining up for the game. Why do you think I'm playing?
John Stuart Mill

#54 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

The Big Boner

• Bones Supporter
  • 2628 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:42 AM

Actually, a greased-down goblin <snip>

Isn't that redundant?
John Stuart Mill

#55 JackMann

JackMann

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1708 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:58 AM

From a hundred yards away at all times, as per your restraining order.
  • bkjohns96, Baphomet69, psyberwolfe1 and 1 other like this

#56 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Emperor of The Moon

• Forum Mascot
  • 12353 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:08 PM

Ohhhh . . . restraining order.

I thought it was a retraining order.

I was wondering when classes were going to start.

And anyway, that whole thing wasn't my fault. Human communities ought to have signs posted if they have secret laws about wearing pants. Not every culture feels the need to wrap themselves in coarse linens, you know. I walk into one town to trade gold for bananas and next thing I know I'm declared indecent.
  • psyberwolfe1, Exwilly and pocketcthulhu like this