3 replies to this topic

#1 Spaztica

Spaztica

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:28 PM

Here is another one from my recent painting ventures.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1103.JPG
  • IMG_1100.JPG
  • IMG_1102.JPG

• CashWiley likes this

#2 Spaztica

Spaztica

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:57 PM

I need to get a better camera. I cant seem to get the color quality to work for me on most of my pics. I also made a homemade light box but I dont have the proper lighting to make it work really well..at least that is my opinion...any suggestions ??

#3 Tranquil Ape

Tranquil Ape

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 238 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:55 PM

I'm going through the same sort of thing, but i think i got my issues worked out. the things i worked on with mine that seemed to help a good deal were the White Balance, are you able to set that manually? (I had to go through my camera's manual) seemed to help a lot. What sort of light are you using? is it daylight, florescent bulbs? Daylight is great as long as you can diffuse it.. otherwise you'll get some harsh shadows from what i've seen. One thing that helped too was to just play with the settings on the camera and take a lot of pics and see what looks nice..
-------------------------------------
Formerly known as "D"rayla

My CMON gallery

#4 CashWiley

CashWiley

Great Old One (With Bow)

• Members
  • 6396 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:58 PM

I dont have the proper lighting to make it work really well..at least that is my opinion...any suggestions ??

I bought two reflector worklamps at a home center (the bare metal kind that come on clamps) and loaded them with reveal incandescent bulbs. I think I spent maybe $16 on the whole deal...probably not even that much.

Camera white balance also critical. Bust out the manual!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users