Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Exwilly

Nagash

8 posts in this topic

post-8042-0-16763400-1349724527_thumb.jpg

will get some pictures up of him by himself later. this is a little size comparison for you guys, with a bones orc archer, my ogre chief Half Lived and Nagash

7 people like this

I got rid of the Nagash figure years ago. I was clearly blinded by the mists of time as I remember him seeming much bigger when I was a kid.

I never had this mini in my hands. But I hope I will get him sooner or later.

Few weeks ago I saw it could be still ordered at GW.

Good to see not everybody hates on old nagash

I was holding my tongue. The sculpt of that oversized skeleton mage looks way too toony for the vaunted master necromancer.

Edited by Frankthedm

That's supposed to be a necromancer? Little... flashy, isn't it?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pochi
      A few people asked me how I painted the rust for my Ogre Commander so here is a tutorial.
      For this tutorial I dug through my Bones 3 to find something that had a large expanse of metal to properly show the technique I use. My genius husband grabbed the iron maiden. Perfect! You can use this on any metal that you want to rust but I wanted something big so everyone can plainly see.

So the first thing I do is paint the metal just how I would if I weren't messing it up. I used gunmetal as my basecoat. I usually end up with three thin layers to make sure I have opaque coverage. I mixed dark brown (the same one I will use for rust) into my gunmetal and shaded. I used my painting lamp to determine shadows and highlights for this one but you can decide where your light source will be. I then mixed in more of the brown and did my darkest shade. (You can shade yours however you like, I just chose brown this time, I could have easily have chosen dark grey or purple!) I then used silver to go in and hit the "hot spots" where it would be the shiniest.

I do not use my brightest highlight, which I use Vallejo Metal Medium usually, when I am going to muck up my metal. I let silver be the highest highlight.

I use P3 Umbral Umber, Army Painter Chaotic Red, and Army Painter Lava Orange for my rust colors. This just happens to be what I have on hand but any dark brown, deep maroon, and bright orange will give you similar results.

I do not use a nice sable brush for this technique. I am going to be dabbing and splotching and would ruin a good brush. I use a brush that is already past its prime that I keep around to do dirty work like applying washes or mixing colors.

My husband couldn't figure out the focus so all of the next photos were blurry. I dip my brush in the umbral umber and drag it out leaving some paint behind on the palette. I do not want thin paint for this nor do I want my brush heavily loaded. I don't want the paint to run and I want to have control over how much goes on the mini. I splotch the brown on where I want the rust to be. I google images of rusted armor, rusted wrought iron, or whatever I am working on to see how the rust might form on different things. I can use these as guides or just put the rust wherever I think it looks good. I do try and keep some "rules" like I think rust forms along the edges where moisture would settle and around bolts and rivets and hinges.

Continues in reply....
    • By Sushiroll
      Hey all, I looked for a thread about this but didn't see one. Anyway, what do people prefer to paint, metal or plastic minis? I just started painting and have only done plastic. I've seen pictures of some metal ones and they seem to have crisper details. I see they offer both options for a lot of minis on the reaper store, wanted to see what people think? Thanks!
    • By vulture
      The undead are always fun and easy to paint. Id like to accumulate more varieties in the future. This mummy practically painted himself.

• By Glitterwolf
      Two more of the horde,

These were made by the now deceased Harlequin company.

Again the snake and purple / red colours.

Swamp based, water effects are Vallejo Still Water.

Enjoy.

• By Glitterwolf
      And more Zombies ( they come in large numbers, can't help it ).

• Who's Online   46 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)