13 replies to this topic

#1 72moonglum

72moonglum

Godlike

• Members
  • 1189 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:20 PM

Hi all,

here's my lastest venture, a female centaur archer from the glorious Ral Partha eighties. Another old classic from Julie Guthrie, it's taken me a while to finish as we've been working on a lot of other things at home, but now back into the painting mode again. Hope you like!
Mark

Attached Thumbnails

• DF-232 alternative side.jpg
  • DF-232 three quarters view.jpg
  • DF-232.jpg

• haldir, Kormydigar, buglips*the*goblin and 16 others like this

a little gallery of my old and new painted miniatures found at:  www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=User:Antautunut

#2 Sanael

Sanael

God among Kender and Kobolds

• Bones Supporter
  • 2262 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

Oooh, she's fantastic. I love your color choices. The white is really well done.

Given the scale creep since then, what size base is she on? I imagine she might be a halfling/pony centaur by today's scale standards?
  • zoroaster100 likes this

Index of my Show-Off minis.

WiP threads:
My Legion of Everblight. Painted: 54 points, 2 Warlocks. Owned: 157 points, 3 Warlocks.

Odd Animals WiP. RP Couatl, DSM Frog Prince, GW/Marauder/Necromunda Milliasaur
Mice & Mystics

Why yes, that is a Kaladrax on my shoulder. Why do you ask?

#3 Girot

Girot

Drunk Bacon God

• Bones Supporter
  • 4350 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:45 PM

very well done!

2014 Painted Miniatures/Models: 42

Bones II:  #7355

#4 Inarah

Inarah

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 4321 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

Very nice.
~It's not broken.... it's a conversion. ~

"I got my brother and his six year old hooked last week. They were soon back at the friendly local for more. Starts with a cute lil unicorn, next thing you're onto griffins and purple worms." ~ Carnacki the Ghost Finder

#5 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Emperor of The Moon

• Forum Mascot
  • 12217 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

That's many multiples better than the painted job used in the RP catalog.
  • Girot and Pingo like this
Powered by Frapp Fuel

#6 Darsc Zacal

Darsc Zacal

PAX Prime Veteran

• 5740 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

Interesting use of muted colours. Works quite well. Very nice!
"Yeah, we have magic and elves and crazy wizardocracies, but gender equality, *that's* a fantasy."
- Pingo's alter ego.

"I had to drown my dolly in the bathtub to try and still the voice of the mirror mommy telling me to do bad things. And then an octopus stole my clothes!"
Buglips' Gnome.

#7 Leopardpixie

Leopardpixie

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 280 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:03 PM

This is beautiful. I love the colors you have used!

#8 Jen

Jen

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 619 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

Nice work! I really like the skin and the horse body. Also like that the human hair and the horse's tail and the bits around the hooves are the same color.

2014 Stats: 31 painted.

My painting blog: http://minipainterjen.blogspot.com/

#9 Adrift

Adrift

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2373 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:21 PM

Very nice!

#10 Stern Kestrelmann

Stern Kestrelmann

Godlike

• Members
  • 5633 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:53 PM

Hey that's nice... Love the base work the most... The creamy color of her "horse half" is really nice. Like butta.

Cool stuff.

SK
THERE IS ONLY THE EMPEROR!

#11 72moonglum

72moonglum

Godlike

• Members
  • 1189 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:12 AM

Thanks guys for all the nice comments! I tried to keep the colors natural, earthy tones and I wanted to make sure she looked really tan because she's galloping around outside all day long basically. I did want also a slightly different color than the typical brown for her horsey parts.

The base is one of the Warmachine 50 mm bases. For being an old Julie Guthrie Ral Partha figure, she's actually surprisingly large, not gargantuan, but this seems to have been the best base to fit her on.

I've also got the other old Julie Guthrie female centaur, the frolicky, naked one, but I just can't seem to find her for whatever reason. I've got her primed and on a base when I do finally hunt her down, and I've got the male companions to the female ones. The only problem is my male frolicking centaur has a smashed nose, so would probably have to whip out the green stuff to do a bit of repair work first.

a little gallery of my old and new painted miniatures found at:  www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=User:Antautunut

#12 Pingo

Pingo

Godlike

• Members
  • 7898 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:22 AM

It's a really nice example of a limited palette. The range of colors is small, but they are used with sensitivity and intelligence.

I built a boat. Spelljammer pictures here.

Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.
-- Terry Pratchett

"Therefore, O Painter, make your smaller figures merely indicated and not highly finished, otherwise you will produce effects the opposite to nature, your supreme guide"
-- Leonardo da Vinci

"All alternate histories produce zeppelins."
-- Ken Hite's Law

#13 72moonglum

72moonglum

Godlike

• Members
  • 1189 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:22 PM

Thanks Pingo! It's not that often that I'm described as sensitive AND intelligent in the same sentence. Actually, never....

#14 ATOM

ATOM

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:41 PM

Excellent work, like the mini too.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ral Partha, Julie Guthrie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users