Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MRyka

60015, Kyra, female iconic cleric

5 posts in this topic

My favorite character, my cleric of Sarenrae. Being a cleric of the "Dawnflower," I always imagined her in oranges and reds and yellows. The painted fig from Pathfinder just didn't jibe with my mental image of her.

This is one of my first painted figs. Please offer constructive feedback so I can improve.

post-8511-0-46037200-1350253493_thumb.jpg

post-8511-0-18755100-1350431402_thumb.jpg

post-8511-0-80110900-1350431412_thumb.jpg

3 people like this

Very Nice. Great brush control and very good color choices. You did a good job with the eyes as well. I wish the photo was clearer though. It is just a bit blurry. Keep up the good work and welcome to the wonderful world of miniature painting.

Yah, we are new to this and have to work on our photos. This is by far my best fig. I think it's because I've played her for a few years and know the sculpt inside and out. She's great inspiration.

Very Nice. Great brush control and very good color choices. You did a good job with the eyes as well. I wish the photo was clearer though. It is just a bit blurry. Keep up the good work and welcome to the wonderful world of miniature painting.

Seconded.

Based on what I see my constructive feedback is keep doing what you are doing!

As far as improving keep in mind the material you are painting. Fabrics have softer highlights and shadows than metals.

That's all I've got.

Awesome job!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      WARNING NUDITY so LINKS.

EDIT:
       Since Photbucket got Evil I linked my Putty and Paint Page here:

http://www.puttyandpaint.com/projects/15073

This is my first take on a bust. It's from Kabuki 1/6 scale.
      Since she's a Not Red Sonja, I gave her warpaint like Conan has.

I tried a freehand tattoo, it's supposed to be a stylized Dragon/Snake eating his own tail.

I had loads of fun painting her.

Here Is my WIP if interested.

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/62241-ky-ra-bust-16-kabuki-by-xherman1964/

• By Kuche
      Sup guys, i have just finisthis miniature, well i think i finish, it may need more little more definition in some areas.  hope you guys enjoy and like it 

• By KingMob
      For your consideration: Reaper Bones miniature Female Anti-Paladin.

It wasn't until I started on my idea for the shield that I realized that *it* was the Main Character. Not exactly a daemon-possessed sword, but a symbiotic relationship none-the-less. Extravagant tone with bright, decadent colors. She-Hulk for the hair.  Massive Voodoo for the dots. (More dots!) My cat Zen for the eyes. (He's a Tom.) Lots of non-textured areas to tell a story. Great player character or reoccurring NPC. 
      A lesson of extreme - in Color and form. The armor was protective but the clothing was tattered like a torn mesh bodysuit. Heavy straps encircled limbs and the armored boots formed like hooves. Toothy maw adornment on the armor hints at hunger. A very introspective Pin-Up.

I hope you enjoy. :)

• By Darcstaar

This is was my entry for the 4th quarterly Reaper Facebook contest.  It was good enough for 3rd place!

There were so many well painted models, and awesome interpretations.

As I was planning it, my starting idea was copper nmm.  I didn't want the typical verdigris.  Then I thought a bluish or purple to counter the orange, so that got me thinking Drow with purple glazed into her shadows. 

Then I took that farther to try to get OSL in her eyes, shield, and base as if she was casting 'protection from good' or something.

Sadly, the OSL was saved to the end when I ran out of time.  So I tried a bright rim around those areas, then a purple glaze.  It wasn't striking enough for my tastes, but ... deadlines!

So, I hope you like her.

Sorry if the photo is blurry, it's a cell phone screen grab.

C&C welcome.
  • Who's Online   46 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)