Urban Legend Sophie Never Came... :(((

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
196 replies to this topic

#1 gogogo!

gogogo!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:03 AM

Hi guys, did anyone actually receive the model at their doorsteps? I ordered *cough NAKED *cough Sophie but it never came. Yes... I do live in Canada... But that doesnt mean i shouldnt receive my model right? Please, help me out with some information and thank you!!

#2 TheAuldGrump

TheAuldGrump

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1277 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:17 AM

It was just shipped a few days ago - most folks have not gotten her yet.

Soon, though. She should be coming soon. So, barring an ill fated tide of fortune you will see her in the next week or so.

There was a bit of a delay waiting for KS to send information, and for folks to confirm their information on the Pledge Manager. (Make sure that you did the Pledge Manager - most folks have, but there may be one or two still waiting.)

The Auld Grump
Si Tibi Narraremus
Te Interficere Debemus

#3 Darsc Zacal

Darsc Zacal

PAX Prime Survivor

• 4758 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:21 AM

I'm confused by your query/complaint. Are you saying you received your early shipment but somehing was missing?

Since Reaper only started to ship out some of the early shipments this week, and today is only Saturday, I'd be surprised if anybody anywhere has received anything yet. Especially anyone here in Canada.

"Yeah, we have magic and elves and crazy wizardocracies, but gender equality, *that's* a fantasy."
- Pingo's alter ego.

"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
- Deep Thoughts

#4 Pally

Pally

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 433 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:25 AM

I'm guessing you'd at least get an email telling you it's been shipped. Not sure if they're doing that with the KS though.. *shrugs*

#5 Panzer_Engel

Panzer_Engel

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 214 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:48 AM

Shipping has started. The time to start worrying will be if you haven't heard anything when they announce it's completed.

Please also note that pledges outside the US (and yes, GoGoGo!, that includes me) Will have our packages shipped last. This makes more sense than you'd think, in that sending out shipments by area code is good practice when you have lots of comparitively small orders to fulfill simultaneously - It minimises the chance of missing someone.
"Gott weiß ich will kein Engel sein. . ."

#6 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Emperor of The Moon

• Bones Supporter
  • 11146 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:50 AM

Hi guys, did anyone actually receive the model at their doorsteps? I ordered *cough NAKED *cough Sophie but it never came. Yes... I do live in Canada... But that doesnt mean i shouldnt receive my model right? Please, help me out with some information and thank you!!

I'm assuming it's been shipped by Reaper's usual method, so in that case give it about 3 weeks from ship day. Reaper stuff is usually here within 2, but it's been a little slower lately. That's not on Reaper's end, it's on Canada Post's. Depending on where you are in Canada, it might arrive sooner. I have the slowest mail out of everybody except the high north, I think.

But a bottle of coke doesn't cost me $8, either, so I suppose I shouldn't complain too much. ::P:
  • psyberwolfe1 and Girot like this
Current Bones Count: Total: awaiting recount Painted: 166

#7 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 9171 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:45 AM

Shipping has begun. there are over 14,000 Sophies to ship out. You should receive an e-mail when yours ships. Because of the high volume, not everyone will be able to have already been shipped nor to have theirs shipped fist thing tomorrow.

Please exercise patience, as it does take time to pack and ship that large a volume of parcels.
  • Dr.Bedlam and Tranquil Ape like this

bryan@reapermini.com This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

#8 Shakandara

Shakandara

God of All Things Cheesecake

• Black Lightning
  • 5944 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:17 AM

If I'm ordering from Reaper normally, I generally have my package within a day or two, as I'm not that far from them. I haven't received mine yet, and you are... significantly farther.

Patience grasshopper.

Also, re: the topic title... That's what she said. :lol:

~v

Edited by Shakandara, 11 November 2012 - 09:18 AM.

• Nocturne, DavFlamerock, klawzie and 2 others like this

Shakandara.com

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Look! Auctions!! Buy my stuff!!!

#9 Pole

Pole

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 440 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:28 PM

Yupp I live an hour from Reaper and my packages only take a day to get here. No Sophie no cry!

I am sure yours will be there soon enough :;):

2013: 14 Minis Painted

2014 Mini Painting Goal:  Paint something :down:
Free time = 0

#10 Darsc Zacal

Darsc Zacal

PAX Prime Survivor

• 4758 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

When I order from Reapers online store, it usually takes 2-3 weeks for it to arrive here on Canada's West Coast.

"Yeah, we have magic and elves and crazy wizardocracies, but gender equality, *that's* a fantasy."
- Pingo's alter ego.

"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
- Deep Thoughts

#11 Shogun

Shogun

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 678 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

2-3 weeks on west coast BC!

#12 Last Knight

Last Knight

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Bones Supporter
  • 6621 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

there are over 14,000 Sophies to ship out

SO MANY SOPHIES

Currently DMing Boldly Into Darkness Go: Down The Murder Hole.

@Last Knight
WHY DID YOU POST THAT?

LK is my hero!

#13 sumbloke

sumbloke

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 694 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:14 PM

So few Sophies... it's less than 1 per backer on average and I know I'm getting two.

I used to be into necrophilia, bestiality and S&M... but then I realised I was flogging a dead horse.

#14 Pingo

Pingo

Godlike

• Members
  • 6084 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

Shipping has begun. there are over 14,000 Sophies to ship out. You should receive an e-mail when yours ships. Because of the high volume, not everyone will be able to have already been shipped nor to have theirs shipped fist thing tomorrow.

Please exercise patience, as it does take time to pack and ship that large a volume of parcels.

Only 3,000 backers decided to forego the Sophie?

I built a boat. Spelljammer pictures here.

Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.
-- Terry Pratchett

"Therefore, O Painter, make your smaller figures merely indicated and not highly finished, otherwise you will produce effects the opposite to nature, your supreme guide"
-- Leonardo da Vinci

"All alternate histories produce zeppelins."
-- Ken Hite's Law

#15 Caffiene

Caffiene

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 252 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

Only 3,000 backers decided to forego the Sophie?

Id say more traded her in, but some people also got multiples.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users