20 posts in this topic
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Presenting the Twilight Ninja from Kingdom Death, she was their special edition mini for last years Black Friday sale.
I've had this one painted up for a little while, but I've been struggling to come up with a new photo setup (of course, the eventual solution was annoyingly simple).
She's a little rough in places, I had to repaint bits of her bodysuit a few times too many, but I think she ended up looking pretty nifty.
As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
By Chris Palmer
Just wanted to post some pictures of a few figures I finished up recently in an effort to clear off some of the stuff that's been gathering dust on my paint table, so they'd be ready for the game table. I'm not 100% sure of the identity of each of these figures other than manufacturer.
The first is an old Heartbeaker Hobbies and Games sword-woman.
The second is a pirate from Eureka
The third was some sort of witch or sorceress (I can't exactly remember), from the Deadlands game.
Couldn't resist starting on his guy as soon as he arrived!
I'm not sure what a Bloodreaper is, but they look like this:-
Although mine currently looks like this:-
As it would be pretty much impossible to paint the inside of his coat, or his legs, once assembled, I'm getting them out of the way first.
Although you can't see it, the inside of his coat is mostly done. It's been based in 2:1 Vallejo Hexed Lichen/Vallejo Pure Black, then shaded with 1:1 Hexed Lichen/Pure Black and 1:2 Hexed Lichen/Pure Black.
Just need to highlight up the open flap.
The boots are completely finished.
They were based with Vallejo Leather Brown, then highlighted with 2:1 Leather Brown/Vallejo Iraq Sand and 1:2 Leather Brown/Iraq Sand. They also got Vallejo Bronze buckles and Tanned Leather laces and finally a glaze of Brownshade Wash.
By Patrik Strom
Ase Arvidson from Red Box Games. Another miniature that had to suffer before I've settled (kind of) for a sealing method.
Ase was a quick, and rather painless, paintjob. I have decided to try and speed up things (since I'm at the time of writing 229 finished miniatures short of having painted all my RBG minis....). This means having to settle for less (one sacrifice is way less time trying to paint eyes on small minis), but with how Ase turned out I'm quite OK with that. The original sculpt had a rather ugly arrow running down the leg, which I cut away and replaced with part of a metal paper clip. I'm not a sculpter so that's the best I could manage (I have since though about using needles but the paper clips are way cheaper :D).
Who's Online 20 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)