Photo

What will keep the bones Jabberwocky from flopping over?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Frankthedm

Frankthedm

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 3198 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:01 AM

What will keep the Jabberwocky from flopping over? Having handled the bones Bugbear, unless the Jabberwocky's legs are changed greatly, I'd suspect he model will bend noticably at the leg

"Life gives you lemons you make lemonade, Life gives you whales... whale burgers." -Cadaver

#2 smokingwreckage

smokingwreckage

Gawdlike!!

• Bones Supporter
  • 9679 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:13 AM

The slithy toves?
  • buglips*the*goblin and Matbar like this

Naturally, he died because a wizard exploded.

#3 recruittons

recruittons

Arch Magi of Figmentia Exchangus

• Bones Supporter
  • 1782 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:19 AM

You mean these?

http://www.reapermini.com/TheCraft/38
Posted Image

#4 The Inner Geek

The Inner Geek

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1363 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:28 AM

Willpower? The force? Hope?

I was concerned about this too, so I didn't add one to my pledge.

If a chicken an a half can lay an egg an a half in a day an a half,
how long will it take a monkey with one wooden leg to kick all the seeds out of a dill pickle?

#5 recruittons

recruittons

Arch Magi of Figmentia Exchangus

• Bones Supporter
  • 1782 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:35 AM

My Jabberwock is actually going to be put into a diorama, based on the Tim Burton Alice in Wonderland film. My step-daughter is absolutely nuts for it, so I got her the Jabberwock, and she picked one of the bones minis to be Alice killing him. I'm pretty sure she will be partially propping him up, if necessary. It was actually quite fortunate, but there is a perfect Alice-from-the-movie mini in the vampire pledge, in the Fighters set. Third mini from the left. Her sword is a bit heftier than it really should be, but overall, the look is a great fit
Posted Image

#6 cthulhudarren

cthulhudarren

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 671 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:22 AM

A heavy base.

#7 kaosweaver

kaosweaver

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 457 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:29 AM

Which you can get at this KS - http://www.kickstart...wargame-terrain

Posted Image

http://www.flickr.co...22997/lightbox/

#8 Heisler

Heisler

Auctioneer at Large

• Auctioneer
  • 5826 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:49 AM

I'm confused (easily done). Does the existing metal Jabberwocky flop over? I don't have one so I don't know, but if it doesn't have a problem standing upright, then I don't think the Bones version would. As suggested a heavier base would probably keep it standing without a problem.
* It's NOT denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)
* Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war - Shakespeare's Julius Caeser
* Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
* We occasionally stumble over the truth but most of us pick ourselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened. Winston Churchill
* Tardis Express: When it absolutely, positively, has to be there yesterday
* Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more, ... - Shakespeare's Henry V
* My two hobby blog; Wargames and Railroads

#9 Frankthedm

Frankthedm

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 3198 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:58 AM

I'm not talking about the Jabberwock tipping over, I'm asking whats going to keep the weight of the body causing the bones material leg and tail to bend until the fig is no longer in an Rampaging Attack posture, but a Digging in the Ground posture.

"Life gives you lemons you make lemonade, Life gives you whales... whale burgers." -Cadaver

#10 The Inner Geek

The Inner Geek

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1363 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:11 AM

I'm not talking about the Jabberwock tipping over, I'm asking whats going to keep the weight of the body causing the bones material leg and tail to bend until the fig is no longer in an Rampaging Attack posture, but a Digging in the Ground posture.

That's how I read your question.

I'm curious to see how it works too. At the price I wouldn't have minded ordering one, but I'm not confident it will stand up. I guess the one saving grace may be that the rest of the body is made of bones material and therefore so light that the legs and tail won't have much pressure to hold up?

If a chicken an a half can lay an egg an a half in a day an a half,
how long will it take a monkey with one wooden leg to kick all the seeds out of a dill pickle?

#11 Heisler

Heisler

Auctioneer at Large

• Auctioneer
  • 5826 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:40 AM

Okay, just wanted to be sure what we were talking about. I'm not sure we can really answer that question yet. Overall the Jabberwocky is pretty thin, I'm not sure that it will bend under its own weight, but obviously I don't know. My first thought would be to cut joints and add pins or go the garage kit route and not even bother to make the cut just drill in directly from the outside and insert the pin. That should provide a sufficiently rigid internal skeleton.
* It's NOT denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)
* We occasionally stumble over the truth but most of us pick ourselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened. Winston Churchill
* Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more, ... - Shakespeare's Henry V

#12 Exwilly

Exwilly

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 614 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:47 AM

i dont think there is going to be a problem. the bones minis are light as it is and as heisler said if your worried about it just add pins to it.
"Remember practice doesn't make perfect but it sure does help only perfect practice makes perfect but you cant be perfect without making mistakes and learning from them." dont know if this is an actual quote by someone lol.

Naturally, he died because a wizard exploded.

like i tell my employees at work who complain about working. your here to work right. yes they reply. your getting paid right. yes they reply. good now go clean the restrooms

#13 Slendertroll

Slendertroll

Eternal Scout

• Bones Supporter
  • 2086 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:57 AM

And it's not like they wouldn't have tested the material first. I have confidence that Reaper has done their research, and won't put out a faulty product.
"The universe is probably littered with the one-planet graves of cultures which made the sensible economic decision that there's no good reason to go into space--each discovered, studied, and remembered by the ones who made the irrational decision."
-Randall Munroe, xkcd

Grinnell College '16

#14 Heisler

Heisler

Auctioneer at Large

• Auctioneer
  • 5826 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:09 PM

But Frank did indicate that there was a problem with the Bugbear.

#15 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 8642 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:23 PM

But Frank did indicate that there was a problem with the Bugbear.

I was unaware of problems with the Bugbear. Anybody care to elaborate?

bryan@reapermini.com This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users