Photo

Just curious - Are there lots of new members now?

FAQs forums newbies

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 MonkeySloth

MonkeySloth

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 5701 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:37 PM

I joined to enter a reaper painting contest almost two years ago that I had read about on TTGN, Anne's Ice Giant Priestess easily won that contest with me getting like 2-3 votes (which I still consider a resounding success on my part). Had only been painting for about 6 months at that time.

Guess that's why I was more then willing to start running the painting contests on this forum since it was one that had brought me here in the first place.
  • Adrift and Last Knight like this

@monkeysloth

New: Current Contest and Active Ribbon list | My Tutorial List and WIP Thread

I never thought I'd write this...but I agree with MonkeySloth on this one. ~ Adrift

#62 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 15017 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:12 PM

And Australia. Ross came up from Down Under once.

And it's getting to be where we're going to have to start beating the Canadians off with a stick. :;):

~v

If we use a curved stick we can beat em away and only get 2-4 min in the box.
  • smokingwreckage likes this

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

#63 smokingwreckage

smokingwreckage

Gawdlike!!

• Bones Supporter
  • 11222 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:28 AM

Don't use the curved stick on Australians, 'cause it'll come back around and smack you in the head.
  • Adrift likes this

It's the perfect time to put on  your yellow boots and go meandering around the woods looking for...well stuff. In my experience looking for stuff is the best way to find it. -Loim

#64 Adrift

Adrift

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2373 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:54 AM

I joined to enter a reaper painting contest almost two years ago that I had read about on TTGN, Anne's Ice Giant Priestess easily won that contest with me getting like 2-3 votes (which I still consider a resounding success on my part). Had only been painting for about 6 months at that time.

Guess that's why I was more then willing to start running the painting contests on this forum since it was one that had brought me here in the first place.

And it's great having you manage the competitions too. There are always members willing to take over and manage things if you ever start to feel burned out.

#65 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 15017 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:17 AM

Don't use the curved stick on Australians, 'cause it'll come back around and smack you in the head.

Only *if* I missed.
Can't hit spit with a firearm but give me a bow or a thrown projectile and I'm all set.

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

#66 psyberwolfe1

psyberwolfe1

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2241 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:48 AM

Only *if* I missed.
Can't hit spit with a firearm but give me a bow or a thrown projectile and I'm all set.

I'm the reverse. Give me an archaic projectile weapon and I can't hit the broad side of the barn. Give me a gun and I become Wyatt Earp.

2014 Painting Goal: 6 Figures/ 36 Painted as of 01/22/2014

For other Wargame and miniature related stuff you can read my blog at http://tacticalrock.blogspot.com

Does anybody else find it odd, by the way, that the information age has led to language becoming an oblique and imprecise tool where even the most straightforward phrasing is pored over with chicken entrails and bone tossing to divine the true meaning?

... nobody remembers Slave Leia because, "Oh my gosh! What innovative use of bronze."

Meep.jpg

#67 Shakandara

Shakandara

God of All Things Cheesecake

• Black Lightning
  • 5993 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:41 PM

Don't use the curved stick on Australians

I've been known to make those kind of curved sticks; no worries, mate!

~v

Shakandara.com

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Look! Auctions!! Buy my stuff!!!

#68 Dilvish the Deliverer

Dilvish the Deliverer

God of Underwater Painting

• Bones Supporter
  • 3213 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:06 PM

Had to look it up.
Been here since April '03. I lurked for a few month before joining. I'm and infrequent poster as work takes me away from my home/paints/the interwebs for months at a time. I have managed to get together with several other board members a couple of times for New England Paint Days. I'm rolling back to shore duty so I expect I'll be painting and posting more. And with the travel that I will be doing, may be able to look up ohter members in Virginia and other locations.
  • Last Knight likes this

Dilvish is Chance, shepherd and archer, in...
Boldly Into Darkness Go: Down the Murder Hole

Wiki

I agree with Dilvish.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FAQs, forums, newbies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users