• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Beowulfthehunter

Beowulfthehunter

Godlike

• Members
  • 1336 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:07 PM

I wanted to show off a few models I polished off this week. Two are from the Pathfinder line. The third is from a company called Stonehaven. I bought into the Kickstarter and I am very happy how the models turned out. They were an absolute joy to paint.

Attached Thumbnails

• 000_0006.JPG
  • 000_0012.JPG
  • 000_0007.JPG

• Citrine, ub3r_n3rd, Shogun and 2 others like this
I paint minis, because it keeps me out of the strip clubs!
My Auctions...I always need money

Proud Member of the Brush Licker's Union Series 7

#2 recruittons

recruittons

Arch Magi of Figmentia Exchangus

• Bones Supporter
  • 1782 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:17 PM

Oo! Stonehaven! My order hasn't shipped yet, but I got in on that too, and it's awesome to see one of them all painted up. I have to say, that barbarian iconic is my favorite. Love the gem colors breaking up the near-monochrome color scheme. And I like the demi-metallic work on the Stonehaven bloke. He has a little bit of a lazy eye on the stage left eye. And the fell on the right. Some about his expression just really strikes me. Love the attitude of that one.

Great work!
Posted Image

#3 Jen

Jen

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 615 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:22 PM

Love the expression on the barbarian's face. She looks like she is all out of bublegum. :)
  • joshuaslater likes this

2014 Stats: 22 painted, 21 purchased. 22/2 - 21 = -10

My painting blog: http://minipainterjen.blogspot.com/

#4 zoroaster100

zoroaster100

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 792 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:27 PM

Nice paint jobs. I bought the Kickstarter Stonehaven dwarves and am looking forward to receiving them and painting them. I have to try to paint them, a bunch of Mega Minis miniatures, and some Grendel resign pieces before the Bones Kickstarter minis arrive in March, a tall order.

#5 Adrift

Adrift

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2171 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:50 AM

I agree with recruittons that the Stonehaven dwarf does indeed have a lazy right eye.

My only other observation involves the barbarian. She has more highlighting under her breasts than on the tops of her breasts; that lighting confuses my eyes.

Otherwise you did solid work and I'm looking forward to more!

#6 Gailbraithe

Gailbraithe

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 302 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:30 AM

Great stuff! I really like what you did with Amri, though I'd suggest going back and adding just a wee bit of shading tot he underside of her breasts -- the leather and flesh tones are very close to each other, and a bit of shading will help define the line between the two. It will also make her boobs look bigger.

I don't like the Pathfinder Dwarf Miner. Your paint job is fine, but I just don't like that mini. He looks too "dirty hippie" for a dwarf, like he's got dreadlocks or something. He's like "Hi, I'm Jerry Dwarfcia." Meh.

Don't recognize the Stonehaven Dwarf, but nice model. That's what a dwarf should look like.

#7 Tranquil Ape

Tranquil Ape

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 238 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:39 AM

I really like that barbarian sculpt, looks like it would be fun to paint. I agree with the others regarding the highlighting though. One thing that helps me (pfft, i still manage to mess mine up though) is to hold it under a light source while I'm painting for quick lighting checks. The only other mention I can offer, and this may just be a personal pref thing, the hilt on the sword too closely matches her outfit. It gives the overall picture a sort of monotone look to it. I may have done the hilt in a dark iron-ish color... And thats one to grow on :)
-------------------------------------
Formerly known as "D"rayla

My CMON gallery

#8 Beowulfthehunter

Beowulfthehunter

Godlike

• Members
  • 1336 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:10 AM

About the eyes, I agree it does look off. It is hard to get good eyes and my aim must have been off.

As for the "dirty hippy look." I love the notion of a Dwarf Dirty Hippy. I just hate how he turned out, not sure what went wrong

The Barbarian, I was not happy with the sculpy, I just really wanted to get her done.
I paint minis, because it keeps me out of the strip clubs!
My Auctions...I always need money

Proud Member of the Brush Licker's Union Series 7

#9 Darsc Zacal

Darsc Zacal

PAX Prime Survivor

• 5160 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:01 PM

First Stonehaven Dwarf I've seen painted. Looks good.

"Yeah, we have magic and elves and crazy wizardocracies, but gender equality, *that's* a fantasy."
- Pingo's alter ego.

"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
- Deep Thoughts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users