• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sanael

Sanael

God among Kender and Kobolds

• Bones Supporter
  • 1780 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

This mini has long been a favorite of mine, and I finally had a reason to paint it up as an NPC for my Eberron campaign. Basically, this is one of the PC's old foes, thought dead, now risen as a major undead and bent on vengeance. He's meant to be incorporeal, but is clad in corporeal power armor, so I tried to get a bit of glow-from-within effect. It looks pretty good in-the-hand, but the photos show me a lot of places where it falls short. Next time I do anything OSL-related, I'll WiP it so I can get it straight. Anyhoo, here 'tis. C&C always welcome!

Garrow_bereft2.jpg
  • Matbar, Thrym, Nocturne and 3 others like this

Index of my Show-Off minis.

Current workbench: Wyrmgear (boss monster for Eberron; WiP here). 35 pts of Legion of Everblight (19/35 complete). RP Draconians Box Set.

Why yes, that is a Kaladrax on my shoulder. Why do you ask?

#2 Adrift

Adrift

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1930 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

I pulled up the enlarged pics, but I'm remiss to say that I just can't see much detail b/c of the darkness of the photos. :mellow:

#3 Sanael

Sanael

God among Kender and Kobolds

• Bones Supporter
  • 1780 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

OK...fiddled a bit in Photoshop...still not the best photos, but increased the brightness. I may just need to take new photos, but give this a shot for now.

Index of my Show-Off minis.

Current workbench: Wyrmgear (boss monster for Eberron; WiP here). 35 pts of Legion of Everblight (19/35 complete). RP Draconians Box Set.

Why yes, that is a Kaladrax on my shoulder. Why do you ask?

#4 Matbar

Matbar

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 301 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

Oh I really love this! The blackened folds under the red make it look all hellish and half charred. Also it's a very odd mini, and I am partial to the unusual in the first place. Great work.

#5 Dog_Soldier

Dog_Soldier

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:32 PM

You may not have pulled off the effect you wanted to, but we are always are own harshest critic. That is one fine lookin' Gaspie.

#6 Last Knight

Last Knight

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Bones Supporter
  • 3684 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:37 PM

I agree, I'd be nervous seeing him across a table, and moreso in an RPG context.
Happiness is just a word to me
And it might have meant a thing or two
If I'd known the difference
Emptiness, a lonely parody
And my life, another smokin' gun
A sign of my indifference...

-Seatbelts, "Gotta Knock A Little Harder"

I pretty much agree with everything that Last Knight said.

#7 Nocturne

Nocturne

King of the North

• Members
  • 2772 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:20 AM

Always loved the Asphixious minis, great character design. Nice colour choice with him.

For my own stuff I try to ignore issues that the camera shows in enlarged photos on the belief that they are either in the eye of the beholder or something out of nothing when looking at the actual mini in hand.

@nocturnerose

Currently procrastinating

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Privateer Press

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users