Posted Image

#2 DSModels

DSModels

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:26 PM

Hummm. That just seems to impossible. Sure it's not CGIed?

#3 ThornDJL7

ThornDJL7

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 301 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:47 PM

I retract this statement if you saw it.

My new statement is "That's nuts"
Pathfinder Society Venture-Captain (West-Michigan)

My CMON Gallery

#4 dispatchdave

dispatchdave

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1345 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:48 PM

Hummm. That just seems to impossible. Sure it's not CGIed?

No it's real. That guy is awesome, and a little lot crazy.

ETA* A quote from his website: Willard enters a meditative state in which his heartbeat is slowed, allowing him to reduce hand tremors and sculpt between pulse beats....

Be a gentleman. It is charming and infuriating, respectively, to exactly the people you want it to be.

My brain is not sick, my brain just is. And sometimes I need a little help to function in a society not designed for my cognition.

-http://wolvensnother...-the-brain?og=1

Hirst Arts Molds: 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 50, 54, 56, 57, 58, 59, 61, 80, 85, 201, 202, 230, 235, 240, 245, 250

#5 DSModels

DSModels

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:15 PM

Still not convenced. If that's truly inside a needles eye. What could be small enought to actually be used as a tool, not to mention is their a medium with that atomicaly smooth of a consistancy to even be used. Think of how small the particles that would comprize it would have to be. Maybe it's just me.
  • Goblyn likes this

#6 Nocturne

Nocturne

King of the North

• Members
  • 3179 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:30 PM

Seen his stuff before, it's insane

He's Snopes certified:
http://www.snopes.co...microscopic.asp
  • Erifnogard likes this

@nocturnerose

Currently procrastinating

#7 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Emperor of The Moon

• Forum Mascot
  • 11376 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:59 PM

And now you've made everybody who can't paint eyes straight feel miserable! What about my excuses? Did you think of them? Noooooo, of course not. My precious, precious excuses. Now every time I think "good enough" a voice will pop into my mind and say: "but that dude you saw on the forum made tiny dancers in the eye of a needle". And I'll have to do real work, and curse the name CashWiley, and probably have to drink less coffee, and that'll only make me tired and cranky, and then I'll probably nod off while painting and poke myself in the eye and then I'll be like a pirate except not the cool kind of pirate even though I kind of look a bit like a goblin Johnny Depp and then I'll lose my depth perception and close-up vision and I'll never win a Golden Demon and I'll be six different kinds of sad AND IT WILL ALL BE YOUR FAULT!

*squints suspiciously at CashWiley*
  • Citrine, Nocturne, CashWiley and 5 others like this

Not cool enough for a signature. 

#8 Pingo

Pingo

Godlike

• Members
  • 6376 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:25 PM

I like the one that's a little tiny Hulk in a needle with a broken eye.

I built a boat. Spelljammer pictures here.

Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.
-- Terry Pratchett

"Therefore, O Painter, make your smaller figures merely indicated and not highly finished, otherwise you will produce effects the opposite to nature, your supreme guide"
-- Leonardo da Vinci

"All alternate histories produce zeppelins."
-- Ken Hite's Law

#9 CashWiley

CashWiley

Great Old One (With Bow)

• 7310 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:16 PM

*squints suspiciously at CashWiley*

You're not helping girly Takhisis' chances, gobbo.
The Wily Brush: Man vs Paint
Project Index
Proud member of Corporea's Corps, Mocha's Minions and Pixel's Posse
Former member of the CashWiley Fan Club
Posted Image

#10 DSModels

DSModels

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:22 PM

Seen his stuff before, it's insane
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHFs-r1TpMk

He's Snopes certified:
http://www.snopes.co...microscopic.asp

Holy ^$%! So each is just carved from a piece of rice. That's crazy! $20,000.000.000 for his life's work. Now he can finally look up :blink: .

#11 Ampersandrew

Ampersandrew

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:36 AM

That is one talented and dedicated individual.
  • haldir likes this

#12 Argentee

Argentee

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1372 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

I've actually been to an exhibition of his work at the Parish Gallery in DC. It is amazing... mind blowing stuff. He carves out of kevlar and nylon, dries and grinds up oil paints to get his pigments. Oh, and there is a harley he carved out of a tiny fleck of gold as part of the display.

"They'll sell you thousands of greens. Veronese green and emerald green and cadmium green and any sort of green you like; but that particular green, never."  - Pablo Picasso

ss_fx_by_girot-d5xrcq0.gif

#13 Panzer_Engel

Panzer_Engel

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 214 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:23 PM

I've actually been to an exhibition of his work at the Parish Gallery in DC. It is amazing... mind blowing stuff. He carves out of kevlar and nylon, dries and grinds up oil paints to get his pigments. Oh, and there is a harley he carved out of a tiny fleck of gold as part of the display.

The artistic centres of my mind having recovered to the point where they're capable of comments more cogent than "meekle. . . ." I have to ask, does anyone know what he uses as a medium?
"Gott weiß ich will kein Engel sein. . ."

#14 lastspartacus

lastspartacus

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

One of his mediums is a tiny scalpel he carved from a tiny shred of tungsten. He claims he can allow tiny vibrations in his heartbeat to 'jackhammer' etch grains of sand. His brush is a hair off a house fly.

#15 Erifnogard

Erifnogard

Ekildog

• Bones Supporter
  • 1513 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:11 PM

One of his mediums is a tiny scalpel he carved from a tiny shred of tungsten. He claims he can allow tiny vibrations in his heartbeat to 'jackhammer' etch grains of sand. His brush is a hair off a house fly.

First let me say that this guy is simply amazing.  Second, the more description of his technique I read, the more it sounds like the punchline to one of those Chuck Norris jokes.  In a good way.

I WILL @#!&ING END YOU.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users