• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 kyaakone

kyaakone

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 117 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:46 PM

Can someone point me to class lists from prior ReaperCon's?

I know that past lists don't translate into the future, but I'd like to get a rough idea of how many classes I'd probably want to attend to set aside some money now.

#2 ThornDJL7

ThornDJL7

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 301 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:23 PM

I would be interested in what kind of classes there are in general. :)
Pathfinder Society Venture-Captain (West-Michigan)

My CMON Gallery

#3 Serenity

Serenity

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 496 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

Here's the schedule for last year with classes listed on the top four rows of each page. I'm not sure if they had class descriptions posted last year, but previous years have had them.

You can try searching the forums if nobody else finds a list for you. That's how I found this: http://www.reapermin...Con2102Grid.pdf

Serenity
All I want is to have my peace of mind.(Boston)

Time and time again I've thanked them for a peace of mind.(The Outlaws, Green Grass and High Tides)

#4 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 8620 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:38 AM

I know that this year I will be teaching a class, Conversions With Bones. I get to teach about once per 3 years, so I'm excited!

I also hope to be able to present a Bones KS Retrospective Seminar.
  • Wren, Fruggs, psyberwolfe1 and 4 others like this

bryan@reapermini.com This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

#5 Ampersandrew

Ampersandrew

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

I also hope to be able to present a Bones KS Retrospective Seminar.

Any chance that could be recorded and put online for those of us who can't be there?

Edited by Ampersandrew, 17 October 2012 - 10:49 AM.

• traxia and ub3r_n3rd like this

#6 Pole

Pole

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 429 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:02 AM

Be thar or die!

I mean, I am sure they could arrange something if they have the time!

2013: 14 Minis Painted

2014 Mini Painting Goal:  Paint something :down:
Free time = 0

#7 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 8620 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:28 AM

to date, we have resisted recording our classes and seminars, so that we are providing value content to our fans that travelled for the show, but there may be podcasters there that might record and post.
  • Fruggs and traxia like this

bryan@reapermini.com This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

#8 Argentee

Argentee

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1138 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:43 AM

to date, we have resisted recording our classes and seminars, so that we are providing value content to our fans that travelled for the show, but there may be podcasters there that might record and post.

Might want to consider recording them and later editing the video and putting it up on iTunes or the android store for sale. Just a thought.
  • traxia likes this

"They'll sell you thousands of greens. Veronese green and emerald green and cadmium green and any sort of green you like; but that particular green, never."  - Pablo Picasso

ss_fx_by_girot-d5xrcq0.gif

#9 Ampersandrew

Ampersandrew

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:45 AM

OK, I can see that. Disappointing, but understandable.

So, can I can convince any of you who are planning to be there to record the thing? :unsure:

#10 cajunwolfman

cajunwolfman

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:32 PM

As long as we are requesting classes or subject matter for next year......

Could someone do a class or incorporate into a class a Bones "Basic", Bones 101, maybe even "Everything you wanted to know about Bones but were afraid to ask!" type subject matter.

How to clean, remove mold lines (successfully), prime by different methods, basecoat, in short everything needed to know to succeed with the new Bones lineup.

#11 Jubilee

Jubilee

Goddess of the Winged Fae

• Bones Supporter
  • 1508 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:59 AM

Many of us discussed our class lineups with Anne last week and beginner classes were on the lists. :)

#12 paintminion

paintminion

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1269 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

Yes, class subjects were discussed - with the Bones it looks like more folks coming into the hobby and they need the basics!

What else do people want to see? It's hard to come up with three different classes people will need!

#13 Inarah

Inarah

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 3884 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:41 PM

Yes, class subjects were discussed - with the Bones it looks like more folks coming into the hobby and they need the basics!

What else do people want to see? It's hard to come up with three different classes people will need!

NMM chrome/glass, lighting and reflections.

How to make orange look good.
~It's not broken.... it's a conversion. ~

"I got my brother and his six year old hooked last week. They were soon back at the friendly local for more. Starts with a cute lil unicorn, next thing you're onto griffins and purple worms." ~ Carnacki the Ghost Finder

#14 Pole

Pole

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 429 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:33 AM

Painting with Red, Lighting and Shadows, Mono-Chrome painting, Hair, Eyes, OSL, Advanced Free-Hand. These may not all be basics, but I know these are ones I would love to see.

2013: 14 Minis Painted

2014 Mini Painting Goal:  Paint something :down:
Free time = 0

#15 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 8620 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:41 AM

I was asked yesterday if I minded maybe doing 2 slots of my converting Bones class. Would there be enough interest to justify, given 5 seats per class?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users