Vyr

Settlers of Catan Board Kickstarter

25 posts in this topic

http://www.kickstart...an-gaming-board

Thought I'd share the Kickstarter page for this, in case there are other Settlers of Catan fans here.

This is an officially licensed board for use with Settlers of Catan. The board will make it possible to play on uneven surfaces, pick up the game board, and ensure all the hex tiles stay in place.

I think this looks fantastic, and I look forward to watching it's progress and stretch goals.

CatanBoard_large2.png

CatanBoard_large.png

2 people like this

That KS is already 10 k$ past its goal with 35 k$ raised in just 14 hours. Number of backers is already 800+. Their video was informative and well done

I've been successfully resisting Kickstarters since Reaper's ended....

Until now!

This is my favorite board game ever!!! Have been trying to hold off on buying new version, but.... argh!!! Thanks for sharing!

I'm so glad I don't play this game. Especially after Pingo linked to the new medieval village KS...

Yep, love the game, play it often when family comes to town and with some local friends, got the large board as soon as I saw it. I've been very unsuccessful resisting KSers.

Where are the goblins that come out of the caves and raid the farms? Whattaya mean it ain't that kind of game?

This game is stupid! And unrealistic!

I'm going to go complain to Bryan.

1 person likes this

Where are the goblins that come out of the caves and raid the farms? Whattaya mean it ain't that kind of game?

This game is stupid! And unrealistic!

I'm going to go complain to Bryan.

If you backed it you could add goblins,

but then you wouldn't be unique, so you really want that ?

No more 'just blame Buglips', instead we might forget who you were.....

How did you know I drive a Jeep?

there must be goblins in the gears

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lexomatic
      I did a quick paint of some game pieces taking up space. I didn't do a WIP but took a few pics during, if people want to see.
      The cat got one of my fave pieces, the third punk.
      I didn't have orange paint handy, so I used yellow. The other base colors were ashen blue/rosy skin, and Brown liner. I also tried a flesh wash out of curiosity.
      Unlike the last set, I remembered blood, but couldn't find the nice dried blood brown color, so not as  gory as planned.

• By Talae
      Mice & Mystics is a decent board game and a great one for playing with the family. Unfortunately, the box insert could not be more terrible. I didn't take a picture, but it is just one diver straight down the middle of the box. 

It is so terrible that I went searching online for a solution. After coming across a set of plans on BGG, I found that I was not alone in wanting a better solution. It took a couple of hours, but I now have a great game organizer. I modified things a little. Made a couple sections a little bigger, and added a flat piece to go on top of the components and beneath the tiles/rule books. 

Everything fits in the box, nice and snug with room for expansion(s) if I decide to buy some.

The first pic is the box opened, with the tiles and rule books I. The lid on the right. Note the cut corner on the foam board on the left:

This is what is looks like with the piece of foam board removed. Cards are sleeved. Room for lots more minis and a decent chunk more tokens:

Two of the card holders are half the thickness of the third. One of the half height holders removed here, as well as the token tray. Under the token tray are the ability and character cards:

Everything removed from the box. You can see how this will help with gameplay, as well as storage:

• By Unit04
      Well, it took me long enough but I finally finished painting an entire board game's worth of minis.  The final minis I painted were a cluster of Space Bugs!

Thematic paint used - Hazard Yellow for the eyes.

And, since I finally painted all the minis, here they all are (well, at least one of each) for a group photo. 

Time to get this to the table.
    • By Unit04
      I actually painted these up a few months ago but finally got around to photographing them.  I wound up using the camera on my phone because I was having a difficult time trying to get the focus right for my real camera.  

I debated long and hard about doing their eyes, but since these are for a board game, I decided to leave well enough alone.  My skill isn't quite up there yet.  

Thematic paint used:  Punk Rock Pink on the Yeoman's space suit

Only some space spiders left, and some touch up work on some other models and this game will be complete!

• By Chrome
      Armored Coreâ„¢ RTS is a real time strategy board game where all players pilot mechs, fire weapons, activate equipment and direct support troops simultaneously. This new system captures the speed of the video games in a smooth, accurate and action-packed flow that's compressed into a series of 20 minute missions.
      This officially licensed version of Armored Coreâ„¢ has been designed to be fast to setup, fast to teach and fast to play. Featuring unique components like LED pointers built into each miniature's base to provide instantaneous line of sight as well as physical buildings to provide cover and a rooftop level.

Between the 20 minute missions, players spend their hard-earned rewards on upgrading their mechs and equipment. Construct your mech according to your play-style and team role. Over the course of the campaign teams will strive to accomplish objectives for their faction in order to become the ultimate Ravens.

• Who's Online   16 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)