Girot

Lava Worm!!

Brilliantly executed! As soon as I saw the first image I thought of the crackle paint. The other I'm assuming is going to be a frost worm. :upside:

We need to get you $0.40 so you can buy a piece of gray scrapbooking paper as a background. The blue tile actually detracts from your amazing work.

• Like 1

The ONLY thing that sprang to mind when looking at this is that i would have tried to grade the colors in to a white center in the hopes of making it look hotter. :)

Hats off to ya...

• Like 1

The ONLY thing that sprang to mind when looking at this is that i would have tried to grade the colors in to a white center in the hopes of making it look hotter. :) Hats off to ya...

Agreed.

The ONLY thing that sprang to mind when looking at this is that i would have tried to grade the colors in to a white center in the hopes of making it look hotter. :)

Hats off to ya...

Believe it or not that thing was layered up from white to orange before I added the crackle paint. I used Red Shade to accentuate the cracks and drybrushed the black and a little grey. You cant see it in a still photo but anywhere you see color is actually translucent showing the heat underneath the "cooled" spots

We need to get you $0.40 so you can buy a piece of gray scrapbooking paper as a background. The blue tile actually detracts from your amazing work.

Yeaaah... I think I'm gonna do that tomorrow.

Believe it or not that thing was layered up from white to orange before I added the crackle paint. I used Red Shade to accentuate the cracks and drybrushed the black and a little grey. You cant see it in a still photo but anywhere you see color is actually translucent showing the heat underneath the "cooled" spots

I think it would go well in addition to have the transition in the mouth. A "cooling on the outside but a belly full of fire!" look.

Thats constructive criticism only, though. It looks great as is.

• Like 1

I may have to put my Sand Worm off to try the Lava Worm again... I'll practice the technique on a few bases using different 'interior' colors to see how things react. I also think I'm gonna go with yellow ink this time instead of Red Shade and drybrush Bloody Red instead of black and use that for what I used the grey for this time.

I think it would go well in addition to have the transition in the mouth. A "cooling on the outside but a belly full of fire!" look.

Thats constructive criticism only, though. It looks great as is.

No no, constructive criticism is MOST welcome! I wouldn't get any better if I got butt-hurt every time I was given good advice! ::D:

I didn't mean for the mouth area to come out so dark. A lot of that is shadow from how I photographed it. I'll take better pictures after I get my new photo set-up put together.

• Like 1