• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Corporea

Corporea

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2129 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

Ok, next plan: Snowscape Ranger. Might go slow. The boys are coming next weekend to game, so must clean house. :wacko:
Posted ImagePosted Image
I want to try a snow camouflage effect.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Can't figure out what colors I want to use for the boots. Any thoughts?
  • buglips*the*goblin, Girot, badocter and 4 others like this
oh, you mean I can put stuff here?  cool!  now to think of something...

#2 haldir

haldir

I Don't Look Like My Avatar

• Bones Supporter
  • 12771 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

Nice start.

How about a light grey that lean toward white for the boots?
Posted Image Posted Image Oh what the hell-- Posted Image

ReaperCon goer since 2005!

"The Road Goes Ever On......

"Lop that mutt's nards off spike! " orcsoul

#3 Tranquil Ape

Tranquil Ape

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 238 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:11 PM

Very cool, I can't wait to see this completed... and I second the white-gray boots
-------------------------------------
Formerly known as "D"rayla

My CMON gallery

#4 Panzer_Engel

Panzer_Engel

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 214 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

Thirded, although I'd go for a mid or neutral grey.

Incidentally, I like the use of 'cool' colours throughout, including what I can see of the fleshtones.
"Gott weiß ich will kein Engel sein. . ."

#5 Corporea

Corporea

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2129 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:44 PM

well, the house has finally recuperated from the gaming (just started return to tomb of horrors. whoo!) and I can paint again. I made some progress on nienna.
Posted ImagePosted Image
I used dark blue and purple for the shadows on the face. The lips are a magenta darkened with purple. I have to blend that darn wash on the yellow leggings. Almost ready to attach the other arm. I am planning to turn this into a diorama with the ranger perched on top of a cave. Originally I wanted to put the pathfinder goblins in the cave around a fire, but I don't want to wait until march, so i think I might do cave trolls. Still thinking.
  • buglips*the*goblin, Teskal, Last Knight and 1 other like this

#6 MonkeySloth

MonkeySloth

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 5593 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:47 PM

With all the purple and blue on this miniature might I suggest a bit of reddish glaze in the shadows of the face? Doing so will make the flesh warmer and stand out against all the cool colors you're currently using.
  • Adrift likes this

@monkeysloth

New: Current Contest and Active Ribbon list | My Tutorial List and WIP Thread

I never thought I'd write this...but I agree with MonkeySloth on this one. ~ Adrift

#7 Corporea

Corporea

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2129 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

ok. finally had some time to sit down and plan/sculpt. here's the direction I'm going with the nienna diorama, a la Iron Chef:Posted Image
I have to wait for my santa dwarf to arrive so I can tie him up next to the cauldron. I'll have nienna perched on top of the cave entrance all set to save Christmas. heh heh heh.
Still have to sculpt the fire and a few odds and ends and put together the cave The perspective makes the sack look even larger than it is. I may move it behind the trolls.
  • haldir, buglips*the*goblin, captenglish and 4 others like this

#8 captenglish

captenglish

Godlike

• Members
  • 1268 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

Freakin' cool!!!

They [machines] cannot commune with God. Official Fieldarchy fanboy!

#9 Corporea

Corporea

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2129 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

So, I've finally managed to get some work done.  I think this project is probably too ambitious, but it's been a good learning experience for me.  I'm on a greenstuff budget and I needed a rock formation.  Thus, I raided my garden for pine bark.  I froze it for 48 hrs, just in case, then glued it together with elmer's and spray primed it white.  Attached a few roots, rocks and tree bits.

97c94002-094e-4e58-8c33-5cc8e4432427_zps623761f4-3e87-4085-be0b-16d365bdaf92_zps

The trees and roots are wire and greenstuff.  It looks surprisingly rock-like for pinebark.

Then I did some painting, plotting, planning, etc

84282408-815f-4dd1-a0d9-59054aa1e721_zps

I'm going to use this one for the winter wonderland theme.

• buglips*the*goblin, Seer of the Pitt, badocter and 2 others like this

#10 Corporea

Corporea

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2129 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:33 PM

I did some conversion work on the bones trolls.  I love converting bones.  It's so easy.  I did pin the shoulders, just in case, but I don't think it's necessary.  I filled in the shoulders with greenstuff and painted them up.  Since there are 3 trolls, I wanted to do each one a bit different.

cf6c360d-1c2e-4658-a3ca-b31e26ce6c42_zps

I'm debating what to name this.  Either "allez cusine", "how nienna saved christmas", or something involving either a hulk or a grinch, not sure.

• buglips*the*goblin, Teskal and Last Knight like this

#11 Last Knight

Last Knight

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Bones Supporter
  • 6727 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

Oh man, I can't wait until Nienna is out in Bones. I'm gonna do the one from my Vampire kit traditionally, and then I'm going to just go nuts with them...

Corporea, this diorama is looking awesome, and I can't wait until you're done. I like "How Nienna Saved Christmas." ::D:

Currently DMing Boldly Into Darkness Go: Down The Murder Hole.

@Last Knight
WHY DID YOU POST THAT?

LK is my hero!

#12 Corporea

Corporea

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2129 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

...and finally, I have made progress. Nienna is actually removable, which I think I'm going to keep, since I'd like the game with her.  I used a sneaky trick- I put down some greenstuff, used a thin piece of plastic and set her into it, then finished sculpting.  She pops right out!  hah ha!  The snow globs nicely- it's elmer's glue mixed with baking soda and dusted with soda on top.  The icicles are hot glue carved into shape.

46a64f3d-3e20-4a60-8fe6-ea9db62256d6_zps90e372ab-37df-4e51-b4c6-051e81825e27_zps

I used Environmental tech lite for the water effect. It took about 2 days to dry.  I drew lines around the "rocks", built a little form out of sculpey and poured.  Oh- and to keep it from leaking, I painted the edges with elmer's glue just to seal it first.  It worked!  I painted underneath it first, and plan to frost on top.  At the edges I've stolen Monkeysloth's Distress Crackle paint idea, to make it look like a partially frozen pool.  It'll look better once it's fully painted.  The waterfall is a combination of hot glue, water effect partially dried and chunks of dried crackle paint.

I built the santa giant out of sculpey.  The santa dwarf just would have required too much chopping, and he's so cute, I couldn't bear to do it.  I'm trying to get the water effect in the cauldron to "boil" and it just isn't working.  Anyone have an experience with that?  Every time I mess with it it just settles back down, even when I turn it upside down.  Argh!

• haldir, buglips*the*goblin, estrus and 4 others like this

#13 Last Knight

Last Knight

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Bones Supporter
  • 6727 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

For the cauldron, maybe some sort of a white froth on top, like when pasta starts to overboil? I've seen people do beer-head on miniatures, so it should be doable...

Really awesome looking, Corporea!

• Corporea likes this

Currently DMing Boldly Into Darkness Go: Down The Murder Hole.

@Last Knight
WHY DID YOU POST THAT?

LK is my hero!

#14 chaosscorpion

chaosscorpion

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1254 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

Wow looking amazing.

• Corporea likes this

Life is Chaos... So Enjoy Life

ks_banner_bones_2_core_set.gif

#15 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Emperor of The Moon

• Forum Mascot
  • 11951 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:13 PM

See?  Look!  Just like with bloodydrake's thread!  How do I keep missing these awesome threads?

That is some real nice work, Corporea!

I need to start paying closer attention or something.  Starting to get weird how I keep missing these cool threads. 

• Corporea and Last Knight like this
"I don't think that's true at all." - The Incredulous Hulk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users