CashWiley

Look upon this dude's works

18 posts in this topic

Hummm. That just seems to impossible. Sure it's not CGIed?

I retract this statement if you saw it.

My new statement is "That's nuts"

Hummm. That just seems to impossible. Sure it's not CGIed?

No it's real. That guy is awesome, and a little lot crazy.

ETA* A quote from his website: Willard enters a meditative state in which his heartbeat is slowed, allowing him to reduce hand tremors and sculpt between pulse beats....

Still not convenced. If that's truly inside a needles eye. What could be small enought to actually be used as a tool, not to mention is their a medium with that atomicaly smooth of a consistancy to even be used. Think of how small the particles that would comprize it would have to be. Maybe it's just me.

1 person likes this

And now you've made everybody who can't paint eyes straight feel miserable! What about my excuses? Did you think of them? Noooooo, of course not. My precious, precious excuses. Now every time I think "good enough" a voice will pop into my mind and say: "but that dude you saw on the forum made tiny dancers in the eye of a needle". And I'll have to do real work, and curse the name CashWiley, and probably have to drink less coffee, and that'll only make me tired and cranky, and then I'll probably nod off while painting and poke myself in the eye and then I'll be like a pirate except not the cool kind of pirate even though I kind of look a bit like a goblin Johnny Depp and then I'll lose my depth perception and close-up vision and I'll never win a Golden Demon and I'll be six different kinds of sad AND IT WILL ALL BE YOUR FAULT!

*squints suspiciously at CashWiley*

9 people like this

I like the one that's a little tiny Hulk in a needle with a broken eye.

*squints suspiciously at CashWiley*

You're not helping girly Takhisis' chances, gobbo.

I've actually been to an exhibition of his work at the Parish Gallery in DC. It is amazing... mind blowing stuff. He carves out of kevlar and nylon, dries and grinds up oil paints to get his pigments. Oh, and there is a harley he carved out of a tiny fleck of gold as part of the display.

I've actually been to an exhibition of his work at the Parish Gallery in DC. It is amazing... mind blowing stuff. He carves out of kevlar and nylon, dries and grinds up oil paints to get his pigments. Oh, and there is a harley he carved out of a tiny fleck of gold as part of the display.

The artistic centres of my mind having recovered to the point where they're capable of comments more cogent than "meekle. . . ." I have to ask, does anyone know what he uses as a medium?

One of his mediums is a tiny scalpel he carved from a tiny shred of tungsten. He claims he can allow tiny vibrations in his heartbeat to 'jackhammer' etch grains of sand. His brush is a hair off a house fly.

One of his mediums is a tiny scalpel he carved from a tiny shred of tungsten. He claims he can allow tiny vibrations in his heartbeat to 'jackhammer' etch grains of sand. His brush is a hair off a house fly.

First let me say that this guy is simply amazing. Second, the more description of his technique I read, the more it sounds like the punchline to one of those Chuck Norris jokes. In a good way.