• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 pocketcthulhu

pocketcthulhu

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 998 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:55 PM

So my Skull and shackles game is moving along a hair faster than intended so I need to get isabella Prepped and ready to be fed to the meat grinder this Thursday.
this is the result of about 4 hours. as always bear with me as I always find problems when I get a good look of the photos that need to be touched up and excuse the couple of blurry pic's.

at this point It needs some more touch up and the map tattoo on the back (don't have it in me to tackle that tonight.)
I used the cover photo and the picture on her stat block for painting clues.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Warning: I am a Noob, Follow my advice at your own risk.  

8667879275_46308a2812_s.jpg

#2 Metalchaos

Metalchaos

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1199 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

Nice work, the blue is very similar with the one from the picture.
Are you considering applying a wash before completing the details?

#3 pocketcthulhu

pocketcthulhu

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 998 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:25 AM

I had thought about it, I'm thinking you mean a wash for the skin or something else?

#4 Metalchaos

Metalchaos

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1199 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:41 AM

Yes, I was thinking about the skin. Will you aim for an orange sun tan?

#5 pocketcthulhu

pocketcthulhu

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 998 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:09 PM

Wasn't exactly shooting for a jersey shore pirate look but i was defiantly considering some kind of wash to darken the skin tone after the tattoo's are on.

#6 klyons99

klyons99

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 429 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:17 AM

I'm running S&S right now and it moves pretty fast. My group will likely finish the 4th module this week, and I don't think the 5th is going to take all that long. The fleet combat system looks fun, and it's pretty quick. Still, quick or not, it's one of the more fun campaigns we've done in a while.

Nice start on Locke! I can't wait to see how the map tattoo turns out, lot of potentially intricate work there.

#7 pocketcthulhu

pocketcthulhu

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 998 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:18 PM

Speaking of the map, I started playing with tattoos on the back of one of my extra bases a couple of days ago.

At this point Im just working on my brushwork as i have a Very small area to paint half a map on her back, what i read suggested Not doing a black ink and instead using blue and do a fleshwash over it which hasn't been done here.

about the only thing I'm happy with here is the trail and X marks the spot in the upper left attempt.

Posted Image

#8 pocketcthulhu

pocketcthulhu

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 998 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

So it seems that read folder Im usnig for a background isn't the best for displaying skin tone >,>
Posted Image

saw an chance to paint a shadow in on the folded edge of the boot and dry brushed over it.
Posted Image

so the tattoos were a total and Utter pain and after ruining the first paint job trying to fix them I started from scratch and painted the torso Then tattoos before proceeding. I used a lighter blue than for her "clothing" and did three or four washes of skin over it before moving on to a darker brown wash to give the tat's a faded look.
Posted Image

the arm tattoos took the fading Much better imo, now as far as the eyes go I accidental had a white dagger running down out of the right eye but using more of the same wash i used to tan the skin i dabbed on her face and it pretty much completely solved the issue.
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Isabella Locke, pathfinder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users