• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Argentee

Argentee

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1372 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:17 AM

... Who finds themselves going to the boneyard and buying random bits to hit free shipping?

... Who finds themselves saying things like: I've spent all day filing this guy's crotch and getting no where? (Hubby's response: Remind me never to tick you off.)
  • Girot, CashWiley, DSModels and 1 other like this

"They'll sell you thousands of greens. Veronese green and emerald green and cadmium green and any sort of green you like; but that particular green, never."  - Pablo Picasso

ss_fx_by_girot-d5xrcq0.gif

#2 Loim

Loim

Sir Stupidly Special

• Bones Supporter
  • 2922 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:28 AM

The $25 dollar free shipping rule is the bane of my financial existence. Every order has to be at least $25, so I come to the site for a bottle of paint and end up with paint, minis, possibly a brush, cool random bits from the boneyard...
  • captenglish, Adrift and CashWiley like this

En Taro Tassadar, Executor. - Artanis

In the house of upside down

Cellar's top floor, attic's ground

Laughing cries, and smiles frown

Found is lost, and lost is found

SHAZAM! 

#3 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 15009 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:47 AM

I can honestly say I have never had an issue reaching the free ship point.

Not
Even
Close.

Reaper could increase the free shipping point an order of magnitude and I think I would still be safe.

Granted I also usually only do an order 3-4 times per year and build a wishlist. Unless there is a special order item.
  • Adrift likes this

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

#4 dispatchdave

dispatchdave

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1345 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:51 AM

Yeah, everytime I have to go looking for something else. I'll spend $15 more to save the $5 shipping.... But don't tell my wife!
  • psyberwolfe1, captenglish, CashWiley and 2 others like this

Be a gentleman. It is charming and infuriating, respectively, to exactly the people you want it to be.

My brain is not sick, my brain just is. And sometimes I need a little help to function in a society not designed for my cognition.

-http://wolvensnother...-the-brain?og=1

Hirst Arts Molds: 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 50, 54, 56, 57, 58, 59, 61, 80, 85, 201, 202, 230, 235, 240, 245, 250

#5 joshuaslater

joshuaslater

CareBear

• Bones Supporter
  • 6546 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:07 PM

I've placed bits orders from more than one company many times higher than $25 bucks. Pathetic really, but my collection of bits goes back to when Rackham sold parts. GW stopped their bits ordering long ago, but luckily I got a bunch to last my lifetime.

It's one of the myriad reasons I support Reaper-their continued Boneyard.
  • Exwilly likes this
A miniature venture of mine: http://www.cauldronbornminiatures.com

#6 Jordan Peacock

Jordan Peacock

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 706 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:59 PM

I think one of the surprising deals I found in the Boneyard had to be Elise Anya, Vampire Hunter (http://www.reapermin...ya/latest/03229) - P03229A "Body" -- $2 for the figure, while the headstone itself is priced at $7.89 (while the blister pack MSRPs at $7.99). I guess a lot of people must buy that pack just for the headstone, but "Elise Anya" alone is fun to paint up.

I picked up one to paint up as a pre-gen character for a zombie-apocalypse scenario. I've thought of picking up some $2 extra Anyas and doing some conversions -- e.g., add a dress and a bonnet and poofy sleeves with putty, and use her for a cheerful steampunk heroine (with a sword) for Deadlands.

(Edit: It seems that shortly after I made this post, I went back and saw that Elise Anya's price has been changed. I'm guessing that this sweet deal was some sort of mistake. Aww! I should have bought my army of Anyas while I had the chance at $2 each.)

I also like P02990 "Candelabra" (from the Vampire Crypt set) -- $1.14 -- and I'm curious how those new Bones scenery pieces will be bundled. (If I could get a 4-pack of candelabras at some sort of discount, I'd be all over that for dungeon decor.)

Re: Filing down bits of figures: Yeah, I've done that a lot. I usually have to resort to using a hobby knife to carve down "naughty bits" on certain figures, and THEN use a file to try to remove any remaining traces in my attempt at "miniatures bowdlerizing."

#7 Inarah

Inarah

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 4310 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:06 PM

Funny thing, I'm in the middle of chopping up that gravestone so it will fit on a base with the vampire chick from the crypt pack.

Come to Reapercon and you can shop the parts bins for as many candelabra as you like. I've bought handfuls over the years, based on washers so they won't tip over in my dungeon.
  • Adrift likes this
~It's not broken.... it's a conversion. ~

"I got my brother and his six year old hooked last week. They were soon back at the friendly local for more. Starts with a cute lil unicorn, next thing you're onto griffins and purple worms." ~ Carnacki the Ghost Finder

#8 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Emperor of The Moon

• Forum Mascot
  • 12211 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

I had to call my friend's wife one time and ask about color coordinating different dresses and shoes. She didn't ask why. She did, however, stop trying to fix me up with her friend.
  • Adrift, CashWiley, kay13 and 6 others like this