• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cthulhudarren

cthulhudarren

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 677 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:45 AM

I have some green stuff, but have never used it before. Assembly lines are really small and I was wondering if I need to use liquid green stuff or just regular green stuff to fill in assembly lines. Thanks,

#2 Heisler

Heisler

Auctioneer at Large

• Auctioneer
  • 6258 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:11 AM

I think I need a picture of what you are doing. Normally mold lines need to be filed down, not filled in. Are you sure what you are looking at is a mold line? If its something that needs to be filled in then I would probably use liquid green stuff rather than the regular green stuff.
* It's NOT denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)
* Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war - Shakespeare's Julius Caeser
* Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
* We occasionally stumble over the truth but most of us pick ourselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened. Winston Churchill
* Tardis Express: When it absolutely, positively, has to be there yesterday
* Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more, ... - Shakespeare's Henry V
* My two hobby blog; Wargames and Railroads

#3 cthulhudarren

cthulhudarren

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 677 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:48 AM

I think I need a picture of what you are doing. Normally mold lines need to be filed down, not filled in. Are you sure what you are looking at is a mold line? If its something that needs to be filled in then I would probably use liquid green stuff rather than the regular green stuff.

Sorry, what I was referring to are gaps from when the mini comes in pieces and you must assemble.

#4 Panzer_Engel

Panzer_Engel

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 214 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:59 AM

Ordinary green stuff should be fine, and has the considerable advantage that it can be sculpted, allowing you to 'continue' details across the gap.

If the gaps are so fine you doubt your ability to fill them with putty, then yes, liquid green stuff.

. . . . Our you can just add talc to brush-on primer until it's thick enough to use as a filler, and apply that, removeing any exess with a damp cloth or tissue as you go.
  • Erifnogard and klyons99 like this
"Gott weiß ich will kein Engel sein. . ."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users