• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 MonkeySloth

MonkeySloth

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 5698 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

Wow. That CAV mini blister in the second picture but be one of the largest miniatures ever made.

@monkeysloth

New: Current Contest and Active Ribbon list | My Tutorial List and WIP Thread

I never thought I'd write this...but I agree with MonkeySloth on this one. ~ Adrift

#62 Gryfter_92

Gryfter_92

Mostly Harmless

• Bones Supporter
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:39 PM

@ buglips

You really do have to make it down to the con. Ideally make it down anytime, but the con is awesome!!!!! It is really overwhelming to be honest.
And just to share a little story time with ya.....back in Feb of '11 I was working in the area, (prior to moving down here) and managed to finish the job a day earlier than expected. I had already planned on seeing an old Army buddy of mine, and low and behold Reaper was on the way. Who was I to look a gift horse in the mouth.....I HAD to stop in and see the place where magic was made. It just happened to be around the time when production shuts down for the day, but Reaperbryan took some extra time to give me the factory tour, from making the molds to casting, to QA/QC, to blister packaging. All of it. It was singularly one of the most awesome experiences I had ever had! Bryan was enthusiastic the entire time, and never once gave any indication that I was cutting into his time ( he was asked as he was getting ready to leave for the day). All of my dealings with the folks at Reaper have been very positive!! It is an "extended family" environment.
  • buglips*the*goblin, Adrift and CashWiley like this

#63 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Emperor of The Moon

• Forum Mascot
  • 12212 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:32 PM

Yeah, and see I get that now. That's sort of why I felt compelled to say that yes, some years back, I wasn't so pleasant. I believe in owning what you say and do, and once upon a time I was a jerk on here. I just didn't see that there's this whole other level beyond "just a company" - that there's real passion put into this whole adventure.

I'm a ReaperGeek for life now. So I can't say I'll make the next ReaperCon . . . but I will make a ReaperCon.