Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
As I said on my Saproling's topic, I had today off, so... I decided that in addition to the saprolings, I'd knock out some tabletop quality ghouls. They were already assembled and primed, so the first thing was to paint the undead flesh. I used Vampire Shadow for their sickly skin. It didn't quite match the ghoul I'd painted before, but it was close enough. I sadly didn't always take good notes...
After that I decided that as these were primarily going to be gaming ghouls, and not for a unified force for Kings of War, they'd each get their own clothing color: Red, Green, Blue, Tan, and Dark Brown. I used Rusty Red, Muddy Olive, Rich Indigo, Desert Stone, and Ruddy Flesh. The eyes were all painted with Walnut Brown, as were the spikes sticking out of them.
Then I washed them all with a mix of 4 parts sepia wash and 1 part black wash.
A little bit of highlighting with the base clothing color, then it was time to paint the bases black, and then flock them! Oh, and a bit of watered down rusty red around the mouth.
Oh, and aged pewter on the spikes and the cleaver.
Looking good for such quick work.
I Don't have much to go on with this dragon. its another one that has been sitting half finished on my shelf forever. the bottom has some script on the bottom that looks like FWS and an 8. other than that I don't have any clue where it comes from.
but I finally dusted the mini off, freshened up the red (It was becoming a pink dragon) and decided to display it here. hope everyone enjoys!
What else to finish off the month of January but another dragon from my shelf of shame? This is Ollie. Ollie is from Impact miniatures and is supposed to be a mascot for one of the bloodbowl teams. Tom Acquired the license to produce him and I got a copy. I used him to test a number of different red effects and styles while working on another, bigger dragon. The skills may not have panned out like I wanted but Ollie still came out pretty well and deserved to be finished and shown off. Pictures are still with a phone camera but at least I got to my light box! So without further ado:
By Painting Miniatures
I plan on posting something a little more friendly looking very shortly. coughwyrmgeardragoncough but in the mean time I painted this for fun and practice!
Also would take some advice on dealing with small details like a face. On this miniature it was nearly impossible to just paint specific details of the face without smooshing the entire face with paint. I'd wanted to give the figure blood red eyes. That didn't work out and I ended up painting over the face in white to start over again.
I do overall like how this miniature turned out. The bones aren't crispy perfect white, the clothes look like a creature that's been walking through mud and dirt for a long time. Didn't know how to paint the base so I went with some of my extra black wash which worked out as it sort of made it look like it was standing on bone.
Tried a new technique on the scythe. I did the base coat as filigree silver, then I did a paint of dragons blood red, then when that dried i went over it again with the black wash to give it this dried blood effect. A technique that is probably standard but one I personally just learned by experimenting!
Six skellies, painted quickly during several lunch breaks, with little intent other than to be available for the table.
Given the state of their weapons, it is ironic that I used them to "knock the rust off" a few of my skills.
Color coded for ease of D&D mook-murder. I had a little fun with some traditional heraldic divisions on the shields.
Paints are all Reaper MSP. Blackened Brown played a large role, as did a lovely fleshy-toned sample paint.
... Pictures are quite bad, actually. I may reshoot at home.
Who's Online 18 Members, 0 Anonymous, 260 Guests (See full list)