I'm not a big fan of elves, and I have very few (non-dark) elves in my collection. I picked these elves up several months ago (around January) so my friends without minis of their own could assemble elven warbands in Song of Blades and Heroes. Now they are finally painted. I kind of imagine these guys as an elven adventuring band in an elven land, You've got your fighter leader (Arthrand), a ranger/rogue (Nienna), requisite wizard (Anirion) and token demi-human (Drys), who also serves as Team Cleric (or, in this case, Team Druid). I get the sense that these guys would do okay in a dungeon, but would completely wreck a wilderness adventure.

Also, I'm not prone to tooting my own horn, but I really feel with this set I've achieved two new personal bests. I think these guys represent some of the finest painting I've done yet, and a vast improvement in my digital photography skills.

post-4845-0-40030900-1351127809_thumb.jpg

14553: Arthrand Nightblade, Wood Elf Sergeant

post-4845-0-64630500-1351128451_thumb.jpg

02909: Nienna, Elf Ranger

post-4845-0-10709900-1351127723_thumb.jpg

03491: Anirion, Wood Elf Wizard

post-4845-0-84331300-1351129071_thumb.jpg

14479: Drys, Elven Dryad

• Like 5

nice work, I'm fond of that first one, the paint job really does look great. and i'm also curious about the tree in the dryad base, was that part of the mini? looks fantastic.

I'm really digging that tree salad dude. I might buy that model now so I can try it.

As a basically Goblin Guy, I'm also not that keen on Elves...I won't dwell on there dubious social practices. HOWEVER, yours painted up GREAT...nice woodsy color choices & fine brushwork. VERY WELL DONE!

I spotted the Dryad & Wizard over on C.M.o.N. & voted...in a totally unbiased fashion, of course. While your modesty might preclude supplying links for your Fellow Forum Folk to add their votes, I'm a shameless Old Man SO:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/316975

http://www.coolminiornot.com/316976

There seems to be a rash of really low scores on really nice work lately; don't be disheartened if your pieces don't get the scores they deserve at first.

There seems to be a rash of really low scores on really nice work lately; don't be disheartened if your pieces don't get the scores they deserve at first.

I don't know why I subject myself to this kind of abuse. All my stuff is getting 5.8, which would be fine -- except the Spinespur stuff I posted a few years ago, the stuff that is poorly photographed and nowhere nearly well painted, averages 5.4

So what, after 2 years I've improved by a whopping .4? Argh!

I don't know why I subject myself to this kind of abuse. All my stuff is getting 5.8, which would be fine -- except the Spinespur stuff I posted a few years ago, the stuff that is poorly photographed and nowhere nearly well painted, averages 5.4

So what, after 2 years I've improved by a whopping .4? Argh!

I gave that site a chance but got tired of the douchenozzels that go around hating on everybody elses' work because nobody likes the finger painted naked chick they keep uploading different angles of. that and it was a HUGE pain in the butt getting anything uploaded in a timely manner.

• Like 2

Added my votes, glad to see they brought you up some. I don't have a very high opinion of CMON, and the lack of appreciation for some of the fantastic work I've seen from or forumites lately would be a big part of why.

I never thought I'd ever meet no kidding 'wargaming snobs' until I moved to Arizona. All I can say is WOOOOOW....