• This topic is locked This topic is locked
98 replies to this topic

#1 Djbousquet

Djbousquet

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:03 PM

What's going on it's been almost a month with numerous "lock-in your orders now" posts and the pledge manager is still up. What's the deal? Do you guys just plan on using this as an ordering tool?

#2 Goblyn

Goblyn

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 733 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:27 PM

i lock it up when they say it was the deadline <_<

if i know it will be open i ll be getting more extras :bday:

#3 thatguywiththeface

thatguywiththeface

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 448 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:12 AM

Probably because reaper anticipates that some among those that pledged might be moving, and need to keep the pledge manager up so those people can change their shipping information without too much hassle.

Just because you're a gamer doesn't mean you have to smell like a dwarf

#4 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 14210 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:48 AM

They needed people to lock in their orders so they could calculate the size of their order. Plus restock. Plus stragglers that forgot. Once they got about 80% (I think bryan mentioned) they could generate a close approximation and extrapolate out the rest of the order.

The RPM is probably staying up for address changes and those last few stragglers that fell into a rabbit hole.
  • CashWiley likes this

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

#5 dispatchdave

dispatchdave

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1345 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:43 AM

The RPM will also contain the links to the PDF's when they are released.

Be a gentleman. It is charming and infuriating, respectively, to exactly the people you want it to be.

My brain is not sick, my brain just is. And sometimes I need a little help to function in a society not designed for my cognition.

-http://wolvensnother...-the-brain?og=1

Hirst Arts Molds: 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 50, 54, 56, 57, 58, 59, 61, 80, 85, 201, 202, 230, 235, 240, 245, 250

#6 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Cybermonkey Wrangler

• Bones Supporter
  • 9370 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:37 AM

those last few stragglers that fell into a rabbit hole.

You got to watch out for those, particularly if you're smaller than man-sized.

(but I'm big for a goblin)

Current Bones Count:  Total:  awaiting recount  Painted:  132

#7 dwarvenranger

dwarvenranger

Doglike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1254 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:59 AM

those last few stragglers that fell into a rabbit hole.

You got to watch out for those, particularly if you're smaller than man-sized.

(but I'm big for a goblin)

Just about the right size for a kender though.
Grow Stronger

#8 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 8628 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:14 AM

The RPM is necessary at this time for address changes. We do have almost all pledges locked in, but do still have about 100 people that, for reasons unknown to us, have not locked in their pledge.

Even if they never allocate their pledge to any specific rewards, we still need the RPM to get address data*.

*this assumes that they pledged a given level and an exact dollar amount to match, so it's obvious what their reward is (like Selected Vampire, pledge $100).
  • thatguywiththeface likes this

bryan@reapermini.com This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

#9 thatguywiththeface

thatguywiththeface

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 448 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:13 PM

The RPM is necessary at this time for address changes. We do have almost all pledges locked in, but do still have about 100 people that, for reasons unknown to us, have not locked in their pledge.

Even if they never allocate their pledge to any specific rewards, we still need the RPM to get address data*.

*this assumes that they pledged a given level and an exact dollar amount to match, so it's obvious what their reward is (like Selected Vampire, pledge $100).

*does the "I was right" dance*

Just because you're a gamer doesn't mean you have to smell like a dwarf

#10 sumbloke

sumbloke

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 615 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:17 PM

*does the "I was right" dance*

Oh god, my eyes! :wow:
  • thatguywiththeface likes this

I used to be into necrophilia, bestiality and S&M... but then I realised I was flogging a dead horse.

#11 Djbousquet

Djbousquet

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:13 AM

and you are STILL letting people place new pledges/orders, why?

I mean someone brand new can come in and type in a new e-mail address and have access to everything having to do with placing a new order, at a small increase albeit, but still how long is this going to be up, is it simply just a pre-order tool now?

#12 ced1106

ced1106

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 643 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:09 AM

If the RPM deadline is a week later, the miniatures come out in March. If the RPM deadline is a month later, the mini's come out in March. Mini's won't be out until March.

I'm sure this lot of Bones ISN'T just for the KS folks. Retailers and distributors want in, but I'm also sure getting THEM to finalize their orders will take much longer than the KS backers putting in their RPMs.

MANY working parts are necessary for this project to work, and we've already seen delays. But the "silver lining" of delays is that a delay in one step of the process can free time to give more time to another step. The RPM deadline is no longer a bottleneck, if you will.

And what's wrong with someone "brand new" placing an order? It's good customer relations for anyone who still hasn't heard of this KS offer to join in. Any additional monies added to the project is profit for Reaper, since the molds have already been paid for with the KS. As a sop to those who *did* take the KS risk, anyone "brand new" pays 50% more.
  • Dadcubed and Slendertroll like this

#13 Slendertroll

Slendertroll

Eternal Scout

• Bones Supporter
  • 2066 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:54 AM

Yeah, this has been pretty much a pre-order service for a lot of people anyway. One that happened to help pay for the project in the first place, but a pre-order service nonetheless.
"The universe is probably littered with the one-planet graves of cultures which made the sensible economic decision that there's no good reason to go into space--each discovered, studied, and remembered by the ones who made the irrational decision."
-Randall Munroe, xkcd

Grinnell College '16

#14 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 8628 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:27 AM

and you are STILL letting people place new pledges/orders, why?

We were open up front about making Bones to be a sale product that we wanted to be able to sell to retailers for years to come, and not just a "get it on KS or never see it again". Our opening video mentions us wanting to put this product in stores. I've said repeatedly that these will ship to Kickstarter Backers, and after that to retailers and distributors for ongoing sale. (Anecdote time! I am aware of one person who *demanded* a refund and that we withdraw his pledge 3 days after the project closed, because he learned after the drive that these would be available for retail sale after the KS was over, and he felt "cheated and lied to" because he thought he thought he was "buying an exclusive, limited edition, collectible set of figures". Not making this up.) And now, you seem confused about the fact that we're still selling these sets. I'm sorry if we were unclear.

I mean someone brand new can come in and type in a new e-mail address and have access to everything having to do with placing a new order, at a small increase albeit, but still how long is this going to be up, is it simply just a pre-order tool now?

New orders will have no affect on our ability to deliver the current goal, although it might lead to us placing a second order with a later delivery time for latecomers (that is, you will get yours in March, but people who sign up after we have sold out of our initial order might wait another 2-3 months)*. The largest anticipated potential delay that we might see now is Customs, since we do not control their processing time, and have found it to be as variable as 3-8 weeks. a 5 week variance is huge, and a little hard to plan around.

As for when we'll stop accepting *new* pledges, I don't have an answer. But we did need everybody's order to be finalized, and now we're ridiculously close (still right about 100 to go) and that's close enough to have already delivered final numbers for the first order (about 3 days after the last update begging for more pledges to lock in - we dropped from about 1,000 people missing pledges to just over 200 in that 3 day period). Until we have 100% of backers completed, we cannot remove the ability to log in and lock in your pledge. It might even happen that the RPM might not be allowed to be taken down, because of it's utility as an address manager.

I'm told that production in China is moving along very well, and we have asked them to please take pictures of the boxes and boxes of minis that have already been finished. There's over 4.7 MILLION miniatures that were locked in, and over the just about 300 figures we're making, we are getting over 5.5 MILLION figures from China. We're overbuying, so that we have figures to sell to your store, to their distributor, on our website, at conventions, and for people who might order this bundle while it's available.

I'm not trying to sound defensive or aggressive, but I'm not quite sure whether you're simply asking a question, or are upset that yes, at this time the RPM would allow a new sign up to get the Vampire set for a 50% markup, and that I do not have a date when that ability will go away.
  • morari, klawzie, SilverRowan and 5 others like this

bryan@reapermini.com This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

#15 Rico

Rico

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:10 AM

Oohhh can't wait to place these on the table for our 2e campaign! I hope they start shipping soon :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users