• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 psyberwolfe1

psyberwolfe1

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2237 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

Ok I finished nothing last month. Let's see if I can beat that record this month. With Millenium Con I may actually knock some stuff out.

2014 Painting Goal: 6 Figures/ 36 Painted as of 01/22/2014

For other Wargame and miniature related stuff you can read my blog at http://tacticalrock.blogspot.com

Does anybody else find it odd, by the way, that the information age has led to language becoming an oblique and imprecise tool where even the most straightforward phrasing is pored over with chicken entrails and bone tossing to divine the true meaning?

... nobody remembers Slave Leia because, "Oh my gosh! What innovative use of bronze."

Meep.jpg

#2 ObsidianCrane

ObsidianCrane

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2842 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

From last month I still have my Highlander & 5 WotC Chainmail Kobolds.

In addition I aim to finish the Killer Frogs, 4 2 Citadel Half-Orcs, an old Ral Partha Elf, L2PK4 Barbarian and the Red Box Games Netherbeast done as well.

Finished:
Reaper Miniatures
P02870A Little Angel
03373: Sindolise, Hellborn Sorceress
P14041B Dark Fairy
02315: Lizard Man
02242: Ian MacAndrew

Other Manufacturers
Citadel: Half-Orc Cleric-Thief
Citadel: Half-Orc Thief
Citadel: River Troll
GW: Death Cult Assassin
GW: Skeletal Lizardman (with Harlequin Norman round shield)
GW: Skeletal Skink
Ironwind Metals: Witch of Selene
Red Box Games: Nether Beast
Red Box Games: Lesser Infernal
WotC: (D&D 88301) Kobold with Crossbow (x5 the spear versions were done last month)
WotC: (Plastic) Minotaur Rogue
WotC: (D&D 88284) Lizard Folk
WotC: (D&D 88288) Troglodyte with Spear
Daily Encounter - Dungeons and Dragons 4E content for players and DMs.
Me in Reaper's Inspiration Gallery

#3 Matbar

Matbar

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 301 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

Okay I think I'll take the plunge. 10 years of not painting anything, so I will set a very modest goal. I have one metal orc of indeterminate origin that I need to finish as a coach for the husband's Blood Bowl team. It's going to see heavy handling so I won't be doing anything super awesome like I see a lot of photos for here, but I think it's a good (re)starter project.

#4 Lars Porsenna

Lars Porsenna

Godlike

• Members
  • 5256 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

Still have the carry-over modelling project from last month. Also will be working on finishing up the remaining GW Dark Elf models I have, and get back to painting up my 28mm Late Roman army. Oh, of course I couldn't resist and just started a NEW 15mm Marian Roman army...

Damon.
-The Serial Crusher.
-Godlike since 9-09-04.
-My book blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
-My Minis blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
-My thoughts on D&D 4e: Link
-"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
-"Warhammer40000 is your Standard Sci Fi Setting injected with a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Starship Troopers and Star Wars, bathed in blood and turned up to eleventy billion (and then set on fire). Twice. With chainsaws." Quote

#5 Nocturne

Nocturne

King of the North

• Members
  • 2772 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:06 AM

Carrying over the Ogre, havn't sat down to paint for a couple of weeks mostly due to preparing for a weekend long trip to London last week. Now that's over I should be getting back to it this weekend. Hopefully will clear him off by next weekend and want to get on to some experimenting with different metal techniques before I paint anything proper again.

@nocturnerose

Currently procrastinating

#6 malefactus

malefactus

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:31 AM

I've been a busy Old Man...for an Old man that is. I've been knocking out pieces for my Spooky Forest Project & trying to populate the place:

Posted Image

Here's some of the Population:

Posted Image

I hope you don't mind the photos.
  • Nocturne likes this
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member. G.Marx

#7 Don Rodolfo Graziani

Don Rodolfo Graziani

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:09 AM

This month, I'm working on Reich of the Dead figures. 8 GIs converted to carry shotguns, 'cause I can :devil: , 7 Kroid Riflemen, and six cultists standing around a summoning circle. And that Kraken from last month that I finally finished trimming, but which is still taunting me, daring me to paint!
durn Krakens.
There are things about me you wouldn't understand.....
things you....couldn't....understand......
things you....shouldn't......understand.....
I'm a loner, Dottie......a rebel!

Posted Image

#8 LiquidLimn

LiquidLimn

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

I'm hoping to finish my Purple Worm scenic base this weekend and then get started on another mini straight away. My goal for this month is three with scenic bases!

#9 pocketcthulhu

pocketcthulhu

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 997 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

Might as well throw my hat into the ring, currently I have a couple mini's to finish.
bones Gnoll and that blasted cave troll that i can't decide on a skin tone for.
Isabella Locke.
the guard and rat from the learn to paint kit.
and finally I am going to try my hand at some of those suggestions for improving my lox jarg mini.

I also have a handful of the ddm reapers that I plan on redoing for practice, these are our generic beasties and I'm thinking a repaint and a #1-12 on the base on each one for combat purposes.
Posted Image

Warning: I am a Noob, Follow my advice at your own risk.  

8667879275_46308a2812_s.jpg

#10 CashWiley

CashWiley

Great Old One (With Bow)

• Members
  • 6405 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

November...I'd like to polish off L2PK 1,2 and maybe 4 this month. If I could finish 5 and get some work on 3 I'd really be jamming, because that would free me up for the real painting: Dreadball and Sedition Wars in December.
  • Last Knight likes this

#11 Exwilly

Exwilly

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 614 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

well so far for november ive done a chapter master(lord), interogator chaplain(chaos champion), 2 conversion chaplains(chaos champion), two librarians(are now sorcerors of chaos), a rhino, a dreadnought, raven wing bike squad(chaos bikers now.), two terminator squads(one from AoBR and one from dark vengeance). now i need to to do 2 tact squads, a chaos lord, hellbrute, 2 cultists units. along with my PC for DnD. plus finishing my undead army before its reinforcements arrive in march.
"Remember practice doesn't make perfect but it sure does help only perfect practice makes perfect but you cant be perfect without making mistakes and learning from them." dont know if this is an actual quote by someone lol.

Naturally, he died because a wizard exploded.

like i tell my employees at work who complain about working. your here to work right. yes they reply. your getting paid right. yes they reply. good now go clean the restrooms

#12 Pole

Pole

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 429 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:15 AM

I figure I should jump back in the mix if I am going to hit my painting goal for the year and get all of my minis ready to game with. This month's focus is finishing my first Pathfinder module's worth of minis and getting a few of my friends cowboys completed. I also should really finish up my Ogre WIP piece and post up all those photos I am hoarding on my camera.

I should finish about 12 minis this month doing that. Maybe more.

So far: 1 Mini complete

2013: 14 Minis Painted

2014 Mini Painting Goal:  Paint something :down:
Free time = 0

#13 Foxden Racing

Foxden Racing

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 482 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

My goal for the month: Paint something, anything. I don't care if it's a CAV, a Battlemech, or a Barrow Wight, or even a Bone; I need to get into the habit of painting regularly again; I miss the meditative zen that comes with it.
  • CashWiley, dispatchdave, Last Knight and 2 others like this

#14 Last Knight

Last Knight

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Bones Supporter
  • 3684 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:47 PM

It's a three day weekend, and the weather is supposed to be gorgeous. I'm going to try to knock out my Monster Squad SOBAH list; wish me luck! Contrary to the models I've been working on lately, I'm going back to my old style for these guys - basecoats, dip, matte and call it a night. True tabletop painting!

Here's the starting point:Attached File  2012-11-09 15.43.38.jpg   85.67KB   0 downloads

Two Bones Minotaur of the Maze
Two Bones Bugbear Warrior (1 mostly done)
One Bones Ogre Champion (mostly done)
One Bones Gnoll Warrior

So, shouldn't be too much for me. ::):
Happiness is just a word to me
And it might have meant a thing or two
If I'd known the difference
Emptiness, a lonely parody
And my life, another smokin' gun
A sign of my indifference...

-Seatbelts, "Gotta Knock A Little Harder"

I pretty much agree with everything that Last Knight said.

#15 Don Rodolfo Graziani

Don Rodolfo Graziani

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:04 PM

This month, I'm working on Reich of the Dead figures. 8 GIs converted to carry shotguns, 'cause I can :devil: , 7 Kroid Riflemen, and six cultists standing around a summoning circle. And that Kraken from last month that I finally finished trimming, but which is still taunting me, daring me to paint!
durn Krakens.

Finished the GIs and Kroids today and sealed the cultists and their display base. Been a really good day today.
But the Kraken is still staring at me...... :wacko:
There are things about me you wouldn't understand.....
things you....couldn't....understand......
things you....shouldn't......understand.....
I'm a loner, Dottie......a rebel!

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Roll Call, speed painting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users