Photo

Just curious - Are there lots of new members now?

FAQs forums newbies

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#31 Atramagus

Atramagus

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 446 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:37 AM

Hi, new members! I love you all!

Platonically, please... :P

Yep, I'm a kickstarter convert as well, although I was at least familiar with the brand from a while back. Still, the kickstarter has definitely engendered a feeling of brand loyalty for me, especially since it got my girlfriend into painting with me! Now, if I can only get her into playing...

Hmm...

#32 Argentee

Argentee

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1372 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:22 AM

Definite newbie here, brought in by the KS. Staying around because this is the most helpful, positive forum I've seen in a very long time.

"They'll sell you thousands of greens. Veronese green and emerald green and cadmium green and any sort of green you like; but that particular green, never."  - Pablo Picasso

ss_fx_by_girot-d5xrcq0.gif

#33 joshuaslater

joshuaslater

CareBear

• Bones Supporter
  • 6555 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:48 AM

Definite newbie here, brought in by the KS. Staying around because this is the most helpful, positive forum I've seen in a very long time.

That's what I tell people. If you want to share in the hobby of miniatures, this is a great place.
A miniature venture of mine: http://www.cauldronbornminiatures.com

#34 klarg1

klarg1

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2285 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:50 AM

Like a bunch of people who posted above this, I lurked and read the 'Craft' section for a long time.

I actually registered back in February so I could ask newbie questions about Reaper Con before attending this year (and it was *awesome*), but it was the Kickstarter discussion that lured me into posting semi-regularly.

Forsan et haec olim pinxisse iuvabit

I maintain a Miniatures Blog, full of detailed WIPs and random miniatures-ramblings

My current Reaper WIP: 14469 Fairy

#35 Matbar

Matbar

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 333 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:02 AM

I actually signed up probably around a year ago. Loim pointed me here because we were playing the same online game and got into a discussion about mini painting and how much I missed it. He asked if I'd heard of Reaper (and oldtimers please don't fry me) I said no. I hadn't fooled with anything mini related in years and the last thing I did was army quality plastic orcs for Bloodbowl. I sort of looked around a bit but wasn't very active. I did get two nice metal Reaper minis last Christmas that I'd put on my list so I could try a few. I bought some new brushes and some other painting supplies, but hadn't really gotten off my butt and serious about it just yet. I started one fig but got really frustrated with not having a place to be able to work.

Then he told me about the Kickstarter. That reeled me right in, and now I try to check the boards a bit every day. So Kickstarter had a HUGE impact on me being active on this board, and on really getting into the idea of seriously painting. You guys have such a wealth of information, and almost without exception this board is supportive and nice. Any criticism or suggestions I've seen have been constructive and helpful. I like the fact people from all areas of Reaper are active here. The artists, management, and other employees post and answer questions. And there are painters from raw beginners to true experts who are making their living at it.

Yeah, I'm hooked and you're stuck with me now. Blame Loim.

#36 The Inner Geek

The Inner Geek

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1379 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:30 AM

Well, in another five years I'll have been here for almost 62 months.

Came for the news, stayed for the witty comments and well written people.

If a chicken an a half can lay an egg an a half in a day an a half,
how long will it take a monkey with one wooden leg to kick all the seeds out of a dill pickle?

#37 dispatchdave

dispatchdave

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1345 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:12 AM

I think the KS got me to sign up, having lurked off and on for years. Good job redirecting my "long-term ADD", Reaper!

-Dave

Be a gentleman. It is charming and infuriating, respectively, to exactly the people you want it to be.

My brain is not sick, my brain just is. And sometimes I need a little help to function in a society not designed for my cognition.

-http://wolvensnother...-the-brain?og=1

Hirst Arts Molds: 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 50, 54, 56, 57, 58, 59, 61, 80, 85, 201, 202, 230, 235, 240, 245, 250

#38 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Emperor of The Moon

• Forum Mascot
  • 12249 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:55 AM

Hi, new members! I love you all!

Platonically, please... :P

Posted Image
  • Reaperbryan, vejlin and Pingo like this