• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maledrakh
      “Off to off the wizard”
      The figures are from Reaper Bones KS3, “Chronoscope Wild West Oz”.  Since they all were armed, I see this as a sort of hit squad, hence the title.
      I based them on 30mm round display bases from Reaper, and I 3d Printed a 20mm round in a similar style for Toto.
      Since not only the Tin Man, but also the flying monkey are obvious metal robots, I think “Weird West Oz” or even “Steampunk Oz” would be a more fitting moniker.

The miniatures are made in the slightly harder Bonesium, henceforth to be known as Better Bones™. Since the third Bones kickstarter, all Chronoscope Bones are coloured grey,
      The Flying Monkey, Lion, Tin Man and Scarecrow are sculpted by Bob Ridolfi, with Dorothy and Toto by Julie Guthrie. Only the Scarecrow seems to be released in Bones as of yet.

• By EvilJames
      Another old mini that I painted at the same time as the Taer. Initially I just primed him white and called it good, but since I was painting the Taer, I figured he'd be a good one to paint along side them since he would have a similar color scheme. He was also equally a pain the %&^$#@ elf to photograph, didn't matter if I was using a neutral background or my dungeon tiles. he would inevitably be washed out and or blurry. while trying to experiment I got a decent picture of him on top of my trash can out side.

This guy is very much based on his art in the Monstrous Compendium Annual Volume One. Drawn by one of my favorite D&D artists Tony Diterlizzi.
      Hmm blown up it's still a little blurry now. I don't get it, the S8 is supposed to have an awesome camera, but it seemed like I was getting better pictures with my wife's old Ipad. I really thought I had finally gotten a picture of him that actually worked. Might try and fix this later as well.
    • By EvilJames
      I have been busy painting these past months, but I have not been taking pictures and posting much, and these guys are to blame for that.

I started them up many many years ago, but never could come up with a good paint scheme. My Monstrous Manual didn't have any pictures let alone a decent description, and the older pictures were all line art or black & white. Finally earlier this year I took a look at them again and was able to find 3rd ed pictures and descriptions and while very different than the old school versions it at least gave me a starting point. I could have just done them up in any ld color and been happy, but no color scheme really stood out to me, so "traditional" it is. their fur ended up not being as white as I would have liked and it doesn't help that it's hard to tell if something is supposed to be furred or bare blue skin, but  Ithink it's more or less ok now.

Now the reason I haven't posted was because for a while now I have just not been able to take miniature photos I'm at all happy with and these guys were the worst for it since they are mostly blue and white so it was hard to get a picture where their eyes (which I spent quite a bit of time on) even remotely stood out. Even now I'm not completely happy with the pictures, but like the minis I guess I just have to learn when it's just good enough.

So without any further ado
      Taer

This one got panted black with grey dry brushing for a while, but it just didn't seem like enough.

This one was the worst to photograph as his rock kept casting shadows on his face. i like how the rock turned out at least.

This one spent the last decade solid grey.
      I wish I could have done more to make the eyes stand out, but my hand is not very steady so it either works or it doesn't.

The team together. Ready to fight off adventurers and keep them from invading their snowy mountaintop dungeon complex
      Really turned down the settings on this picture because even the previous pictures look too washed out now that I've got them cropped down.

Comments? Critiques? Photography advice? Business ventures for for young Taer seeking promising careers with advancement opportunities?

Edit: Gah! Blown up the first 3 photos  look even worse now. I may retake them and replace them at some point, if I can ever pin down whats going wrong. in the last photo I turned off the auto settings on my phone and set them manually, but it was all guess work since literally none of the buttons and symbols mean anything to me.
    • By 72moonglum
      This one is the last of my black pants series, even though this one doesn't have black pants, but rather a black jacket.  For this one, I used black for his jacket, and used the same skin tones with him as my other monk, the Hackmaster one sculpted by Jim Johnson.  So here we go, a seemingly friendly cleric, perhaps turning undead, version from 2018

But if you look at him from behind, you'll see he's ready, just in case he gets a low roll of the dice:

This is another I did what seems to be centuries ago, even though it was really probably only 35 years or so:

And here they are together:

I'm glad my parents kept my old figures and gave them back to me years ago.  Always nice to go back down memory lane and looking at the art you did and how you've developed and changed over the years. 
    • By 72moonglum
      So continuing on with my theme of black pants and clothing, and trying to stay in certain color schemes to make my life a tad more efficient, here is the other Monk/Martial Artist I finished basing last night. He has the same black pants more or less that the Brue Lee figure had, also nunchuks, and also ready to beat a wrongdoer into submission.  This one is from the Hackmaster line that Ral Partha has brought back, sculpted in 2003 (I checked the bottom before I put him on his base) by Jim Johnson.  Another fun and simple figure, not too many dingly danglies, just a man, his pants, a European shoulder bag, and a few weapons.

I kind of wish his wrist bands had turned out a little bit better metalwise, but oh well, he's done and I'm not going back, too many things pending...
  • Who's Online   23 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)