Sign in to follow this  

Halloween 2012 "Treating the threat"

As we approach the Halloween night, howling creatures are gathering attracted by the stench of death.

Here is the modular diorama I’ve prepared for the Halloween. All models can be moved on the base to create different battle scenes.

The monsters are 02282 Ghoul Warrior by Bob Ridolfi, 02941 Ghouls and Ghast by Ben Siens and 02943 Festering Spirit by Jason Wiebe. I equipped this last one with the Flail of Pestilence. This custom built weapon was created using; the wooden stick P14106C included in the Dark Maiden sprue to make the handle, the chains are P14472D from Razig Weapons Pack, the skull is P02611A from the skulls pack and the poisoned blades are daggers from the 02871 Wererats. I had kept these daggers after switching the lycanthropes weapon for axes.

The heroes are 02386 Boris Mingla sculpted by Werner Klocke & 02938 Boris the Evil Fighter by Bobby Jackson converted with a 02899b Death knight shield. I modified his sword to make him hold it upwards and added hair on their bald heads. The tombstone are 03122d & 03274b.

I hope you'll enjoy it, happy Halloween!

• Like 3

I think I'm most impressed by the amount of work you put into the tombstones, something most people would have half-assed.

And that custom built flail is...wow. Just Wow!

• Like 1

You've been posting pics of these completed minis for the last couple months and it's great to see how your overall diorama came together! I think the birch trees were an especially nice touch.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By buglips*the*goblin
      Want more WIP threads like this one?  Check these out!
      01614 Con Crud 
      02818 Bugbear Warrior
      02017 Scorpius Rex Dracus
      07001 Rictus the Undying (Dungeon Dwellers)
      07002 Baran Blacktree (Dungeon Dwellers)
      Hello again, friends and neighbours! 
      Several years ago, after the Bones I kickstarter, I made a thread to help people who had just signed up for a ridiculous amount of Bones minis get used to painting and encourage them to just jump right on in!  This thread was even more successful than I thought and, much to my astonishment, brings new people to our hobby even today.  I thought it was time for a fresh update that might be just as helpful, and maybe give us something to point new people to when they first decide to pick up a brush and become One of Us.
      Often when new people come by and have no idea where to start, the first general question is: what are your aims and requirements?  This basically breaks down to: do you need pieces done for a game, or do you want to paint just to paint?  The idea behind this WIP is to give us something to show people the difference in practice.  So with the able assistance of Guindyloo, I will be painting Thanis in my usual fast-but-decent method and she will show us how nice things can be when you spend some time on them. 
      There are, of course, many ways to paint a mini so this thread is just an example of our present working methods and by no means serve as the only way to do it, or the final word on the matter.  Those of you just joining our hobby may have your own ideas about how to do things, and by all means you should use your own best judgment!  All we do here is just give you some things to think about.
      So on to the mini you came in here to see, and I hope this thread proves useful! 
      Here's my Thanis, fresh from her blister pack:

• By 72moonglum
      So I recently posted Rozmina, the Half-Orc Pirate from Derek Schubert.  Here is the other half-orc I was working on at the same time, but as this one had a lot more going on with armor and such, he took quite a while longer.  

Really cool mini sculpted by Bob Olley around 2003, large figure, good heft to him.  the only frustrating part on this one was the chainmail and trying to get all the paint into all those little holes, and I can see some spots where it didn't work quite like I wanted it to.  Also what color would you guys call his metals that aren't "steel" colored?  Referring to the hilt, the belt buckle, and that heart looking thing protecting his manly parts?
    • By Darius Glenwell
      Another quick 2 hour job for some tabletop gaming. 

• By Darius Glenwell
      One of the quick commissions I picked up at Con of the North 2 weeks ago. 
      Only 2 hours on her, so nothing super special. Though it is the 2nd time I've painted her. 

• By paintybeard
      One day this will be a diorama with some archaeologists.  One day...

• Who's Online   25 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)