17 replies to this topic

#1 greyhaze

greyhaze

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 641 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:39 AM

Hi Folks,

A lot of people came to check out our first miniatures KickStarter and felt that it was far too complex. We're asking folks to come back and take a second look as we've basically overhauled the entire campaign.

Tidal Wave KickStarter

I know there is another thread floating around which our old campaign was mentioned in, but I just wanted to start a fresh thread for those that might be skipping over the old thread.

The biggest news is; thanks to our new reputable manufacturer we are able to lower our goal, which should mean we're able to achieve said goal much more easily. We've done away with exact shipping, and incorporated flat rates (except with one particular pledge level intended for small orders). Most importantly, we've done away with the Credit System and simplified as much as we could, while leaving everything as customizable as possible.

As the campaign goes on we will be adding more pledge levels, but we have 2 that we want to mention upfront.

DIY'r TIDAL WAVE :: For people that like to paint their own minis we have the $15 Two Fer One which gets you a full unpainted set of Tidal Wave as a bonus just for ordering a full unpainted set! This is 16 minis for $15.

TIDAL WAVE :: For people, like me, that like everything already pre-painted we have the $25 "buy what you want" and get a free set of all 8 alternate painted Tidal Wave minis as a bonus! This is a minimum of 16 pre-painted minis for $25.

The launch centralizes around a nautical theme, but as the campaign goes on we plan to branch out in to various other themes. The next two sets have already been revealed in our updates.

Update #1

If you're into print n play games, we also have our FREE downloadable Dungeon Crawler Labyrinth game as part of our campaign. There's also our fantasy story mode expandible card game which we have on special until the end of Halloween.

Update #3

Thanks for taking the time to read this. :)
calm_100x100.jpg

#2 Frankthedm

Frankthedm

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 3198 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:57 AM

I'll bite on the 2 sets of unpainted for 15 & shipping.

Never mind, just realized the only option that gets [actual shipping+$2] is the leather bag option. If it really takes them $15 to ship 16 minis, I'll invest elsewhere. If the second set is supposed to offset shipping, that should be said in the offer.

"Life gives you lemons you make lemonade, Life gives you whales... whale burgers." -Cadaver

#3 greyhaze

greyhaze

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 641 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:00 PM

There's 2 huge minis +14 other miniatures in the $15 pledge.

In our original campaign we had customized shipping for all of our backers, but people wanted to know what they were spending in advance, so we created flat rate shipping. To prevent over complexity to the shipping process we created two rates, which includes the cost of materials and fulfillment.
calm_100x100.jpg

#4 Slendertroll

Slendertroll

Eternal Scout

• Bones Supporter
  • 2066 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:54 PM

Yeah, $15 for 16 figs was really tempting, but I'm not quite sure I can justify $30, unfortunately.
"The universe is probably littered with the one-planet graves of cultures which made the sensible economic decision that there's no good reason to go into space--each discovered, studied, and remembered by the ones who made the irrational decision."
-Randall Munroe, xkcd

Grinnell College '16

#5 Frankthedm

Frankthedm

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 3198 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:31 PM

In our original campaign we had customized shipping for all of our backers, but people wanted to know what they were spending in advance, so we created flat rate shipping. To prevent over complexity to the shipping process we created two rates,

Except when I look over the kickstarter page for DCM:TWR, the customized shipping is only mentioned applying to the Leather bag level.

"Life gives you lemons you make lemonade, Life gives you whales... whale burgers." -Cadaver

#6 greyhaze

greyhaze

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 641 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:36 PM

Well, if you're not in to the huge minis - which are the bulk of the weight/size, $10 in the leather bag could net you the other 7 minis, and you get custom shipping.

edit :: The reason we put customized shipping on the Leather Bag was because a very clear point was made that it was unreasonable to charge $15 for 1 miniature. So customized shipping was actually an after thought correction to the campaign.

I feel that 8 quality miniatures which include transparent plastic and a huge figure is well worth $15. Another way to look at it would be; you get 2 Sets (16 miniatures) for $30 with free shipping.

Unfortunately, for us, the reality is that the $15 shipping is going towards shipping, materials and fulfillment costs.

A comparison - 1 pre-painted huge mini from Pathfinder is $25 MSRP - blind (you don't see what you get, you buy a booster).
calm_100x100.jpg

#7 Evermore414

Evermore414

Mostly Harmless

• Bones Supporter
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:04 PM

I would consider this kickstarter but I'm not really interested in doubles of these pirates. If we could instead spend the money on some of the existing minis or on some of the minis that are planned to come out I would go for this. For the time being though, I'm going to have to pass.

#8 zoroaster100

zoroaster100

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 585 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:22 PM

I pledged because I like the minis in the first set and am hopefull the campaign will also achieve at least the second goal to further open the options of minis to get for the pledge.
  • greyhaze likes this

#9 Mistwalker

Mistwalker

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 332 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

I have pledged.
I can always find a use for sailors/pirates/dockworkers/riverboat men/etc...

I am curious about how they compare bones for quality and bendiness.

So, I have ordered some, and once they come in, I will take pictures of them beside some bones so that everyone can compare them.
  • greyhaze likes this

#10 Corporea

Corporea

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1970 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:22 AM

I still love the tidal wave. I need a water elemental to go with my fire elementals. ::):
  • greyhaze likes this
oh, you mean I can put stuff here?  cool!  now to think of something...

#11 Taley

Taley

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:38 AM

I pledged $100, which gets me 6 full sets (in 2 paint schemes). 6 Huge tidal waves is the makings for a TPK, so although my players don't realize it they are hoping that this KS gets to some stretch goals so they don't have to role up new characters (instead every other encounter will be a flock of Perytons!) Is it flock of Perytons? Murder of Perytons? Does anyone know the name for a grouping of Perytons?

So, save my PCs, make a pledge!
  • greyhaze likes this

#12 greyhaze

greyhaze

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 641 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:03 AM

With two weeks to go we're almost half way to our enormous goal. We'd like people to take another look at what we have to offer. http://kck.st/VrcxY0
calm_100x100.jpg

#13 greyhaze

greyhaze

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 641 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

Wow, just got a huge surprise - Larry Elmore just backed us! That's like awesomesauce!
calm_100x100.jpg

#14 dariustad

dariustad

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 340 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

Imagine Larry painting one of the water elementals.

#15 greyhaze

greyhaze

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 641 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

That would be pure awesome. *swoon* :)

I would love to see an actual painting of a water elemental by him (I don't recall seeing something like that from his collections).
calm_100x100.jpg

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dungeon Crawler, Kickstarter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users