Pingo

Just curious - Are there lots of new members now?

68 posts in this topic

Like several other people on these boards, I am a recent addition. I came here through a happy coincidence of timing which subsequently led me to Reaper's Kickstarter, but I gather for a lot of people it was the other way around. The Kickstarter, anyway, seems to have had an effect on the Reaper forums.

I'm sort of curious to know how large an effect the Kickstarter has had. Are the boards noticeably more active now than they were, say, last spring? Are there many new faces? How have things changed? Who are the old-timers, and do they mind us parvenus?

Sorry if I'm being pesty. This wasn't covered in the FAQs.

2 people like this

I'm a KS immigrant and I talk a lot.

But hopefully my painting contribution balances that a lilbit.

1 person likes this

I'm a KS immigrant and I talk a lot.

But hopefully my painting contribution balances that a lilbit.

What he said. I'm also a short timer, I'll be posting in fits and spurts; my work takes me out of the country on a regular basis, without steady internet access.

Closing in on 10 years for me ^_^

1 person likes this

I rejoined back in January well before the KS. I'm definitely more active now b/c I really want to help keep these a positive place for new and experienced painters alike.

3 people like this

I'm a short-timer as well. Only joined because of the Kickstarter and I wanted to start gathering information on miniature painting, so I figured the forums of the company producing the product I just invested a large amount of duckets into would be a great place to start. So far, I'm loving it here!

1 person likes this

I actually ran the numbers on new members since the time of the start of the KS (I think the post is in the KS discussion thread, but maybe not). There was definitely a jump in membership, and I've noticed a spike in activity in some forum sections (Reaper General and the new KS section), but overall, I think only a handful of those new members have posted much, and fewer still have contributed regularly outside the aforementioned forum areas.

Regardless, I'm sure we're all happy to have all of you new members on board. ::):

~v

Edit: only 6 1/2 years on the forums for me.

Edited by Shakandara

Well I have been reading these forums for quite sometime now but have just recently started posting and contributing to the better good ::D: . I can't say it's the KS that brought me in, more the family aspect of the forum. Hopefully I have done some good so far if even a little. I plan on being around for quite some time and if the greater powers are kind to me " I will be at the next Reaper Con".

1 person likes this

I'm a newb - only joined in August because of the KS and my renewed interest in miniature painting. I post in fits and spurts as the mood strikes me but try to be a least semi-regular.

1 person likes this

I'm newb, the Bones line got me off my butt to get back into painting. Then along came the KS.

I need to get to painting, photographing, and posting!!!

It was the KS that made me join, specifically so I could make the KS Links thread. I stick around because of the exceptionally friendly and funny people. (And Goblins!)

1 person likes this

@Niranth: You know, going to a new place with some purpose for being there is definitely a great beginning to a forum relationship. Personally, at this point, I could see myself running figure exchanges fairly regularly. I've had a blast getting things together. Although, next time, I might just entirely exclude myself, I think I gave myself a complex trying to feel like I wasn't cheating or something when picking my own painter :lol: I had to settle on numbering everyone and using random.org

That may be the first time anyone has ever admitted to wanting to hang around b/c of goblins.

It's all part of Buglips' plan to transmogrify us into tangerine goblins.

3 people like this

i was a frequent to the site and forums didn't sign up til august. didn't post till august. so yeh kinda noob.