• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 dispatchdave

dispatchdave

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1345 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

So, if you don't follow the HA forum, Bruce has just completed 4 new molds to decorate all those awesome building you make. Check out the thread at

http://hirstarts.yuk...ory-Mold-Thread (3 molds, bars, tables, chairs, bottles, buckets, ohemgee a lot)
http://hirstarts.yuk...wood-floor-mold (4th mold, floor tiles)

Pages 21, 24, and 26 have pictures of most of what goes in to the molds (first link, second link is only three pages).

I cannot wait to get my hands on these.

-Dave
  • buglips*the*goblin likes this

Be a gentleman. It is charming and infuriating, respectively, to exactly the people you want it to be.

My brain is not sick, my brain just is. And sometimes I need a little help to function in a society not designed for my cognition.

-http://wolvensnother...-the-brain?og=1

Hirst Arts Molds: 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 50, 54, 56, 57, 58, 59, 61, 80, 85, 201, 202, 230, 235, 240, 245, 250

#2 captenglish

captenglish

Godlike

• Members
  • 1268 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

Pretty cool

They [machines] cannot commune with God. Official Fieldarchy fanboy!

#3 Girot

Girot

Drunk Bacon God

• Bones Supporter
  • 4362 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

some day..... some day....

2014 Painted Miniatures/Models: 42

Bones II:  #7355

#4 Inarah

Inarah

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 4331 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

Nice. I really like the new stairs, the bed and all the "stuff". Can't wait for Castle Kits to start selling casts.
~It's not broken.... it's a conversion. ~

"I got my brother and his six year old hooked last week. They were soon back at the friendly local for more. Starts with a cute lil unicorn, next thing you're onto griffins and purple worms." ~ Carnacki the Ghost Finder

#5 Castlebuilder

Castlebuilder

The Dungeon Builder

• Bones Supporter
  • 2032 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

Mine are ordered! Wooot, I can't wait!
"I forgot about the gods and spun my own bright fate, while at the root of life the three spinners laughed." Bernard Cornwell, Lords of the North

#6 dispatchdave

dispatchdave

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1345 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

My wife is still holding my purse strings hostage until after Christmas (thanks to Reaper and their KS goodness). What do you mean my daughter needs stuff? I need stuff!

Be a gentleman. It is charming and infuriating, respectively, to exactly the people you want it to be.

My brain is not sick, my brain just is. And sometimes I need a little help to function in a society not designed for my cognition.

Hirst Arts Molds: 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 50, 54, 56, 57, 58, 59, 61, 80, 85, 201, 202, 230, 235, 240, 245, 250

#7 Hibou

Hibou

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 274 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:55 AM

I plan on getting these after the holidays. Looks like i am gonna have to build a vibration table to get all the tiny little books and bottles to be bubble free.

#8 dispatchdave

dispatchdave

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1345 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:31 AM

The vibration table shouldn't be too hard. I'm actually looking at getting some small cell phone vibrator motors and attaching them directly to the mold. I may have moisture issues, though....

If you have an air compressor and a pressure chamber, you can also pressure cast to reduce bubbles.

-Dave

#9 mikem91

mikem91

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 400 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

Hmm, cellphone vibrator motors sounds like an interesting solution. Please post if you come up with something that works well.

#10 Girot

Girot

Drunk Bacon God

• Bones Supporter
  • 4362 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

I never would have known these existed if it wasn't for you guys. Now I'm discovering that several of the sci-fi terrain sources I've gone to over the years have been making large resin sets built from Hirst Arts components. After the holidays I will be collecting these bad boys one at a time until I have them all and will be mass producing enough components to put together an 8' x 6' space colony. It will be glorious.
  • dispatchdave, Last Knight and The Inner Geek like this

#11 Girot

Girot

Drunk Bacon God

• Bones Supporter
  • 4362 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

Oh yeah and an entire Pathfinder mining town.
  • dispatchdave and Last Knight like this

#12 Girot

Girot

Drunk Bacon God

• Bones Supporter
  • 4362 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:01 PM

Minecraft eat your heart out.
  • klawzie, Last Knight and klyons99 like this

#13 The Inner Geek

The Inner Geek

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1379 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

Let's don't go crazy now... I still have my own personal minecraft server so I can play the same world when on the computer or laptop... or away from home... or anywhere.
  • Last Knight likes this

If a chicken an a half can lay an egg an a half in a day an a half,
how long will it take a monkey with one wooden leg to kick all the seeds out of a dill pickle?

#14 Girot

Girot

Drunk Bacon God

• Bones Supporter
  • 4362 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

Let's don't go crazy now... I still have my own personal minecraft server so I can play the same world when on the computer or laptop... or away from home... or anywhere.

Fair enough... but when civilzation ends and electicity ceases to exist I'll still be working on my 800lbs plaster castle in my garage/basement. Though at that stage I'll probably be using clay from the nearby mountains instead of plaster...

#15 The Inner Geek

The Inner Geek

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1379 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

After the holidays I will be collecting these bad boys one at a time until I have them all and will be mass producing enough components to put together an 8' x 6' space colony. It will be glorious.

Fair enough... but when civilzation ends and electicity ceases to exist I'll still be working on my 800lbs plaster castle in my garage/basement. Though at that stage I'll probably be using clay from the nearby mountains instead of plaster...

Looks like you are counting on civilation not ending until after the holidays then? I've watched enough Walking Dead and Doomsday Preppers to know that I'm going to die a slow starving death at the end of the world. But, if it's not untill after the holidays that'd be nice!
  • estrus, Girot and klawzie like this

If a chicken an a half can lay an egg an a half in a day an a half,
how long will it take a monkey with one wooden leg to kick all the seeds out of a dill pickle?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hirst arts, HA, castlemolds

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users