Sign in to follow this  
Metalchaos

Halloween 2012 "Treating the threat"

As we approach the Halloween night, howling creatures are gathering attracted by the stench of death.

Here is the modular diorama I’ve prepared for the Halloween. All models can be moved on the base to create different battle scenes.

The monsters are 02282 Ghoul Warrior by Bob Ridolfi, 02941 Ghouls and Ghast by Ben Siens and 02943 Festering Spirit by Jason Wiebe. I equipped this last one with the Flail of Pestilence. This custom built weapon was created using; the wooden stick P14106C included in the Dark Maiden sprue to make the handle, the chains are P14472D from Razig Weapons Pack, the skull is P02611A from the skulls pack and the poisoned blades are daggers from the 02871 Wererats. I had kept these daggers after switching the lycanthropes weapon for axes.

The heroes are 02386 Boris Mingla sculpted by Werner Klocke & 02938 Boris the Evil Fighter by Bobby Jackson converted with a 02899b Death knight shield. I modified his sword to make him hold it upwards and added hair on their bald heads. The tombstone are 03122d & 03274b.

I hope you'll enjoy it, happy Halloween!

post-5669-0-52774300-1351443265_thumb.jpg

post-5669-0-65075700-1351443270_thumb.jpg

post-5669-0-28921000-1351444381_thumb.jpg

post-5669-0-39441400-1351444385_thumb.jpg

post-5669-0-07589700-1351444393_thumb.jpg

post-5669-0-30127600-1351444397_thumb.jpg

post-5669-0-17571000-1351443359.jpg

• Like 3

I think I'm most impressed by the amount of work you put into the tombstones, something most people would have half-assed.

And that custom built flail is...wow. Just Wow!

• Like 1

You've been posting pics of these completed minis for the last couple months and it's great to see how your overall diorama came together! I think the birch trees were an especially nice touch.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Joe the Revelator
      Howdy Reaper! I haven't posted in a very, very long time, so I figured I'd get back in touch with my mini painting roots. Last night I finished my kitbash fighter. I wanted to try making a weaponmaster (great weapons) with swappable weapon parts. With magnets. The answer is always magnets.

With the exception of a few oversize weapons from old warhammer variants I had rattling around in my scraps bin, the Reaper minis I savaged for this project were: 77382: Vernone, Ivy Crown Knight, 03447: Weapons Pack 7, and 60113: Technic League Captain.

And yes. I made fun screaming sounds under my breath when I detached their heads with my wire cutters.

Magnets were socketed with super-glue.

Plumber's putty for the base, with flat metal inserts for the magnets. Although, on reflection, Greenstuff would have been less crumbly.

My base coat was yellow (not show) so it would have a slight sepia bleed-through. I washed with a black mix, mostly water, so he would look grungy. Very grungy.

And lastly, the weapons (which affix to the raw metal shards at the base) are differentiated by having brass parts. All the other weapons (static parts) are from the assortment pack.

It's all about the accessories, right?

Anyway, thank you Reaper for being awesome and having so many great models, although I'm slightly sad I cut the head off a Bobby Jackson sculpture (that's why I bought 2!) And thanks to the painters here who showed me everything I know. I'm still growing.

Warm Regards,

Joe
    • By dmpv01
      AKA Dorva Shinystab Strongface

• By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      I remember that the first Imbrian Arts KS had a lot of issues and delays, but I don't know whether it was eventually sorted out or not so if any previous backers have any info it would be worth speaking up.

The minis look good though
    • By GodOfCheese
      Mold lines, it seems, are my weakness.  Fortunately, this model, which I absolutely love, had lots of wrinkly bits that I could use to try and hide them.  :-)

• By Chris Palmer
      I finished my Damaris Walmund, Duskwarden, yesterday. I painted her to look Elf-like, since she will be joining my Ghost Archipelago all-Elf crew in the role of a Hunter. I'm really pleased with this one; it's about as good as I can manage.
         The jacket is Folk Art Color Shift paint, which turned out pretty neat as a pearly metallic, but I don't see much color shifting in it.    I tried for a strawberry blond on the hair, but it ended up going more pinkish; not that that's a bad thing. 
         Her face was a challenge, particularly the way the vest collar partially obscures part of the mouth and the hair partially overhangs the eyes.  For some reason painting parts of things is harder than painting the whole...   And I noticed in the photos that here's a little bleb of dark paint over her left eye.  Oh, well, consider it a birthmark, as I am not going back in and repairing it at this point and risk messing up the whole thing! 

On the base, I attempted to blend her integral cobbled base into a grassy surrounding by adding some loose cobbles around it, cut from a bit of Bones sprue, as if it was part of some ruined floor for path and slowly breaking apart.

• Who's Online   41 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)