Matbar

Unique figures

Those pumpkin horrors are pretty cool, I will leave my thoughts on Gug to my self :blush: :blush: ::P::lol:

Thank GOODNESS! Apparently I'm not the only one who immediately had "that" thought about Gug. I fear I'd be tempted to do something seriously wrong with that mini. Something involving (among other things) tacking on some of the grey Spanish moss that grows around here. Of course it does seriously qualify for weird. Man, you people are too good. Difficult is going to be narrowing my list to something not ridiculous. Considering I haven't even finished going through the Wiebe's and I'm sure others will have additions, that's kinda scary.

Thanks for all the suggestions, as well as the search tips. I got serious about the board too late to think about the Halloween contest, but maybe I can get some work started and participate in one in the future. If my old skills don't prove too rusty anyways. I think if I pick something to enter or participate in one of those "goals" threads it might help me get started.

Those pumpkin horrors are pretty cool, I will leave my thoughts on Gug to my self :blush: :blush: ::P::lol:

Thank GOODNESS! Apparently I'm not the only one who immediately had "that" thought about Gug. I fear I'd be tempted to do something seriously wrong with that mini. Something involving (among other things) tacking on some of the grey Spanish moss that grows around here.

It does rather cry out to be painted pink, does it not?

Those pumpkin horrors are awesome.

The gug is a monster from C'thulhu Mythos, and appears as described in the story.

It was a paw, fully two feet and a half across, and equipped with formidable talons. After it came another paw, and after that a great black-furred arm to which both of the paws were attached by short forearms. Then two pink eyes shone, and the head of the awakened gug sentry, large as a barrel, wabbled into view. The eyes jutted two inches from each side, shaded by bony protuberances overgrown with coarse hairs. But the head was chiefly terrible because of the mouth. That mouth had great yellow fangs and ran from the top to the bottom of the head, opening vertically instead of horizontally.

—H. P. Lovecraft, The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath

The gug is a monster from C'thulhu Mythos, and appears as described in the story.

It was a paw, fully two feet and a half across, and equipped with formidable talons. After it came another paw, and after that a great black-furred arm to which both of the paws were attached by short forearms. Then two pink eyes shone, and the head of the awakened gug sentry, large as a barrel, wabbled into view. The eyes jutted two inches from each side, shaded by bony protuberances overgrown with coarse hairs. But the head was chiefly terrible because of the mouth. That mouth had great yellow fangs and ran from the top to the bottom of the head, opening vertically instead of horizontally.

Yeah, H.P. Lovecraft was one sick puppy.

• Like 2

The Gug was used as a Frumious critter for an Alice and Wonderland scenario because someone couldn't resist the 12 year old voice screaming in his head.

I swear it wasn't me. It was this guy named Mike!

• Like 2

Just suck it up and go through all the lines, page by page. :;):

Seconded, I love just browsing through pages. I am always finding something in their store that is a begging to be painted by me.

• Like 2

There is a somewhat more conventional and uhm... less evocative... version by RAFM.

I would hesitate to put the Reaper Gug on the table in my teens 'n' tweens game. ::o::blush:

A friend is using it as a Slannesh Chaos Spawn in his Mordheim warband.... *Shudder* (Yes Q, I am talking about you!)

The Auld Grump