• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ObsidianCrane

ObsidianCrane

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2991 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:41 AM

This one goes out to Buglips (even if it is an elf ;))

I'm not sure of the company, probably Ral Partha, but I am sure of the sculptor; Tom Meier.

I have one other elf from this range that I need to finish some time in the coming months/weeks, but he is pretty far back in the current queue (at least until I pull him forward).

2012-02-10 05.01.19.jpg 2012-02-10 05.01.46.jpg
2012-02-10 05.01.36.jpg 2012-02-10 05.02.01.jpg
Daily Encounter - Dungeons and Dragons 4E content for players and DMs.
Me in Reaper's Inspiration Gallery

#2 72moonglum

72moonglum

Godlike

• Members
  • 1071 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:03 AM

I have one other elf from this range that I need to finish some time in the coming months/weeks, but he is pretty far back in the current queue (at least until I pull him forward).

Pull him forward! Pull him forward! For the love of god, pull him forward! Beautiful old figure (I too am a Partha addict) and I really like the color you used for his jerkin.

This is one of the "Citadel Crossover" elves, that I think Tom sculpted for Citadel originally but then got sold by Ral Partha as well. There's a few elves in this little series, that come on foot and a mounted version as well. There were some troglodytes out there as well in this little series.

http://www.miniature...del_Crossovers)

Beautiful job!

a little gallery of my old and new painted miniatures found at:  www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=User:Antautunut

#3 ObsidianCrane

ObsidianCrane

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2991 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:22 AM

The other one I have is 01-309 Esgalduin, Sea Elf Guardian, (infantry) though he isn't getting Sea Elf treatment from me.

I think I have/had a mounted Fealor that was on Staridrim's horse as well but that may be gone in house moves :(

I have 01-303 Greater Troglodyte Guardians with Halberds as well which might one day get some love again, but as fully painted models that I'm ok with for tabletop use that's a long way away.

Anyway I have moved Esgalduin forward in my queue, but there are still 10 or so minis in front of him; but he will get some brush time now and may jump the queue :)
  • klyons99 likes this
Daily Encounter - Dungeons and Dragons 4E content for players and DMs.
Me in Reaper's Inspiration Gallery

#4 joshuaslater

joshuaslater

CareBear

• Bones Supporter
  • 6466 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:42 AM

Dig!! I've a few of the Troglodytes I want to paint up. I'm always on the hunt for them on fleabay.
A miniature venture of mine: http://www.cauldronbornminiatures.com

#5 CashWiley

CashWiley

Great Old One (With Bow)

• 7394 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:20 AM

Speaking of old minis...

Posted Image

Only about half painted by me, back in the 90s. Three were painted by the guy who taught me in the 90s, the rest painted (also by him, and his brother) in the 80s.

Anyway, the Meier elf in the middle (I think it's a sea elf with axe) /might/ be my first mini. It was so long ago I forget exactly which one it was. I bought my first mini in 79 or 80, so it's tough to pin down which it was.
The Wily Brush: Man vs Paint
Project Index
Proud member of Corporea's Corps, Mocha's Minions and Pixel's Posse
Former member of the CashWiley Fan Club
Posted Image

#6 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Emperor of The Moon

• Forum Mascot
  • 11599 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:16 AM

He's a Partha*, I recognize him. I'd have to look up a catalog to give him a number ID, though.

Old School! *fistbump*

Nice work.

*To add to what 72moonglum posted about the Citadel connection, this guy probably saw blister duty as a "Ral Partha Import" - as well as regular blister duty in one of the Partha lines.

If there's any logic behind how they worked that system, I've yet to find it. I've seen things in Import blisters that were never associated with any outside line, and stuff in Partha blisters that weren't even Parthas (you'll find an occassional RAFM blistered this way, actually).

Perhaps all along it was a C'Thulhu madness plot.
Oi! Jump leads!

#7 72moonglum

72moonglum

Godlike

• Members
  • 1071 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

The other one I have is 01-309 Esgalduin, Sea Elf Guardian, (infantry) though he isn't getting Sea Elf treatment from me.

I think I have/had a mounted Fealor that was on Staridrim's horse as well but that may be gone in house moves :(

I have 01-303 Greater Troglodyte Guardians with Halberds as well which might one day get some love again, but as fully painted models that I'm ok with for tabletop use that's a long way away.

Anyway I have moved Esgalduin forward in my queue, but there are still 10 or so minis in front of him; but he will get some brush time now and may jump the queue :)

Thanks very much for moving him forward! Ten minis from now still sounds like way far away. I hope you paint quicker than I do! As slow as I am, ten minis for me would be four five months.....

a little gallery of my old and new painted miniatures found at:  www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=User:Antautunut

#8 72moonglum

72moonglum

Godlike

• Members
  • 1071 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:48 PM

Speaking of old minis...

Posted Image

Only about half painted by me, back in the 90s. Three were painted by the guy who taught me in the 90s, the rest painted (also by him, and his brother) in the 80s.

Anyway, the Meier elf in the middle (I think it's a sea elf with axe) /might/ be my first mini. It was so long ago I forget exactly which one it was. I bought my first mini in 79 or 80, so it's tough to pin down which it was.

Ah, some beautiful old classics of yore! Way back in the day the Grenadier elf on the way right used to be one of my old D&D characters and the halfling there with the javelin is from the first box of miniatures I (or actually my parents) ever bought. I reocgnize just about everything there except that blue dragon and the red creature with the snake tail..

#9 CashWiley

CashWiley

Great Old One (With Bow)

• 7394 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:43 PM

Most weapons are obviously long gone. That salamadertaur dude had a cool staff sword thing, iirc. Hard to believe some of those minis are over 30 years old now.
The Wily Brush: Man vs Paint
Project Index
Proud member of Corporea's Corps, Mocha's Minions and Pixel's Posse
Former member of the CashWiley Fan Club
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Elf, Axe, Shield

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users