joshuaslater

Hurricane Sandy

I'm sitting out the hurricane, trying to stay safe, and reorganize the pewter mountain. To all those in the path of the hurricane, stay safe.

• Like 1

Been pretty boring here considering all the hype. Worst is supposed to pass over us in about a half hour, and will last for about 1.5 to 2 hours. If I was a little closer to the shore I'd probably worry since we're in a full moon high tide situation right now so the storm surge should be pretty damn impressive.

I'm actually looking at going out for Paint Night at my friend's house, but I'm bringing a battery-powered lamp with, just in case. Our impact from the storm has been minimal thus far; lots of rain, not much wind, not many folks without power. Flooding seems to be under control.

We're sending several cable techs up there to help out with storm damage. I also saw a line of 50 Power Company trucks headed north in a caravan.

Help is on the way!

-Dave

Some friends sent awesome pix from New York City.

We're safely out of it, but goodluck to you east coasters.

Lovin the desert right now. My wife has family out there so we're pray'n for them and all of you guys who're stuck out there.

EDIT: not to be insensitive.... but i'm damn glad the Bones shipments come in from the West Coast. don't they?

We all want our Bones minis!! It looks like the shore communities have been hit the hardest. In Philly we've had a few trees come down, but so far. so good.

• Like 1

Our power (& thus internet) was down for about 4 hours, so I took a nap.

It is back on now, and I've checked everything I wanted to, and am going to finish another book (number 5 for the day).

On the up side, last year's Halloween Blizzard broke some of our trees but the pieces never fell, until today's winds.

On the down side, the neighbor's ugly fence is still standing.

• Like 1

The wind got here about an hour ago. So far no problems, but I'm also hundreds of miles inland and don't have to worry about storm surge.

One good thing about living in the butt-barren side of Oregon, no hurricanes, no tornadoes.

I have a friend who has a house on the Jersey coastline, so hopefully she is ok tonight thou.

Stay safe East Coasters!!

We're pretty much done here. Bit of rain. Bit of wind. No damage to the house, yard or property. Really a bit of a boor. Light barely flickered.

• Like 1

Feeling the impact in GA for sure. Even though it's only late October, Steve had to put on long pants to go outside.

But seriously, I hope everybody fares alright through this.

• Like 1

I see it's crossing into Ohio this evening, and I'm wondering if it will make it this far west. We need the rain.