7 posts in this topic
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
By David Brawley
I finished the shaman off last night, and just finished taking some pictures.
Hi all, this is the first bones mini that I've painted, thought I'd share it here. Feedback welcome.
I haven't been painting for long and have only a few old paints I inherited from a friend. I did the base coat using an old citadel foundation paint which seemed to go on OK, with only minimal beading that was easily fixed up with a second coat. Overall it was a nice figure to work with and I look forward to painting more bones minis. (Maybe the next kickstarter?)
Also first time I've tried taking a proper photo of a mini, using the guide from this very forum. I think it turned out OK, although there is a bit of glare in some places.
Thanks for looking
My most ambitious project to date, Narthrax was a fun little challenge for me over the last couple of weeks. My son wanted him to be black, so after I based him in Stormy Grey, I mixed up 3 parts each Adamantine Black and Imperial Purple with a single drop of Pure Black (then repeated it several times!). For the undersides of the wings, I replaced the Imperial Purple with Ruby Red - and did the same for his main back-spikes and horns. I went too far down his tail with the reddened segments and after realizing that it just didn't look right, thought I had successfully covered it up - but from the backside picture, I can see a distinct reddish hue to the top of the upper tail..
I also think I need to touch up the foot-pads and perhaps the trailing-edge bone tips on the wings with - they looked nice with just the Stormy Grey, but the camera is making me second guess that thought..
Who's Online 48 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)
- Dilvish the Deliverer
- Lars Porsenna
- David Brawley
- Grumpy Cave Bear
- Knight of the Dinner Table
- Chris Palmer
- Doug's Workshop