• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Inarah

Inarah

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 3887 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:35 AM

Those of you who do the rule-writing for Warlord, can you tell me if there are plans to make a Karkarion faction? I really enjoyed playing them in the one game at Reapercon, and I want to invest in the models if there are rules in the works.
~It's not broken.... it's a conversion. ~

"I got my brother and his six year old hooked last week. They were soon back at the friendly local for more. Starts with a cute lil unicorn, next thing you're onto griffins and purple worms." ~ Carnacki the Ghost Finder

#2 Humansquish

Humansquish

Rauthuros

• Bones Supporter
  • 1804 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:32 PM

I was working on my own for fun after Reapercon. I've been trying to decide what the faction theme, army abilities, & warlord abilities should be. But yes I would also really like to see a Karkarion faction.
2012 Painted: 2, 2012 Acquired: 132 "The battle between Minis I Want and Money That Needs Not To Be Spent is eternal, and wearies the soul."--Nanite "you don't buy miniatures to paint, rather you buy miniatures to daydream about painting and that you like to daydream a lot!" Ed Pugh

#3 Shakandara

Shakandara

God of All Things Cheesecake

• Black Lightning
  • 5883 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:51 PM

AFAIK, there is nothing further official in development for Warlord right now. Without digging in to the datacards too much, I'd imagine they'd make decent proxies for Koborlas.

~v

Shakandara.com

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

#4 Sergei

Sergei

Godlike

• Black Lightning
  • 1007 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:26 PM

I know Castlebuilder has a list. PM him and I'm sure he'll pass on what he has.

I let my dice speak for me

Remember to keep safety first.....or at least in the top five

Pray to god, but row for shore.-Russian proverb

#5 Castlebuilder

Castlebuilder

The Dungeon Builder

• Bones Supporter
  • 2018 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:38 AM

I made up data cards for Karkarions, Slith, and Fairweather Pirates for my ReaperCon12 game. They are small lists with only 4-6 data cards and they don't have point values. But Sergei is correct, I am happy to share them.
"I forgot about the gods and spun my own bright fate, while at the root of life the three spinners laughed." Bernard Cornwell, Lords of the North

#6 Broonkah

Broonkah

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:08 PM

I too would like to see a Karkarion faction. I am fairly new to Warlord. Who would we need to lobby to get some movement toward official rules on the Karkarions.

Thanks Inarah for starting the thread. It was good to meet you and Reaperbryan at Millenium.

#7 Shakandara

Shakandara

God of All Things Cheesecake

• Black Lightning
  • 5883 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:06 AM

Lobbying per se probably won't do you much good. Reaper is going to have their hands pretty well full with handling their normal business plus the Kickstarter over the next several months. I'd not expect them to devote much resources to pushing anything new for Warlord in light of that, especially when you consider that both of the last supplements were largely produced though the efforts of long-time Warlord players and forum members, rather than an in-house game design team.

I guess the best advice I can offer is that if you (and others like you), really like the Karkarions, say so in the "minis we would like to see" threads with suggestions for additional Karkarions (thresher? whale shark? etc.), requests to see the Karkarions in Bones, etc. Reaper folks do patrol those threads; if Reaper sees the demand for the Karkarions, it might just provide the leverage to see them turned in to a Warlord faction at some point. Honestly, however, I'd not expect anything official any time soon.

~v

Shakandara.com

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

#8 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 14210 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:43 AM

Moved the System discussion posts to this thread.

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

#9 psyberwolfe1

psyberwolfe1

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2237 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:47 AM

Moved the System discussion posts to this thread.

Thanks.

2014 Painting Goal: 6 Figures/ 36 Painted as of 01/22/2014

For other Wargame and miniature related stuff you can read my blog at http://tacticalrock.blogspot.com

Does anybody else find it odd, by the way, that the information age has led to language becoming an oblique and imprecise tool where even the most straightforward phrasing is pored over with chicken entrails and bone tossing to divine the true meaning?

... nobody remembers Slave Leia because, "Oh my gosh! What innovative use of bronze."

Meep.jpg

#10 Inarah

Inarah

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 3887 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:37 AM

http://seattle.cbslo...e-on-the-loose/

Now I want killer commando dolphins in my army list, too! 

~It's not broken.... it's a conversion. ~

"I got my brother and his six year old hooked last week. They were soon back at the friendly local for more. Starts with a cute lil unicorn, next thing you're onto griffins and purple worms." ~ Carnacki the Ghost Finder

#11 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 14210 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

Thus, the latest SyFy Original Movietm is generated...

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

#12 ViciousPanzer

ViciousPanzer

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

I would love to see a Karkarion faction. I think that would be boss. However! Datacard wise I would suspect they are fairly similar to Koborlas. Infact! If you really had an urge and the mind for it I bet you could create a proxied up Koborlas list that would play every bit like a swarm of blood crazed shark people and still be very viable. :)

Short Josh "If knowledge is power, and power corrupts, then are only the ignorant pure?" "Apathy is the veil behind which the ignorant and cowards hide." "In a ham and egg breakfast the chicken is involved, but the pig is commited. Be the pig!"

#13 ObsidianCrane

ObsidianCrane

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2849 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

Well it seems to me that there is probably enough to make another faction book;

Warlord Islands of Fire;

Karkarion, Fire Giants, Halflings, Pirates (living ones), Lizardmen, Bathalians, Anhurian and Breone.

Seeing that the last book was mostly driven by fans why could this one not be mostly driven by fans? Doesn't the existence of Kickstarter now also mean that once the book is sorted out Reaper could "test the waters" and ensure that it, and the associated miniatures will pay for itself to start with before they need to lock themselves in?

Daily Encounter - Dungeons and Dragons 4E content for players and DMs.
Me in Reaper's Inspiration Gallery

#14 Outkast Samurai

Outkast Samurai

Metal Daimyo

• Black Lightning
  • 2055 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:55 AM

The Okuran's would fit well into that book as well. I do believe if I remember correctly that they were on an island in the northeast of Adon.

Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain
BL:OH018

#15 JeffyBaby

JeffyBaby

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:28 PM

Who are the Breone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users