Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Inarah

14510 Daughter of Sekhmet

3 posts in this topic

Army paint job, one of the soldiers in my Nefsokar faction army. Now I need to do about 7 more of them. :mellow:

post-3776-0-23925300-1349741496.jpg

3 people like this

No, you should be short a few... Since I have to fight them.... ;)

7 more? I hope you're better than me in batch painting, it would take ages for me to finish 7 similar/same minis ::):

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pingo
      This is a fresh start for a thread I feel I knocked off kilter.  I feel it may be justified in that I've finally started actually painting the creature.

This is Reaper's 14532: Aislinn, Shadow Tracker, a large werewolf (the base is a 40mm square) from the Koborlas faction in their Warlord game.  I had a request from a player for a werewolf who can shift genders and appear gender ambiguous, and this seemed a good place to start.  The sculpt is meant to be female, but it is lean and muscly and not over-bosomy.  I filed it down somewhat and off we go.

... I don't seem to have done my usual practice of documenting the priming (a light coat of thinned Titanium White and a wash of Burnt Umber on the creature only, leaving the base white for snow), so here is the first layer.  I decided to paint this one as a white wolf.  I've observed that "white" wolves are actually a creamy light brown, so that's how I've painted this one.  The color is mixed from Yellow (Iron) Oxide, Burnt Umber, a bit of Ultramarine Blue to tone down the brightness, and Titanium White.  It came out a sort of dull buff, a good blonde color.

The color is laid on thin and translucent.  Where the Burnt Umber underneath shows the color shifts to a sort of bluish shadow.

I indicated the nose, eyes, lips, and claws with Carbon Black.  I don't use pure black much, but I needed a little facial indication to work from.

Had a little blue on my palette, so I swished in some snow shadows.  These are two mixes: Phthalo Blue with a tiny bit of Hansa Yellow Opaque and a great deal of Titanium White; and Ultramarine Blue and Titanium White.

• By Pingo
      While I have been painting realistic wolves, I have also been working on some of the gorgeous giant wolfmen sculpted by Julie Guthrie for the Koborlas faction in Reaper's "Warlord" game.

This is #14528, the subtly-named "Rageclaw Slayer", or the testosterone-poisoned werewolf a friend of mine requested.  He's a big puppy; I include a copy of Reaper's 60164, Vampire Hunter, for scale:

This is my standard priming of a thin layer of Titanium White followed by a thin wash of diluted Burnt Umber, using my favorite Golden Matte Fluid Acrylics.  I left the base white in order to paint it as snow.

Those who have been following my regular wolf painting thread will recognize the steps here.  First I mixed a cool neutral grey from Burnt Sienna and Ultramarine Blue and Titanium White and painted it on his limbs, face, and belly:

Then I mixed a darker version of the same grey and painted his back and tail:

Then I mixed a cream-buff color from Burnt Sienna, Yellow Oxide, a tiny bit of Ultramarine Blue to take the orange edge off, and Titanium White, and went over his face, limbs, and belly again:

And finally I took some pure Carbon Black (a color I rarely use except for special effects) and laid in his eyes, nose, lips, and claws (Although I just noticed I missed his toe claws.  Oh, well, next time.).  I also washed a little diluted black over his darker fur, most noticeable on the parts of the tail I had missed earlier:

He still looks rough and terrible, especially up close, but I have to admit I am rather pleased with the overall color impression.
    • By Gadgetman!
      This one puzzled me for quite a while, then annoyed me for even longer. 
      Gray fur almost worked, then not at all. 
      I tried steel colours, then bronze, and even to make the sword look like some sort of black glassy rock... It just screamed NO at me. 
      So I gave it another bath in the Pit of Regret, washed it off and gave it a coat of gray primer, then sat down and studied it....

Yeah, it had to be done like this.

I still have a bit of a problem with getting good pictures, but... 
      The colours is MSP Shadowed Stone as base and MSP Weathered stone drybrushed on top.
      The Gold is Dwarven Gold,and the blue on the headdress is Oceanic Blue, with more Weathered Stone drybrushed over to 'age' it a bit.
      The eyes and the jewels in the swordhilt is Tamiya Clear Red. 
      It was given a coat of matte varnish, but it's still a bit too shiny, I think. 

I think it should fit well at the entrance of a tomb or something.
    • By TGP
      I need help sorting out some minis to use use in the Warlord tournament at ReaperCon. I just know that in my mountain of unpainted lead there is at least one Warlord army. I know I will need to use some proxy models and that those need to be other Reaper Minis.

The problem is in some cases I am no longer certain whether some of these guys are a Reaper model or OMM. I could use some help with identification of the minis in the pics that follow:

The army I have the most (authentic Warlord) figs for is Reven. Some of the winged guys above are candidates to proxy as harpies.

Is that a Reaper minotaur? I am pretty sure the ogre is one of Reaper's.

I am hoping the first three are Reaper and not GW beastmen. The rest of these are candidates to proxy as either bugbears or beastmen.

Suggestions for which of the above could be proxied for what and/or model numbers would be very helpful. Also, definitive info that mini-X came from non-Reaper source-Y would be just as good.
    • By Captain Fancypants
      I am new to Warlord (but certainly not to RPGs or Tabletop Wargames).
      Like many I have walked away from Games Workshop since they destroyed Warhammer Fantasy and try as I might I just can't bring myself not to despise Age of Sigmar which is a pathetic attempt to emulate the success of World of Warcraft.
      Off-shoot adaptation games such as Kings of War, The IXth Age or Frostgrave just don't seem to cut it for me and I'm not interested in Warmachine or Hordes.

And so in my meanderings I have stumbled upon Warlord which I find most intriguing, with just the right sort of balance between D&D RPG and tabletop wargame.
      In doing my homework I have read both good and poor reviews of the game.
      Some have exhorted Warlord with many sterling qualities, qualities which have tickled my fancy. However, some of these reports seem to be quite old.
      Other, more recent, reports have explained that the popularity of Warlord is incredibly limited and that many people struggle to find a game and go elsewhere.
      Joining these forums I notice the age of many of the recent posts and they have me a little worried.

So I wanted to get it from the horse's mouth.
      How popular is Warlord these days?
      Living in a capital city is it easy enough to find a game?

Thank you for your honest advice.
  • Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)