Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ObsidianCrane

Elf from the 80's

9 posts in this topic

This one goes out to Buglips (even if it is an elf ;))

I'm not sure of the company, probably Ral Partha, but I am sure of the sculptor; Tom Meier.

I have one other elf from this range that I need to finish some time in the coming months/weeks, but he is pretty far back in the current queue (at least until I pull him forward).

post-7660-0-79338500-1351248087_thumb.jpgpost-7660-0-66839600-1351248101_thumb.jpg

post-7660-0-77478100-1351248095_thumb.jpgpost-7660-0-86560500-1351248105.jpg

I have one other elf from this range that I need to finish some time in the coming months/weeks, but he is pretty far back in the current queue (at least until I pull him forward).

Pull him forward! Pull him forward! For the love of god, pull him forward! Beautiful old figure (I too am a Partha addict) and I really like the color you used for his jerkin.

This is one of the "Citadel Crossover" elves, that I think Tom sculpted for Citadel originally but then got sold by Ral Partha as well. There's a few elves in this little series, that come on foot and a mounted version as well. There were some troglodytes out there as well in this little series.

http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=Personalities_%28Citadel_Crossovers%29

Beautiful job!

The other one I have is 01-309 Esgalduin, Sea Elf Guardian, (infantry) though he isn't getting Sea Elf treatment from me.

I think I have/had a mounted Fealor that was on Staridrim's horse as well but that may be gone in house moves :(

I have 01-303 Greater Troglodyte Guardians with Halberds as well which might one day get some love again, but as fully painted models that I'm ok with for tabletop use that's a long way away.

Anyway I have moved Esgalduin forward in my queue, but there are still 10 or so minis in front of him; but he will get some brush time now and may jump the queue :)

1 person likes this

Dig!! I've a few of the Troglodytes I want to paint up. I'm always on the hunt for them on fleabay.

Speaking of old minis...

Leadminis.jpg

Only about half painted by me, back in the 90s. Three were painted by the guy who taught me in the 90s, the rest painted (also by him, and his brother) in the 80s.

Anyway, the Meier elf in the middle (I think it's a sea elf with axe) /might/ be my first mini. It was so long ago I forget exactly which one it was. I bought my first mini in 79 or 80, so it's tough to pin down which it was.

1 person likes this

He's a Partha*, I recognize him. I'd have to look up a catalog to give him a number ID, though.

Old School! *fistbump*

Nice work.

*To add to what 72moonglum posted about the Citadel connection, this guy probably saw blister duty as a "Ral Partha Import" - as well as regular blister duty in one of the Partha lines.

If there's any logic behind how they worked that system, I've yet to find it. I've seen things in Import blisters that were never associated with any outside line, and stuff in Partha blisters that weren't even Parthas (you'll find an occassional RAFM blistered this way, actually).

Perhaps all along it was a C'Thulhu madness plot.

2 people like this

The other one I have is 01-309 Esgalduin, Sea Elf Guardian, (infantry) though he isn't getting Sea Elf treatment from me.

I think I have/had a mounted Fealor that was on Staridrim's horse as well but that may be gone in house moves :(

I have 01-303 Greater Troglodyte Guardians with Halberds as well which might one day get some love again, but as fully painted models that I'm ok with for tabletop use that's a long way away.

Anyway I have moved Esgalduin forward in my queue, but there are still 10 or so minis in front of him; but he will get some brush time now and may jump the queue :)

Thanks very much for moving him forward! Ten minis from now still sounds like way far away. I hope you paint quicker than I do! As slow as I am, ten minis for me would be four five months.....

Speaking of old minis...

Leadminis.jpg

Only about half painted by me, back in the 90s. Three were painted by the guy who taught me in the 90s, the rest painted (also by him, and his brother) in the 80s.

Anyway, the Meier elf in the middle (I think it's a sea elf with axe) /might/ be my first mini. It was so long ago I forget exactly which one it was. I bought my first mini in 79 or 80, so it's tough to pin down which it was.

Ah, some beautiful old classics of yore! Way back in the day the Grenadier elf on the way right used to be one of my old D&D characters and the halfling there with the javelin is from the first box of miniatures I (or actually my parents) ever bought. I reocgnize just about everything there except that blue dragon and the red creature with the snake tail..

Most weapons are obviously long gone. That salamadertaur dude had a cool staff sword thing, iirc. Hard to believe some of those minis are over 30 years old now.