Sign in to follow this  
cthulhudarren

Filling in mold lines question

I have some green stuff, but have never used it before. Assembly lines are really small and I was wondering if I need to use liquid green stuff or just regular green stuff to fill in assembly lines. Thanks,

I think I need a picture of what you are doing. Normally mold lines need to be filed down, not filled in. Are you sure what you are looking at is a mold line? If its something that needs to be filled in then I would probably use liquid green stuff rather than the regular green stuff.

I think I need a picture of what you are doing. Normally mold lines need to be filed down, not filled in. Are you sure what you are looking at is a mold line? If its something that needs to be filled in then I would probably use liquid green stuff rather than the regular green stuff.

Sorry, what I was referring to are gaps from when the mini comes in pieces and you must assemble.

Ordinary green stuff should be fine, and has the considerable advantage that it can be sculpted, allowing you to 'continue' details across the gap.

If the gaps are so fine you doubt your ability to fill them with putty, then yes, liquid green stuff.

. . . . Our you can just add talc to brush-on primer until it's thick enough to use as a filler, and apply that, removeing any exess with a damp cloth or tissue as you go.

• Like 2