1 reply to this topic

#1 DSModels

DSModels

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:45 AM

I started this major "detail conversion" of one of the Avatars of War Dwarf Berserker figures.

.SANY0252.JPG
You can see in this first photo, I have positioned the arms in a draw back-over the head position like he's bellowing in rage and at the same time leaned him back, which stretches the torso and exposes more belly. The left arm has already been filled in and sculpted with G.S..

.SANY0254.JPG
In this one the right arm is now sculpted.

.SANY0255.JPG
Now the belly has been sculpted.

.SANY0263.JPG
Here I had to cut the beard in the center and lay it down. Due to the head being tilted back, the beard would have stuck strait out defying gravity. I'll have to re-sculpt the extended area where it was split.

.SANY0265.JPG
At this stage the beard has been sculpted and a extra strand of Mohawk has been added to the front for additional detail. At this point the G.S. is still soft and I can still play a bit with the hair strands.

.SANY0259.JPG
Here I'm working on the base insert. It will be a small rock out cropping covered in snow. Still playing with it and this may not be the final sculpt.

More to come.
  • ub3r_n3rd likes this

#2 joshuaslater

joshuaslater

CareBear

• Bones Supporter
  • 6549 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:36 PM

Brilliant. The GW Dwarf Slayer of old has been brought back with this. I'll admit, I still have a weakness for Mohawk wearing Dwarf Berserkers, to this day.
  • DSModels likes this
A miniature venture of mine: http://www.cauldronbornminiatures.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Avatars of War

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users