Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Metalchaos

Halloween 2012 "Treating the threat"

7 posts in this topic

As we approach the Halloween night, howling creatures are gathering attracted by the stench of death.

Here is the modular diorama I’ve prepared for the Halloween. All models can be moved on the base to create different battle scenes.

The monsters are 02282 Ghoul Warrior by Bob Ridolfi, 02941 Ghouls and Ghast by Ben Siens and 02943 Festering Spirit by Jason Wiebe. I equipped this last one with the Flail of Pestilence. This custom built weapon was created using; the wooden stick P14106C included in the Dark Maiden sprue to make the handle, the chains are P14472D from Razig Weapons Pack, the skull is P02611A from the skulls pack and the poisoned blades are daggers from the 02871 Wererats. I had kept these daggers after switching the lycanthropes weapon for axes.

The heroes are 02386 Boris Mingla sculpted by Werner Klocke & 02938 Boris the Evil Fighter by Bobby Jackson converted with a 02899b Death knight shield. I modified his sword to make him hold it upwards and added hair on their bald heads. The tombstone are 03122d & 03274b.

I hope you'll enjoy it, happy Halloween!

post-5669-0-52774300-1351443265_thumb.jpg

post-5669-0-65075700-1351443270_thumb.jpg

post-5669-0-28921000-1351444381_thumb.jpg

post-5669-0-39441400-1351444385_thumb.jpg

post-5669-0-07589700-1351444393_thumb.jpg

post-5669-0-30127600-1351444397_thumb.jpg

post-5669-0-17571000-1351443359.jpg

3 people like this

I think I'm most impressed by the amount of work you put into the tombstones, something most people would have half-assed.

And that custom built flail is...wow. Just Wow!

1 person likes this

You killed it. I'm floored.

And that custom built flail is...wow. Just Wow!

Thanks! I'm glad you like that.

You've been posting pics of these completed minis for the last couple months and it's great to see how your overall diorama came together! I think the birch trees were an especially nice touch.

1 person likes this

@ LiquidLimn & Adrift Thanks!

Oh! There's more of them over here.

post-5669-0-96393300-1351546618_thumb.jpg

They will know the power of my sword!

post-5669-0-35262600-1351546622_thumb.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By vegascat
      I finished my current semester of school a few weeks ago and wanted to ease back into painting with something simple and something from my shelf of shame.  I'm not real pleased with the highlights on the cloak, overall I'm happy with him as he ended up in a nice muted tone.  Feedback welcome and wanted.

• By Silvervane
      Well after watching @Rahz paint up some of his Black Plague Abominations, I decided I wanted to get started on mine.  So I though I'd gather up a WIP of my Journey through all the Zombicide Abominations.  

Modern: Season 1, Toxic CIty
      Black Plague: Core (x2), Wolfsburg (x2),Rat, Alpha, Troll, Blob, and Minotaur

I decided to start with the Core BP set Abominations.  I also wanted to try out my scale 75 F&G Unnatural Skin set.  So here is where I begun.

• By Cyradis
      I do declare her pretty much done. She's done unless I have a midnight burst of "oh my gosh I must fix that thing". 

Not 100% happy with the chain, but I got it looking formidable so that's good. Not 100% happy with the hair. Highlighting just looked too cheesy, so I kept tweaking it overly. Mostly happy with her face; I got the character of it down well, but refinement is an ongoing struggle. 

Very happy with her red shoulder pad and trim. Fairly happy with the shading on the metals, but I could still improve. 

Other annoying thing: I literally cannot get enough decent lights to get good photography where I live. This is better than me taking pictures with a bunch of paint bottles around, but not like what I used to be able to set up at my old apartment. This house has atrocious lighting to begin, the lamps bulbs are too yellow, and when I do put in a nice bulb, the darn lamp has too short of a cord to reach any area that could be used for photography. The best I might be able to do is surround the area between the kitchen and the table with lamps, on the floor. And that would be in the way of my roommates and kinda gross. So I used daylight, despite the big ol' shadow, and my wimpy otlite (not bright enough alone). 

Enough kvetching, onward to pictures! Rip her to shreds! 

If you know of a way that I could get better pics without spending a ton on lamps, that would be awesome! 
    • By dusty
      Sent this out about 3 weeks ago. Tracking said received so posting photos here. Wish my photos picked up the greenish ghoul skin tones better as it appears to blend with the bone tones but looks a bit better in person.  Also there is dirt / grit on the skeleton that didn't pick up well either.  Nonetheless, I was fairly pleased.  

• By Loim
      So, this may seem to be an odd question, and it probably is. In terms of standard fantasy RPGs like D&D, AD&D, Pathfinder, and OSR what really differentiates a zombie from a skeleton in terms of undeath? Is it just that it has skin where a skeleton does not. So if a zombie loses all of its skin does it then become a skeleton? A variant zombie? 
  • Who's Online   20 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)