dispatchdave

New Hirst Arts molds - Inn & Tavern Decorations/Accessories

19 posts in this topic

So, if you don't follow the HA forum, Bruce has just completed 4 new molds to decorate all those awesome building you make. Check out the thread at

http://hirstarts.yuku.com/topic/5076/The-Inn-Market-Accessory-Mold-Thread (3 molds, bars, tables, chairs, bottles, buckets, ohemgee a lot)

http://hirstarts.yuku.com/topic/6077/1-square-wood-floor-mold (4th mold, floor tiles)

Pages 21, 24, and 26 have pictures of most of what goes in to the molds (first link, second link is only three pages).

I cannot wait to get my hands on these.

-Dave

1 person likes this

some day..... some day....

Nice. I really like the new stairs, the bed and all the "stuff". Can't wait for Castle Kits to start selling casts.

My wife is still holding my purse strings hostage until after Christmas (thanks to Reaper and their KS goodness). What do you mean my daughter needs stuff? I need stuff!

I plan on getting these after the holidays. Looks like i am gonna have to build a vibration table to get all the tiny little books and bottles to be bubble free.

The vibration table shouldn't be too hard. I'm actually looking at getting some small cell phone vibrator motors and attaching them directly to the mold. I may have moisture issues, though....

If you have an air compressor and a pressure chamber, you can also pressure cast to reduce bubbles.

-Dave

Hmm, cellphone vibrator motors sounds like an interesting solution. Please post if you come up with something that works well.

I never would have known these existed if it wasn't for you guys. Now I'm discovering that several of the sci-fi terrain sources I've gone to over the years have been making large resin sets built from Hirst Arts components. After the holidays I will be collecting these bad boys one at a time until I have them all and will be mass producing enough components to put together an 8' x 6' space colony. It will be glorious.

3 people like this

Oh yeah and an entire Pathfinder mining town.

2 people like this

Minecraft eat your heart out.

3 people like this

Let's don't go crazy now... I still have my own personal minecraft server so I can play the same world when on the computer or laptop... or away from home... or anywhere.

1 person likes this

Let's don't go crazy now... I still have my own personal minecraft server so I can play the same world when on the computer or laptop... or away from home... or anywhere.

Fair enough... but when civilzation ends and electicity ceases to exist I'll still be working on my 800lbs plaster castle in my garage/basement. Though at that stage I'll probably be using clay from the nearby mountains instead of plaster...

After the holidays I will be collecting these bad boys one at a time until I have them all and will be mass producing enough components to put together an 8' x 6' space colony. It will be glorious.

Fair enough... but when civilzation ends and electicity ceases to exist I'll still be working on my 800lbs plaster castle in my garage/basement. Though at that stage I'll probably be using clay from the nearby mountains instead of plaster...

Looks like you are counting on civilation not ending until after the holidays then? I've watched enough Walking Dead and Doomsday Preppers to know that I'm going to die a slow starving death at the end of the world. But, if it's not untill after the holidays that'd be nice!

3 people like this