Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 10321 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

And this is why you aren't a moderator.
  • buglips*the*goblin, psyberwolfe1, Citrine and 7 others like this

bryan@reapermini.com

This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

~His High Gameliness, the Most Reverend and Inscrutable, Space Pope Bryanzilla I

#32 Girot

Girot

Drunk Bacon God

• Bones Supporter
  • 4350 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

I think that statues should be part of the next "dungeon dressing" set!
  • Exwilly and Last Knight like this

2014 Painted Miniatures/Models: 42

Bones II:  #7355

#33 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 10321 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:14 PM

One of our sculptors tried to make a statue of Buglips the Goblin. He has since been admitted to Bellview Psychiatric, ranting about impossible Nasal Geometries.

Do NOT send Flowers. He would only eat them.
  • psyberwolfe1, Girot, MonkeySloth and 7 others like this

bryan@reapermini.com

This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

~His High Gameliness, the Most Reverend and Inscrutable, Space Pope Bryanzilla I

#34 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Emperor of The Moon

• Forum Mascot
  • 12217 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

And this is why you aren't a moderator.

That . . . and also that by the time it got to the point where anybody would be thinking about either putting me in charge or giving me responsibilities of any sort, well, odds are I'm the only one left anyway. And even then I'd have to seriously think it over before I trusted myself with the job.

One of our sculptors tried to make a statue of Buglips the Goblin. He has since been admitted to Bellview Psychiatric, ranting about impossible Nasal Geometries.

Do NOT send Flowers. He would only eat them.

You know how I said I couldn't figure out how the packer got all those blister packs into the box? My nostrils are exactly like that, only with fingers.
  • Girot and klyons99 like this
Powered by Frapp Fuel

#35 CashWiley

CashWiley

Great Old One (With Bow)

• 7405 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

One of our sculptors tried to make a statue of Buglips the Goblin.

Was the sculptor named Richard Upton Pickman?
The Wily Brush: Man vs Paint
Project Index
Proud member of Corporea's Corps, Mocha's Minions and Pixel's Posse
Former member of the CashWiley Fan Club
Posted Image

#36 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Emperor of The Moon

• Forum Mascot
  • 12217 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:37 PM

So the unpainted Bones got table use today, and as it turns out leaving them white is actually a good idea. See, the tactical board is a bit old now and the hex paper is not so white anymore. So the very white Bones stand out like they're lit up - and everything white is an NPC or bad guy.

Also, there was no trouble with recognition - even when one tiny rat represented one thing and another tiny rat a different thing.

So it's easiest for me to leave them bare (and nobody was much enthused about taking up some of the paint load anyway).
Powered by Frapp Fuel

#37 cthulhudarren

cthulhudarren

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 795 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:09 PM

So the unpainted Bones got table use today, and as it turns out leaving them white is actually a good idea. See, the tactical board is a bit old now and the hex paper is not so white anymore. So the very white Bones stand out like they're lit up - and everything white is an NPC or bad guy.

Also, there was no trouble with recognition - even when one tiny rat represented one thing and another tiny rat a different thing.

So it's easiest for me to leave them bare (and nobody was much enthused about taking up some of the paint load anyway).

Boo! You know you want to paint them.
  • Last Knight likes this

#38 ced1106

ced1106

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 907 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

Getting them painted by roping your players in seems a good idea; Make them sing for their supper. . . .

I've never had an RPG session start on time, so you could make a bottle of Bones pre-wash, and have your group pre-washing miniatures while waiting for stragglers to show up.

Since water beads on Bones, you want to use clear gesso and a few drops of dark paint to pre-wash the mini's. You only need a thin layer, since you're not priming the mini.

Because this is gesso, you can still paint over it.

Posted Image
  • Adrift, Last Knight and cthulhudarren like this

#39 Last Knight

Last Knight

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Bones Supporter
  • 6769 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

That's awesome, Ced, I need to pick up some clear gesso. ::):

Currently DMing Boldly Into Darkness Go: Down The Murder Hole.

@Last Knight
WHY DID YOU POST THAT?

LK is my hero!

#40 evergrin

evergrin

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:52 AM

Your Bones are not hideous. They are pretty good looking even though you tried not to put all your heart.
Aging with your minis as they get slowly weathered by the adventures is also not that bad.

#41 Adrift

Adrift

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2373 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:49 PM

I'm actually curious about the status of unpainted Bones after a couple of years of substantial use by greasy fingered gamers. They'll probably end up changing color even if you don't want them too. Ew.

#42 Last Knight

Last Knight

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Bones Supporter
  • 6769 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:05 PM

I'm actually curious about the status of unpainted Bones after a couple of years of substantial use by greasy fingered gamers. They'll probably end up changing color even if you don't want them too. Ew.

I have seen odds purples and greens manifest on my Bones after washing (with soap and water).

Currently DMing Boldly Into Darkness Go: Down The Murder Hole.

@Last Knight
WHY DID YOU POST THAT?

LK is my hero!

#43 cthulhudarren

cthulhudarren

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 795 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:25 AM

Since water beads on Bones, you want to use clear gesso and a few drops of dark paint to pre-wash the mini's. You only need a thin layer, since you're not priming the mini.

Because this is gesso, you can still paint over it.

Great idea! I have some Liquitex Airbrush medium, do you think that would do the same trick? What kind of ratio of drops did you use?

#44 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Emperor of The Moon

• Forum Mascot
  • 12217 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

Cheeto orange. They'll all be Cheeto orange. Possibly yellow, if you live somewhere where they still make Nacho Cheetos.

(I do)