• Please log in to reply
419 replies to this topic

#31 recruittons

recruittons

Arch Magi of Figmentia Exchangus

• Bones Supporter
  • 1782 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:37 PM

Counting myself, we now have 12 members of our merry band! This is going to be awesome thanks to everyone jumping in. Thank you, everyone! ::D:

As a reminder, anybody who wants to join in, I'm going to be passing out assignments this coming Monday-Wednesday (It will probably take me a bit of time to get everything sent out) so if there anybody out there who wants in, we'd love for you to join the fun!
  • DSModels likes this
Posted Image

#32 Adrift

Adrift

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1930 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:35 AM

I'd love to participate but I can't even find the time to get working on my Halloween contest entry or the Rahl work in progress that I started.

#33 recruittons

recruittons

• Bones Supporter
  • 1782 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:17 AM

I'd love to participate but I can't even find the time to get working on my Halloween contest entry or the Rahl work in progress that I started.

Well, if you change your mind, we have a pretty big window for participation open all the way through New Years. I want to lock people in sooner than later for assignments, but once you're in, you have close to 3 months to get one finished, but I can definitely respect have no time. :;):
  • DSModels likes this
Posted Image

#34 DSModels

DSModels

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:38 AM

Looking forward to your PM. I can't wait to get started ::D: .

#35 "That Guy"

"That Guy"

Shameless Agitator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:50 AM

OK, I'm in too. This sounds like fun!
Martin is an exceptionally gifted human being, a man of unlimited talent. His smile brightens the sky, and he could lull a dragon to sleep just by whistling softly. He's stronger than The Hulk, braver than Captain America, smarter than Iron Man, and Chuck Norris fears him. A scholar and a gentleman, he is nothing less than the most exemplary ideal of humanity for whom exists no limit of superlatives. He is Martin, Man of Action! -Buglips

http://www.drstrangebrush.com/
https://www.facebook.../drstrangebrush

#36 Seamus

Seamus

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:51 AM

If I'm not too late, I'd like to join in this too.

#37 Shogan

Shogan

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 185 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:40 AM

Can't wait to see what I'm going to paint! When do you think you'll get the matches out?

#38 recruittons

recruittons

• Bones Supporter
  • 1782 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:26 AM

@Shogan: I will get the matches out over the next few days. I'll be sending out messages to people I've found have a perfect match first (today), because I have no reason to switch them. I've found that a few of our requests and a few of our "will paints" have made for some great combos!
Posted Image

#39 recruittons

recruittons

• Bones Supporter
  • 1782 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:12 PM

So, I managed to get a lot more done than I expected! I'm still ironing out some wrinkles, so anybody that hasn't received their painting beneficiary yet, expect to get a message from me tomorrow.

As a side note: Would everyone participating please message me with the following:

Willing to Ship Internationally: Yes or No.

This is an important piece of info that I completely forgot to include in the information gathering I did before and a prompt response would mean the world to me. Thank you, everyone, for being awesome!
Posted Image

#40 recruittons

recruittons

• Bones Supporter
  • 1782 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:00 PM

Thanks for the responses, folks! I've got everything I need now.
Posted Image

#41 recruittons

recruittons

• Bones Supporter
  • 1782 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:22 AM

So, I've bought and started painting my mini. I spent a good 3 hours on it so far and I'm in for at least another couple tomorrow. I will say, my mini will probably be done by the end of the week and shipped early next week. Heck, I might even paint another one and send it off, before the end of this thing, to someone else. This is a ton of fun!

This is what happens when you don't have a backlog of minis (yet, March approaches...) and suddenly have a reason to buy and paint one :lol:
Posted Image

#42 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Cybermonkey Wrangler

• Bones Supporter
  • 9395 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:38 AM

As a side note: Would everyone participating please message me with the following:

Willing to Ship Internationally: Yes or No.

I once spent five months tracking down a miniature before I found one way out in the sticks of Mongolia near the Gobi Desert.

I will ship to Mars if I have to. Might be pricey, though.
  • Girot and recruittons like this

Current Bones Count:  Total:  awaiting recount  Painted:  132

#43 Sanael

Sanael

God among Kender and Kobolds

• Bones Supporter
  • 1792 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:38 AM

Dare we inquire as to the nature of your Mongolian prize?

Index of my Show-Off minis.

Current workbench: Wyrmgear (boss monster for Eberron; WiP here). 35 pts of Legion of Everblight (19/35 complete). RP Draconians Box Set.

Why yes, that is a Kaladrax on my shoulder. Why do you ask?

#44 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Cybermonkey Wrangler

• Bones Supporter
  • 9395 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:45 PM

Dare we inquire as to the nature of your Mongolian prize?

No, but be assured that there are top men working on it right now.

Top. Men.
  • recruittons likes this

Current Bones Count:  Total:  awaiting recount  Painted:  132

#45 recruittons

recruittons

• Bones Supporter
  • 1782 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:47 PM

Alright, I'm sculpting the base for mine now using air-dry sculpting clay on a fender washer. I have to wait a bit for it to dry, since my area is starting to hit the autumn chill and things now take a while to dry out, as opposed to the 90-100+ degree weather of the Summer. Although, I will say that the cold weather has made wet blending much easier!
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: exchange, 2012, autumn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users