• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By TaleSpinner
      I sculpted this wolf for Darksword last spring.  I got a couple copies of it last week.  Friday night, I decided to paint a version of it for a friend's 11 year-old girl who is crazy about wolves.  When asked how she wanted it painted, she said tan with black stripes and spots. 

That took me a bit to get my head around, but I took the challenge and here is what I painted.  It took me about 3 hours.

• By Kev!
      Howdy,

Foxy the wolf, or wolfie the fox?

Those grapes were probably sour anyway,
      Kev!
    • By Silvervane
      I finally got around to taking photo's of MuuMuu.  I got her orgianlly as a possible bonus figure for modern Zombicide.  Never got around to painting her before getting sucked into black plague.  So I decided to finisher up.  Here is MuuMuu:

Thanks for any looking and any C&C you feel like giving.
    • By Sarducci
      Continuing my paint up of all the bosses in the Forge of Fury, here is Kavorgh, painted up to be the Orc Wight Champion.  My first time playing with a light box to get better pictures too :)

• By Metalchaos
      Reaper Miniatures 03716 Ghouls sculpted by Bob Ridolfi and old school RAFM 02953 Ghoul Warlock.

I painted these in August for a D&D encounter but I had to repaint them because the varnish has created a white fume all over the models when I sealed them. It probably happened to many of you as well. It was the third time I wasted painted models because of that undesirable fume without being able to put my finger on the reason why. I think I now know why it happen.

Trick or treat : A true horror story

It was very humid outside that last August. Fortunately, I was lucky enough to shelter myself in the basement while I was speed painting some exquisite Reaper Miniature models. Late that day, as I was done painting a hand full of Undead models, I decided to seal them with that half-full / half-empty "you choose" can of anti shine matt varnish. It's important to mention that I had already used that very same spray can a month earlier.

This being said, after shaking the spray can for a good minute or so, I opened the basement door leading into the backyard. Immediatly, a draft of hot and humid air invaded the doorway and shook my face. I remember swearing when I felt the moisture condensing to beads of sweat on my skin. Without losing a second, wanting to get back to shelter in my man cave, I spray some figurines. In the darkness of the night, everything seemend to be allright under the dim light of the portico.

The day after, I noticed the damage. By a terrible curse, the models I spayed the night before were covered with a thin, powdery layer of white dust. I gazed around looking for sneering Gremlins but saw nothing unusual. Disconcerted, I became aware of the extent of the damage. There has to be a logical explanation behind this ghouly phenomenon.

As much as I like science fiction and horror stories, I had to find a scientific explanation to all this madness. Wasting other models by this evil spell was not an option. I reused the same spay can to make a test. The only parameter that seemed to be different was the fact that it was very humid and hot outside the night before.

I did not want to ruin hours of time spent painting another model to do this test. So, I sprayed a colored cardboard. Furthermore, I made an exception to the sanitary rule and used the spray can inside. The result was surprising. Even though I was using the same spay can, there was no fume this time. Since then, I've been reusing that same spry can on other models whitout any problem.

What happened that draid August night? Was it the imps playing tricks on me or just the excessive difference of temperature and the heavy humidity in the air catched by the aerosol varnish? I will probably never know but one thing is for sure, I will always test my spray can on an expendable object before spraying my art.

• Who's Online   35 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)