Sign in to follow this  
MRyka

60015, Kyra, female iconic cleric

My favorite character, my cleric of Sarenrae. Being a cleric of the "Dawnflower," I always imagined her in oranges and reds and yellows. The painted fig from Pathfinder just didn't jibe with my mental image of her.

This is one of my first painted figs. Please offer constructive feedback so I can improve.

post-8511-0-46037200-1350253493_thumb.jpg

post-8511-0-18755100-1350431402_thumb.jpg

post-8511-0-80110900-1350431412_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Very Nice. Great brush control and very good color choices. You did a good job with the eyes as well. I wish the photo was clearer though. It is just a bit blurry. Keep up the good work and welcome to the wonderful world of miniature painting.

Yah, we are new to this and have to work on our photos. This is by far my best fig. I think it's because I've played her for a few years and know the sculpt inside and out. She's great inspiration.

Very Nice. Great brush control and very good color choices. You did a good job with the eyes as well. I wish the photo was clearer though. It is just a bit blurry. Keep up the good work and welcome to the wonderful world of miniature painting.

Seconded.

Based on what I see my constructive feedback is keep doing what you are doing!

As far as improving keep in mind the material you are painting. Fabrics have softer highlights and shadows than metals.

That's all I've got.

Awesome job!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maglok
      A friend of mine asked me to paint his Karzoug for:

So I have been going at it. While I have already done quite a bit, I still figured lets make it a WIP.

Session 1

Session 2

Session 3

I am not quite happy with a lot of details yet, but he is starting to smell like 'high level wizard'. :)
    • By Inarah
      <<<MOD>>>
      Link to the Live Kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dgsgames/eclipse-sisterhood-freeblades-fantasy-miniatures?ref=category_newest

From DGS Games,

"We will launch the Eclipse Sisterhood kickstarter campaign on the afternoon of February 14th 2017.

This project will produce the six core models of the faction: leader, caster, two heroes and two followers. And as many stretches as our fans help us reach! For the Traazorites, that was four models. Let's show the Empire these fierce women can do even better!"

• By korimar
      03398 Liriel Silverlocks Female Elf Bard by Derek Schubert

• By Lovejoy
      Edit - project is now live: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oathsworn/heroines-in-sensible-shoes-3-miniatures-for-rpgs

Starting on Monday, for probably 14 days, Heroines in Sensible Shoes 3 - Not every heroine is human.
      Teaser pic, as there's only five minis sculpted so far! I'll be sculpting at least 7 more throughout the project, taking input and suggestions from the backers...
      So far, there's a firbolg druid, tabaxi and kenku rogues, a minotaur barbarian, and a hobgoblin eldritch knight.

After consulting with our previous backers, the the most popular suggestions are - another tabaxi, probably either a monk or wizard; a tiefling wizard, and a tiefling paladin or cleric; another kenku (probably a magic user of some sort); a dragonborn paladin; a tortle (no ideas on class or equipment yet!); and finally a human barbarian, heavy, powerful build, but not lean.

I'm open to suggestions though, so if you have any, please let me know!
      cheers
      Michael

• By Cyradis
      My D&D group's cleric picked the torch and scythe wielding townsfolk from this pack: http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/townsfolk/latest/03123

My D&D group's cleric is an herbalist cleric. He provides the.... healing... herbs. Medicinal use herbs. He's an exceedingly chipper and happy character, much to the annoyance of the emo necrobard. 

But he uses a scythe, and decided to go with this figure. I don't like this figure. It has an ANGRY face. Super grumpy. All of the grump. Terrible choice for that character. 

Player told me that I didn't have to go high on the detail with it, so I didn't do as much as my usual. I still practiced OSL and I tried to turn the frown upside-down. I think the result is that he now looks like a very happy mass murderer, instead of just generically pissed. 

Anyway, rip it to shreds, lemme know what I can do better in the future. I didn't do the most exciting blending or layering or glazing by any stretch deliberately, though. 

I also was using a different location for my camera and I didn't feel like getting a perfect setup, so stuff is crooked and I'm not going to go back and take more photos. *HARUMPH*. 

• Who's Online   12 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)