• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 paintminion

paintminion

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1269 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:58 AM

I started a FB page for my PaintMinion painting stuff, but figured as I was working on a Reaper piece, it was only fair to post it here as well for Reaper peeps to see. I have been working on this piece about 3 sessions now, and it's coming along nicely, but still a ways to go. It's a fun piece, though that hair - grrrrrr.

There are some really good paint jobs out there on this, and I have seen a couple in person - I was inspired by Michael Proctor's, and so I grabbed one for myself at a ReaperCon a couple years back (thanks to Reaper Ron!). I finally am taking the time to work on it with the coming Hobbit film making me really like dwarves again. :blush:

The other aspect to working on this is that I finally bought a new camera - Nikon Coolpix L810 - and I am playing with different aspects of it and how to edit.

Comment if you like - this, and a historical piece I am also working on, are my first real busts to try. Some of the painting aspects are the same, but a lot of it is just learning to look at it in a slightly different way as it is so much bigger. Smooth blending becomes a necessity! Tones/shades have more play room. And I need to work on those eyes...more on the hair as I am adding white streaks to age him. Higher highlights on the face and some more color added there, I will tweak the shoulder pad color once I am done with the rest and see which way the color needs to shift,

I will try and post a few pics as I go along - so get out those Grudge Busts and get painting! I could not find nearly enough pics out there on the net!

GrudgeWIPb2.jpg
  • buglips*the*goblin, Kuro Cleanbrush, Adrift and 2 others like this

#2 Last Knight

Last Knight

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Bones Supporter
  • 6775 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

For some reason, searching "PaintMinion" on Facebook took me to your personal entry - no sign of the page. Fortunately, since you'd "Liked" it yourself and your interests are public, I was able to find it from there. ::): A direct link, for others interested: https://www.facebook...404490006283923

Enjoying your work thus far, and looking forward to seeing more.

Currently DMing Boldly Into Darkness Go: Down The Murder Hole.

Participant-2014-Square-Button.png

@Last Knight
WHY DID YOU POST THAT?

LK is my hero!

#3 paintminion

paintminion

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1269 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:17 PM

For some reason, searching "PaintMinion" on Facebook took me to your personal entry - no sign of the page. Fortunately, since you'd "Liked" it yourself and your interests are public, I was able to find it from there. ::): A direct link, for others interested: https://www.facebook...404490006283923

Enjoying your work thus far, and looking forward to seeing more.

Thank you for adding the link...my daughter searched and found it...listed as a "Page - Artist" so not sure why different folks are getting different results?

#4 Last Knight

Last Knight

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Bones Supporter
  • 6775 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

... not sure why different folks are getting different results?

Facebook is evil.

Currently DMing Boldly Into Darkness Go: Down The Murder Hole.

Participant-2014-Square-Button.png

@Last Knight
WHY DID YOU POST THAT?

LK is my hero!

#5 paintminion

paintminion

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1269 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:50 PM

... not sure why different folks are getting different results?

Facebook is evil.

Ah. I had almost forgotten that...

#6 paintminion

paintminion

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1269 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

okay, 3rd session with Grudge, worked more on the hair...had contemplated doing streaks of white, but no matter what I did, I didn't like it so just went back to the reddish brown. Did some more highlights and glazes on the skin, added some black to the deeper shadows in the hair, and started picking out all the hairbands and trinkets, earrings, etc with some basecoat to help figure out what will be which colors.

GrudgeWIPc.JPG
GrudgeWIPc2.JPG GrudgeWIPc3.JPG
  • Kuro Cleanbrush, Last Knight and klyons99 like this

#7 Corporea

Corporea

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2163 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:19 PM

Truly beautiful work! I love the hair. I think reds and yellows would look nice as beads in the beard. Is that carving in the middle frog or bear? Anyway, it would look great as a jade carving.
oh, you mean I can put stuff here?  cool!  now to think of something...

#8 Stern Kestrelmann

Stern Kestrelmann

Godlike

• Members
  • 5633 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:39 PM

Good stuff PM!

SK
  • paintminion likes this
THERE IS ONLY THE EMPEROR!

#9 paintminion

paintminion

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1269 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:35 AM

Well, you might think I totally forgot about Grudge, left it to gather dust on a back shelf somewhere, but really, our family went through some very heard times the past 6 months and more, and stuff had to get sidelined.

So although it is suppose to be done for ReaperCon, it's not.  It is, however, much further along!  I will post finals after the Con, but here's the more recent pics.  More done on the hair trinkets, face, hair, armor, nobby bits...sigh.  Really, all I can see is there is so much more to do before ReaperCon!

Enjoy!  Comments and Crits welcome!

DSCN0691 (2).jpg

DSCN0700 (2).jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN0696 (2).jpg

• Last Knight and aku-chan like this

#10 ShadowRaven

ShadowRaven

Corvus Umbra

• Bones Supporter
  • 10407 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:38 AM

Awesome eyes. 

There are some who call me.....Tim

High Quisitor of the Space Quisition as appointed by Space Pope Bryanzilla the First

Warning: expecting sanity and rational posts from this person is liable to get you into trouble, and severely mocked. It does happen from time to time, but don't expect it

Daenir elf  'thief taker' Boldly Into The Darkness

Proud member of "Corporea's Corps" and "Pixel's Posse"

SophieFanclub.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jason wiebe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users