• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 joshuaslater

joshuaslater

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 6233 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:16 PM

I'm sitting out the hurricane, trying to stay safe, and reorganize the pewter mountain. To all those in the path of the hurricane, stay safe.
  • Girot likes this
A miniature venture of mine: http://www.cauldronbornminiatures.com

#2 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 14210 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

Been pretty boring here considering all the hype. Worst is supposed to pass over us in about a half hour, and will last for about 1.5 to 2 hours. If I was a little closer to the shore I'd probably worry since we're in a full moon high tide situation right now so the storm surge should be pretty damn impressive.

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

#3 Last Knight

Last Knight

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Bones Supporter
  • 3684 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:50 PM

I'm actually looking at going out for Paint Night at my friend's house, but I'm bringing a battery-powered lamp with, just in case. Our impact from the storm has been minimal thus far; lots of rain, not much wind, not many folks without power. Flooding seems to be under control.
Happiness is just a word to me
And it might have meant a thing or two
If I'd known the difference
Emptiness, a lonely parody
And my life, another smokin' gun
A sign of my indifference...

-Seatbelts, "Gotta Knock A Little Harder"

I pretty much agree with everything that Last Knight said.

#4 dispatchdave

dispatchdave

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1345 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:53 PM

We're sending several cable techs up there to help out with storm damage. I also saw a line of 50 Power Company trucks headed north in a caravan.

Help is on the way!

-Dave

Be a gentleman. It is charming and infuriating, respectively, to exactly the people you want it to be.

My brain is not sick, my brain just is. And sometimes I need a little help to function in a society not designed for my cognition.

-http://wolvensnother...-the-brain?og=1

Hirst Arts Molds: 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 50, 54, 56, 57, 58, 59, 61, 80, 85, 201, 202, 230, 235, 240, 245, 250

#5 Pingo

Pingo

Godlike

• Members
  • 4475 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:10 PM

Some friends sent awesome pix from New York City.

We're safely out of it, but goodluck to you east coasters.

Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.
-- Terry Pratchett

"Any sufficiently advanced technology you don't understand is indistinguishable from magic you don't understand."
-- Richard Garfinkle

"All alternate histories produce zeppelins."
-- Ken Hite's Law

#6 Girot

Girot

Drunk Bacon God

• Bones Supporter
  • 3229 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:15 PM

Lovin the desert right now. My wife has family out there so we're pray'n for them and all of you guys who're stuck out there.

EDIT: not to be insensitive.... but i'm damn glad the Bones shipments come in from the West Coast. don't they?
Active Events: Lysette | Dragons 2013 | Bad Boys | TMBG 2014 | WX14 | RC Songs |
Click this link to my gallery! I need the hits! ::P: | 2014 Painted Miniatures/Models: 23

#7 joshuaslater

joshuaslater

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 6233 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:40 PM

We all want our Bones minis!! It looks like the shore communities have been hit the hardest. In Philly we've had a few trees come down, but so far. so good.
  • Girot likes this
A miniature venture of mine: http://www.cauldronbornminiatures.com

#8 ladystorm

ladystorm

Reaper Mom

• 7121 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:51 PM

Our power (& thus internet) was down for about 4 hours, so I took a nap.

It is back on now, and I've checked everything I wanted to, and am going to finish another book (number 5 for the day).

On the up side, last year's Halloween Blizzard broke some of our trees but the pieces never fell, until today's winds.
On the down side, the neighbor's ugly fence is still standing.
  • Shakandara likes this

April is Autism Awareness Month

Efficiency is intelligent laziness.

#9 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 14210 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

The fence just needs some timely sapping.
  • Girot likes this

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

#10 klawzie

klawzie

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 569 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:23 PM

Stay safe, you guys. :x

#11 Jen

Jen

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 599 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

The wind got here about an hour ago. So far no problems, but I'm also hundreds of miles inland and don't have to worry about storm surge.

2014 Stats: 14 painted, 21 purchased. 14/2 - 21 = -14

My painting blog: http://minipainterjen.blogspot.com/

#12 haldir

haldir

I Don't Look Like My Avatar

• Bones Supporter
  • 12423 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

One good thing about living in the butt-barren side of Oregon, no hurricanes, no tornadoes.

I have a friend who has a house on the Jersey coastline, so hopefully she is ok tonight thou.

Stay safe East Coasters!!
Posted Image Posted Image Oh what the hell-- Posted Image

ReaperCon goer since 2005!

"The Road Goes Ever On......

"Lop that mutt's nards off spike! " orcsoul

#13 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 14210 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:06 PM

We're pretty much done here. Bit of rain. Bit of wind. No damage to the house, yard or property. Really a bit of a boor. Light barely flickered.
  • Last Knight likes this

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543

- Argentee

#14 Spike

Spike

Goddess of Cupcakes and Cute Orcs

• Black Lightning
  • 6916 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:53 PM

Feeling the impact in GA for sure. Even though it's only late October, Steve had to put on long pants to go outside.

But seriously, I hope everybody fares alright through this.
  • dispatchdave likes this

linkmeg.gif
Aio, quantitas magna caseus est!

http://28mmtheatre.blogspot.com/

#15 Inarah

Inarah

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 3884 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

I see it's crossing into Ohio this evening, and I'm wondering if it will make it this far west. We need the rain.
~It's not broken.... it's a conversion. ~

"I got my brother and his six year old hooked last week. They were soon back at the friendly local for more. Starts with a cute lil unicorn, next thing you're onto griffins and purple worms." ~ Carnacki the Ghost Finder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users