• Please log in to reply
419 replies to this topic

#1 recruittons

recruittons

Arch Magi of Figmentia Exchangus

• Bones Supporter
  • 1782 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:53 AM

Well, since I joined this forum a bit late in the game, I missed out on that neat figure exchange thread.

I was thinking that since Summer is now over, and we're hitting the Autumn swing, perhaps starting a new one wouldn't be a bad thing, so here it is! I'm also volunteering to organize it, too!

Post here first

Once we have enough people for this to be viable, I'll request you to PM me with:
(Since I've never done this before, I'll blatantly steal Inarah's info request from the Summer thread...)

Your Real Name
Your Mailing address
an idea of what you can paint (ie: human, females, monsters, "anything")
an idea of what you'd like to receive (ie: Darkreach, undead, mouselings, "no preference")
NB: negative answers like "Please, no mouslings", or "no display base" are also helpful
Material preference: Metal, resin, bones, or any

When I get the info, I'll match people together and PM the info you need for your recipient by October

I was thinking that getting the exchange minis out by the end of November/beginning of December was reasonable. There are several holidays in there, but it's also about 2 months, so everyone who wants to participate should be able to finish and mail a mini in that time frame.

So, any interest?
Posted Image

#2 Amalor Myrnnyx

Amalor Myrnnyx

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 864 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:27 PM

I'm in.
-James Degenhardt
Myrnnyx Mini Gallery

#3 Girot

Girot

Drunk Bacon God

• Bones Supporter
  • 3882 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:07 PM

I'm in. I'd rather not post my address in an open forum though. Here is the rest:

I Can/Will Paint: pretty much anything. to keep the cost fair I'd suggest we both purchase something roughly the same size.
I'd Like To Recieve: whatever you are most comfortable painting. Something practical that can get used for an RPG would be most appreciated. It would also give me an excuse to show off your work whenever I can find an excuse to use your model, lol.
Negatives: No mouselings, scenic bases, or undead. I have a HUGE inventory of undead.
Material Prefs: Metal or Bones. I'd also prefer it be a Reaper product.

2014 Painted Miniatures/Models: 42

Bones II:  #7355

#4 recruittons

recruittons

• Bones Supporter
  • 1782 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:12 PM

@Girot. When we get enough people for this to, I'll just ask that you send your info to me, and I can relay it to the person who will be sending their mini to you!
  • Girot and Exwilly like this
Posted Image

#5 Girot

Girot

Drunk Bacon God

• Bones Supporter
  • 3882 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

@Girot. When we get enough people for this to, I'll just ask that you send your info to me, and I can relay it to the person who will be sending their mini to you!

sounds good dude. ^_^

2014 Painted Miniatures/Models: 42

Bones II:  #7355

#6 recruittons

recruittons

• Bones Supporter
  • 1782 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:33 PM

Sweet! Can't wait to see who else joins ::D:
Posted Image

#7 dispatchdave

dispatchdave

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1345 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:04 PM

I'm down, though I'm not the best painter.

Be a gentleman. It is charming and infuriating, respectively, to exactly the people you want it to be.

My brain is not sick, my brain just is. And sometimes I need a little help to function in a society not designed for my cognition.

-http://wolvensnother...-the-brain?og=1

Hirst Arts Molds: 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 50, 54, 56, 57, 58, 59, 61, 80, 85, 201, 202, 230, 235, 240, 245, 250

#8 DSModels

DSModels

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:07 PM

Hi guys.
I'm new to the forums as a poster but I have been reading them for some time now. Sorry it took so long to introduce myself.
So how will this work exactly? Will the two pared individules send each other a mini they would like painted, or just paint a random mini (with in the others preferance range) and send it as an exchange?
It sounds like a nice friendly gesture between artist.

#9 recruittons

recruittons

• Bones Supporter
  • 1782 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

Basically, you are assigned to another painter who will paint something for you. You get to pick what it generally will be, but not the model specifically. Then that person will select a model within your parameters (based on the likes and dislikes you give me and I relay to them) and paint it up. Once they are done, they'll ship it your way! The person you are assigned to paint for will almost certainly not be the person painting your model, though. Hope that clarifies!
Posted Image

#10 Marsya

Marsya

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 349 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:31 PM

I'll join this one, hopefully we can get started on it soon, as October looks like a good month for me. Pm sent.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

George Bernard Shaw

My gaming and miniatures blog - a glimpse into my world of miniatures and games

#11 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 14657 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:25 PM

Usually its not a paired exchange. It's typically more circular. A paints for B paints for C etc so you don't know who is painting for you.

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

#12 recruittons

recruittons

• Bones Supporter
  • 1782 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:53 PM

Yup! it's like Secret Santa
Posted Image

#13 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Emperor of The Moon

• Forum Mascot
  • 11557 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

I will do this.

Not cool enough for a signature. 

#14 recruittons

recruittons

• Bones Supporter
  • 1782 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:27 PM

Awesome! Well I guess at this point we have enough interest for this to be a real thing! I'll send PMs to those who haven't sent me their information yet to get it from them.

I'll assign people on... shall we say October 8th. This coming Monday. Does this work? Or should I give it till the end of next week?
Posted Image

#15 Tranquil Ape

Tranquil Ape

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 238 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:34 PM

As long as I don't get any hate mail after the fact, count me in (I still have my painters lerning permit). This sounds like a hoot.
-------------------------------------
Formerly known as "D"rayla

My CMON gallery

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: exchange, 2012, autumn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users