• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Shogun

Shogun

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 635 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:40 PM

This might have been answered earlier (I looked but couldnt find anything) i recently got some new bones and i threw afew of them in boiling water while soft i put them in the stance I wanted, then I put them in a bowl of ice water and put it in the freezer for a few hours. I thought it had worked perfectly but after left out for a day they just go back to normal.

My question is how do you change the stance of bones for good?

#2 Panzer_Engel

Panzer_Engel

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 214 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

With harder grades of vinyl, like the material they make garage kits from, heating and reforming seems fairly permanent.Unfortunately softer grades don't always seem to stay re-posed the same way - I found this out while modding a batch of cheap micro-machine spacecraft for use with Full Thrust.

I will say that holding them in position and letting them cool gradually, rather than trying to hurry the process along, seems to offer a better chance of success. But I'm afraid the only guaranteed way is exactly the same as metal miniatures; Cut, carve, repose, pin and fill.
  • Exwilly likes this
"Gott weiß ich will kein Engel sein. . ."

#3 Goblyn

Goblyn

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 733 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:33 AM

My question is how do you change the stance of bones for good?

with a knife and green stuff
  • Exwilly likes this

#4 Girot

Girot

Drunk Bacon God

• Bones Supporter
  • 3233 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

Ironically I had an issue with a Minotaur who's 'butcher knife' was all twisted up and looked funny. I had intended to try this tactic to correct it but forgot. Three weeks of sitting on my desk and the deformed weapon fixed itself. Damnedest thing I've ever seen.
Active Events: Lysette | Dragons 2013 | Bad Boys | TMBG 2014 | WX14 | RC Songs |
Click this link to my gallery! I need the hits! ::P: | 2014 Painted Miniatures/Models: 23

#5 Frankthedm

Frankthedm

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 3198 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

Nothing says lovin like Bones in the oven!

Bones plastic has better memory than other plastics, but thankfully Reaperbryan shared some info on the heat threshold Bones have.

These figures are cast at over 500 degrees, and freeze near that point, between 400 and 500. When they come out, they are most vulnerable to being misshapen...

Only thing is that Bryan didn't mention if those temps were Celsius or Fahrenheit.

"Life gives you lemons you make lemonade, Life gives you whales... whale burgers." -Cadaver

#6 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 14210 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:22 AM

I'd presume it is Fahrenheit. 500 C is 932 F. I'd presume the plastic would be pushing vapor at 900 F

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

#7 Frankthedm

Frankthedm

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 3198 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:34 AM

Delicious toxic vapor...

"Life gives you lemons you make lemonade, Life gives you whales... whale burgers." -Cadaver

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bones, change shape

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users