Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ObsidianCrane

November Painting

24 posts in this topic

Well continuing my "collect the month's painting all in one place" theme of threads time to get cracking with November.

Miniatures without a link are in this thread.

Reaper Miniatures

P02870A Little Angel

03373: Sindolise, Hellborn Sorceress

P14041B Dark Fairy

02315: Lizard Man

02242: Ian MacAndrew

Other Manufacturers

Citadel: Half-Orc Cleric-Thief

Citadel: Half-Orc Thief

Citadel: River Troll

GW: Death Cult Assassin

GW: Skeletal Lizardman (with Harlequin Norman round shield)

GW: Skeletal Skink

Ironwind Metals: Witch of Selene

Red Box Games: Nether Beast

Red Box Games: Lesser Infernal

WotC: (D&D 88301) Kobold with Crossbow (x5 the spear versions were done last month)

WotC: (Plastic) Minotaur Rogue

WotC: (D&D 88284) Lizard Folk

WotC: (D&D 88288) Troglodyte with Spear

This is another of the Citadel (GW) adventurer miniatures from back in the mid to late 80's. The first of 4 half-orc miniatures that I have at the front of my queue (along with a certain Ral Partha Import elf and the Reaper L2PK4 Barbarian).

This miniature was really annoying to photograph, he either ended up too dark, or his face and other pale areas over-exposed. Now I didn't break out the camera for these 2 photos as I was only aiming for tabletop standard for him so these are adequate for showing off the work.

post-7660-0-30644600-1351774205.jpgpost-7660-0-18036000-1351774210.jpg

3 people like this

Citadel Pre Slotta. Music to my ears. Your painting is a feast for the eyes.

1 person likes this

This one is hard to photograph simply being there is basically black, black and black...

GW: Death Cultist Assassin.

post-7660-0-96085500-1352204488.jpg

2 people like this

Might be Black on black on black but the highlighting is well done and breaks up the blanketing effect of an all black scheme. Well done.

This one is hard to photograph simply being there is basically black, black and black...

Have you set up a lightbox yet? My guess would be a dark background to reduce the tonal spectrum, so your dark highlights aren't crushed down by the very high background.

Well I got my first Red Box Games minis this week and had to paint some of them ASAP :)

Here is my first completed Red Box MIni, the Nether Beast painted red for use as a Rage Drake in DnD games and based on a Back-2-Base-ix 50mm Dungeon Floor base.

2012-02-25-20.14.51.jpg

2012-02-25-20.15.34.jpg

2012-02-25-20.16.09.jpg

Tomorrow I should be posting another Reaper Mini, this one is a lot smaller...

2 people like this

Excllent work! My favorite by far is the half-orc! Can't wait for you to do the other three!

1 person likes this

I managed to have a productive weekend for painting miniatures as I managed to finish two detailed minis and these 5 via speed paint and I made some progress on a couple of other models as well.

These Kobolds were base coated, washed with Black Wash, then some details were picked out such as adding a highlight to the blue, painting the horns (tanned skin with maiden flesh point), teeth (tanned skin) and eyes (linen white & pure black). Nothing fancy but they look great on the table.

post-7660-0-84757800-1352638769.jpg

2 people like this

They are WotC minis from the Chainmail game, back before they went to plastic pre-paints.

Well I was looking at models and was inspired to repaint this model quickly and add to his base.

Its a late 80's early 90's GW River Troll, the large "rock" at the front is actually a piece of coral.

post-7660-0-93251400-1352958737.jpg

1 person likes this

This is the next of the Citadel (GW) adventurer miniatures from back in the mid to late 80's. The second of 4 half-orc miniatures that I have at the front of my queue, notice how being at the front of the queue doesn't in anyway guarantee the model will get painted first :)

This guy is labeled Half-Orc Theif:

post-7660-0-22259600-1353220366_thumb.jpg

1 person likes this

Nice work so far. Reminds me I need to get back to the paint table myself.

1 person likes this