20 replies to this topic

#1 Spaztica

Spaztica

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:52 PM

I wish Reaper would do something with the swag points. I was told that they used to be redeemable or something but I would love to see them be used again. Why arent they used anymore ??

Maybe use them for purchase discounts or something ?!?!

Spaztica

#2 "That Guy"

"That Guy"

Shameless Agitator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:58 PM

Swag points have been discontinued for about 2 years now.
Martin is an exceptionally gifted human being, a man of unlimited talent. His smile brightens the sky, and he could lull a dragon to sleep just by whistling softly. He's stronger than The Hulk, braver than Captain America, smarter than Iron Man, and Chuck Norris fears him. A scholar and a gentleman, he is nothing less than the most exemplary ideal of humanity for whom exists no limit of superlatives. He is Martin, Man of Action! -Buglips

http://www.drstrangebrush.com/
https://www.facebook.../drstrangebrush

#3 estrus

estrus

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 912 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

That doesn't mean we can't harass Reaper about them from time to time. My drawerful DEMANDS IT!
  • Frankthedm likes this

#4 DSModels

DSModels

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:29 PM

What are these if I may ask?

#5 Inarah

Inarah

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 4462 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:04 PM

They were proof of purchase tabs on the back of the packages. You will still see them on old product but not the new ones. The program was discontinued for a variety of reasons, including a lack of satisfaction with the rewards from both the customers and the Reaper staff. There's a long thread on "swag points" somewhere on the forum that explains more.

There was talk of a new program, but honestly I don't think it's foremost in anyone's mind down at Reaper these days. They're just too busy running the business to mess with this kind of thing.

And if they did bring them back it's been repeatedly said that they'll never be used for store merchandise or discounts.

But then at various times I've also been told Reaper would never price a figure above $1, and that they'd never get into the sci-fi minis biz. :)
  • smokingwreckage, haldir and DSModels like this
~It's not broken.... it's a conversion. ~

"I got my brother and his six year old hooked last week. They were soon back at the friendly local for more. Starts with a cute lil unicorn, next thing you're onto griffins and purple worms." ~ Carnacki the Ghost Finder

#6 Adrift

Adrift

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2581 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:50 PM

I've thrown a great many out since the d/c, so I'd be sad if they did reinstate them.

#7 DSModels

DSModels

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:32 PM

Sounds like something that could be a good program. Kind of like Mantic Games do with their Mantic points for buying their games. They have a few items that are point specific, being the only way you can obtain that figure or merchandise. I could see Reaper bringing this back with maybe a special Limited edition figure or two and lets say, T-shirts and hats or even novelty stuff like mugs and stickers for your vehicle. Kind of a win win in my opinion with all the free advertisement that would come from wearing or having the window decals.
  • Spaztica likes this

#8 Darsc Zacal

Darsc Zacal

PAX Prime Veteran

• 6107 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:24 AM

I believe that rewards redemption programs are better suited to new companies that have yet to establish themselves firmly in the market. Once those companies have been around for awhile and have an established loyalty base of customers, these type of programs are generally discontinued. GW and Reaper are two that come to mind. I'm expecting there'll be a point where Mantic puts an end to theirs as well.
"Yeah, we have magic and elves and crazy wizardocracies, but gender equality, *that's* a fantasy."
- Pingo's alter ego.

"I had to drown my dolly in the bathtub to try and still the voice of the mirror mommy telling me to do bad things. And then an octopus stole my clothes!"
Buglips' Gnome.

#9 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Emperor of The Moon

• Forum Mascot
  • 12353 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:59 AM

All I ever wanted was the paint rack.

I got my first Casket Works in 2004, in my very first Reaper order. Issue 16, with a very festive Santa Sophie driving her sleigh full of presents.

I'd ordered . . . I dunno, maybe 10 miniatures. This was just after I started back into the hobby, and Reaper was my second stop. My first was IWM, where I ordered old Ral Parthas. I got those, loose, crammed in a teeny tiny box. Two were miscasts, one was the wrong mini, and on top of that it was sent UPS so I wound up with an extra $25 charge over and above shipping plus retail - the infamous "brokerage fee". Plus it took nearly a month and a half to show up.

I was not impressed. Reaper, on the other hand, got my package out to me in the space between Christmas and New Year's - right in the middle of the biggest holiday week of the year . . . and I'd ordered it on Christmas Eve!

How? Clearly it was either magic, elves, the Santa Succubus, or all three working together.

This was amazing. Then I opened the box. All my minis were there, wrapped snugly in their own little blisters. All properly put out, too. No miscasts. No mix-ups.

Then I dug deeper, and I had a free bottle of paint!

:blink:

And then deeper, yet, a FREE CATALOG!

::o:

To fully express my shock here, it should be noted that in all my years previous the only time I ever got a mini catalog was when the store got the new one and I could take the ratty old previous year's copy - IF I was fast enough to be there before anybody else.

Best. Christmas. Ever. Even better than the time I won $6,000.

Oh wait . . . actually that might have been the same Christmas.

*counts on fingers*

It was!

Now . . . look at that. Does that tell you everything you need to know about Reaper's level of awesome or what? I won 6 grand the same time I order ten minis from Reaper - and I have to do math to remember the 6 grand, but the ten minis are etched in perfect clarity.

Anyway, I'm going somewhere with this. Be patient.

On page 78 of this Most Glorious Casketworks is the Swag. And for 90 points, I could get a paint rack. A whole paint rack! That I had no paint to put in this rack, save the one free bottle of "mystery brown" was irrelevant. With a paint rack that nice, I'd find a way to get the paint to fill it up with.

Only 90 swag points. 90 miniatures. I could do that. I could totally do that.

So I did. And then when I had my bandit's bag of clipped loot, I logged on - ready to turn them in for my paint rack!

And there were no more to be had. Discontinued.

*sniff*

But anyway, I did get 90-something Super Amazing Miniatures out of it - so I figure I still came out on top.

And that's the story of how three plucky chipmunks and their adoptive father figure made a hit record album. Or, no, wait - it's the story of how a gang of totally non-violent gremlins were massacred by a guy named Billy and his cute little rodent Gizmo.

No wait, it's . . . well, I forget. But the point is . . . well, I forget that too.

But anyways, stay in school.
  • Ishil, estrus, klarg1 and 4 others like this