Photo

Assimilation Alien Host... Yep another Kickstarter...

353 replies to this topic

#1 Ithaqua

Ithaqua

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 473 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:00 AM

Some futuristic alien grubs thingys. Look pretty interesting. Futuristic, but im thinking maybe a DnD fantasy adventure using them....
Different to say the least :)
http://www.kickstart...st?ref=category

#2 recruittons

recruittons

Arch Magi of Figmentia Exchangus

• Bones Supporter
  • 1782 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:19 AM

Honestly, I'm interested in the cheap bases. 20 scenic 25mm bases for $10? Definitely worth consideration, especially if I can then get those cool worms for only $2 a piece when the first stretcher gets unlocked.
Posted Image

#3 MonkeySloth

MonkeySloth

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 4683 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:36 AM

I went in for some bases too, great deal with those. Not super interested in the figures though--just not my taste.

@monkeysloth

---My Tutorials---

New: Sculpting and Painting Rocks | My Tutorial List and WIP Thread

I never thought I'd write this...but I agree with MonkeySloth on this one. ~ Adrift

#4 recruittons

recruittons

• Bones Supporter
  • 1782 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:40 AM

I went in for some bases too, great deal with those. Not super interested in the figures though--just not my taste.

Yeah, the hosts and swarm adults aren't for me, but I could see using those grub worms for any number of fantasy worm creatures, if painted for it.
  • Goblyn likes this
Posted Image

#5 karpouzian

karpouzian

Mostly Harmless

• Bones Supporter
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:42 PM

Yeah, those are pretty neat bases @ .50 ea. And only 4 left ;)

#6 Nocturne

Nocturne

King of the North

• Members
  • 2778 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:49 PM

Really like those grubs, and that host just looks so wrong, but I want it. Looks like they need a sci-fi engineer with a plasma cutter to go up against them.

@nocturnerose

Currently procrastinating

#7 Frankthedm

Frankthedm

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 3198 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:59 PM

Pounced on the bases myself. 2 bucks a host sounds good if they make it that far.

"Life gives you lemons you make lemonade, Life gives you whales... whale burgers." -Cadaver

#8 dariustad

dariustad

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 340 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

Snagged the bases as well. Thanks for the heads up everyone! I will be using those as difficult terrain markers in my games.

#9 Frankthedm

Frankthedm

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 3198 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:03 PM

Cool. Bases were made .

Edward Fortae

I removed the limited status of the bases as I never expected them to be such a favorite for people. I wanted to test the water with them and seems they are going to be a big favorite. I will be adding them to our store later after all Kickstarter orders are filled as well. Thanks everyone so far. Drop by and see updates on the Red Box Games kickstarter as well and sooner or later the Impact one also.

"Life gives you lemons you make lemonade, Life gives you whales... whale burgers." -Cadaver

#10 recruittons

recruittons

• Bones Supporter
  • 1782 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:10 PM

Oh that's cool! Those bases I could definitely see being a great way to get people invested and then when he gets the cheap add-ons, build up from there.
  • Dadcubed likes this
Posted Image

#11 Frankthedm

Frankthedm

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 3198 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:28 PM

agree / While the worms are cool, the ratios in the big packs have more worms than I'll need and not enough hosts.

#12 recruittons

recruittons

• Bones Supporter
  • 1782 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:58 PM

Ed had this to say about the fact that the higher level pledges are mostly large quantities of a small number of creature types. It should make adding more of something a lot more interesting.

I will do 5 bodies for the worms with 3 head styles. I will do 3 poses of the host, open mouth etc, and 5 poses of the swarm adults in various positions from running, creeping, to attacking etc.

Posted Image

#13 smokingwreckage

smokingwreckage

Gawdlike!!

• Bones Supporter
  • 9679 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:55 PM

Really like 'em, gots no moneys.

Naturally, he died because a wizard exploded.

#14 recruittons

recruittons

• Bones Supporter
  • 1782 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

Hmm, looking at the stretch goals, it seems that as more are achieved, the add-on costs for the minis go down. At $12,500, hosts cost $5 to add-on, and hounds cost $4. At $18,000, the hosts go down to $3 a piece and at $25,000, the hounds go down to $3 a piece. Interesting. Seems like quite an incentive for backers to bring more people on board. Which I'm not trying to do selfishly to get a better deal. Not at all. I'm just letting you all know. Because... reasons and... friendship stuff...
  • smokingwreckage and kay13 like this
Posted Image

#15 Bob the Inquisitor

Bob the Inquisitor

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:33 AM

I'm doing my part.
  • smokingwreckage, Nocturne and recruittons like this

Reply to this topic